Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
How do you think the final film will end?
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

The Grey Pilgrim
Lorien

Jun 12 2014, 4:56pm

Post #1 of 40 (1070 views)
Shortcut
How do you think the final film will end? Can't Post

It's getting down to it now. thinking about endings and the possibilities different ones could hold. I think a return to the frame story with Old Bilbo is very likely as bookends but perhaps there are other possibilities. So basically, I'm asking how do you all THINK the film will end, and how do you WANT it to end?

(This post was edited by The Grey Pilgrim on Jun 12 2014, 4:57pm)

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Jun 12 2014, 5:06pm

Post #2 of 40 (611 views)
Shortcut
The Necromancer sitting on his chair in Barad Dur and saying : Thank Goodness! [In reply to] Can't Post

Tongue

The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true!

J Pierpont Flathead
Rivendell

Jun 12 2014, 5:24pm

Post #3 of 40 (570 views)
Shortcut
Planet of the Apes Bridge Film [In reply to] Can't Post

In a bizarre ending, Bilbo will drop the ring at the end of The Battle of Five Armies only to have Peter Jackson make his cameo as Tom Bombadil who picks it up and hands it to a new Middle-earth race of apes as a bridge film opportunity for Andy Serkis. Questioned about this new direction, Jackson only replies that "It's the film I want to see."

Now his life is full of wonder
But his heart still knows some fear
Of a simple thing he cannot comprehend
Why they try to tear the mountains down
To bring in a couple more
More people, more scars upon the land

Arannir
Valinor

Jun 12 2014, 5:35pm

Post #4 of 40 (569 views)
Shortcut
Do not really think so, but wished so... ;) [In reply to] Can't Post

To quote myself from another thread:

After the last book scene, cut back to old Bilbo writing his book... maybe muttering "No... no... I have not done this right....", explaining the different ways he starts the book in AUJ and FotR.

He starts writing again, maybe rips some pages off the book.

Then let him get interrupted by someone knocking at the door, Bilbo gets annyoed and stands up, leaving the room.

While we hear him yelling in the background "No, thank you! We don't want any more visitors, well wishers, or distant relations." the camera zooms on the book (or alternatively out of the window) that he has left open.

"The End" appears while we hear distantly "And what about very old friends?"

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Jun 12 2014, 6:22pm

Post #5 of 40 (513 views)
Shortcut
*mods up* [In reply to] Can't Post

Count me in on wanting it to end like that. I love it!HeartCoolSmile

"Love woke me up this morning
With a memory
Love came and whispered a story
That awakened a dream,

I am a dreamer, take me higher
Open the sky up, start a fire
I believe even if it's just a dream"
~"Dreamer" by Bethany Dillon

Faramir5
Bree

Jun 12 2014, 6:28pm

Post #6 of 40 (506 views)
Shortcut
Like the book... [In reply to] Can't Post

Bilbo is back in Bag End...and hopefully a connection back to FotR like the person said above. I thought that idea was pretty cool. I just hope it's a good END. And when I say END...I mean I don't want it to be something unsettling about how Sauron is still gaining power. Like the end of RotK, I want to be able to say "ah, that was nice."

Hanzkaz
Rohan

Jun 12 2014, 6:42pm

Post #7 of 40 (522 views)
Shortcut
I want an after-credits scene - [In reply to] Can't Post

- showing Gandalf on his cart on the way to the Long-Expected Party.

From the makers of 'The Lord of the Rings' comes the sequel to Peter Jackson's Hobbit Trilogy -
'The War in the North, Part I : The Sword in the Tomb'.

Bombadil
Half-elven

Jun 12 2014, 7:15pm

Post #8 of 40 (493 views)
Shortcut
Old Bilbo (Ian Holm) blows out the Candle....//// [In reply to] Can't Post

Arannir
Valinor

Jun 12 2014, 7:22pm

Post #9 of 40 (444 views)
Shortcut
Thank you! [In reply to] Can't Post

Blush

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

cats16
Half-elven

Jun 12 2014, 7:48pm

Post #10 of 40 (443 views)
Shortcut
This crossed my mind too, Bomby. [In reply to] Can't Post

Great mirror of AUJ.

(This post was edited by cats16 on Jun 12 2014, 7:48pm)

dormouse
Half-elven

Jun 12 2014, 7:55pm

Post #11 of 40 (449 views)
Shortcut
Not sure how I THINK it will end..... [In reply to] Can't Post

But I really would like it to end as beautifully as RotK did, with sketches of the main characters and a haunting credit song that makes you smile and cry all at once, and wish it didn't have to end at all.

BlackFox
Half-elven

Jun 12 2014, 8:00pm

Post #12 of 40 (415 views)
Shortcut
The screen goes black. // [In reply to] Can't Post

“Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” - Henry David Thoreau

Elessar
Valinor

Jun 12 2014, 8:03pm

Post #13 of 40 (410 views)
Shortcut
That's my hope as well :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jun 12 2014, 8:14pm

Post #14 of 40 (417 views)
Shortcut
Gandalf and Balin at Bag End [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm not sure how Ian Holm might be utilized; however, Martin Freeman's Bilbo should receive a visit from Gandalf and Balin as in the book. That is such a perfect epilogue that I'm not sure how, if at all, Holm should be used unless he is instead in a prologue.

BILBO (passing Gandalf the pipeweed jar): Thank goodness!

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

tsmith675
Gondor

Jun 12 2014, 8:14pm

Post #15 of 40 (410 views)
Shortcut
Nick Fury tells Bilbo about something called the "Avengers Initiative".// [In reply to] Can't Post

Our destiny lies above us.

Darkstone
Immortal

Jun 12 2014, 8:16pm

Post #16 of 40 (389 views)
Shortcut
I like that! / [In reply to] Can't Post

The audacious proposal stirred his heart. And the stirring became a song, and it mingled with the songs of Gil-galad and Celebrian, and with those of Feanor and Fingon. The song-weaving created a larger song, and then another, until suddenly it was as if a long forgotten memory woke and for one breathtaking moment the Music of the Ainur revealed itself in all glory. He opened his lips to sing and share this song. Then he realized that the others would not understand. Not even Mithrandir given his current state of mind. So he smiled and simply said "A diversion.”

delius82
Rivendell

Jun 12 2014, 8:22pm

Post #17 of 40 (388 views)
Shortcut
The end... [In reply to] Can't Post

Directed by
Peter Jackson...Wink

Darkstone
Immortal

Jun 12 2014, 8:31pm

Post #18 of 40 (381 views)
Shortcut
A vision of Morgoth going "Miss me?" / [In reply to] Can't Post

The audacious proposal stirred his heart. And the stirring became a song, and it mingled with the songs of Gil-galad and Celebrian, and with those of Feanor and Fingon. The song-weaving created a larger song, and then another, until suddenly it was as if a long forgotten memory woke and for one breathtaking moment the Music of the Ainur revealed itself in all glory. He opened his lips to sing and share this song. Then he realized that the others would not understand. Not even Mithrandir given his current state of mind. So he smiled and simply said "A diversion.”

DanielLB
Immortal

Jun 12 2014, 8:37pm

Post #19 of 40 (381 views)
Shortcut
I hope it ends with Leonard Nimoy. / [In reply to] Can't Post

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Jun 12 2014, 8:42pm

Post #20 of 40 (378 views)
Shortcut
I would like Holm narrting how he and Gandy arrive to Hobbiton (like Frodo with the ROTK map)and then a last scene with a transitional Bilbo (a little bit older) played by Freeman [In reply to] Can't Post

With Balin and Gandalf having tea

The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true!

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jun 12 2014, 8:52pm

Post #21 of 40 (362 views)
Shortcut
Okay. [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I would like Holm narrting how he and Gandy arrive to Hobbiton (like Frodo with the ROTK map)and then a last scene with a transitional Bilbo (a little bit older) played by Freeman With Balin and Gandalf having tea

That could work.

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

Bernhardina
Rohan

Jun 12 2014, 9:19pm

Post #22 of 40 (355 views)
Shortcut
Nah [In reply to] Can't Post

It is not a bad ending if you have seen the LOTR and get the reference but for a stand alone movie, I don't think it would fit :)

burgahobbit
Rohan

Jun 12 2014, 9:23pm

Post #23 of 40 (354 views)
Shortcut
Wonderful idea Bombadil! [In reply to] Can't Post

This is now by far my new favorite ending. I also liked the idea of Bilbo closing the door to bag end as Sam closed the hobbit hole door in ROTK, but the candle is an even better idea IMHO. It would perfect!

"I've found it is the small things, everyday deeds of ordinary folk, that keeps the darkness at bay. Simple acts of kindness and love. Why Bilbo Baggins? Perhaps it is because I’m afraid, and he gives me courage.” - Gandalf the Grey.

"Do not be afraid Mithrandir, if ever you should need my help, I will come." - Lady Galadriel.

Arannir
Valinor

Jun 12 2014, 9:30pm

Post #24 of 40 (341 views)
Shortcut
Hmmm... [In reply to] Can't Post

... The new audience won't realize it is a known scene but they would still recognize Gandalf's voice and get that he must be one of the birthday guests and that they staid friends all those years (an important information imho).

I wonder whether this would really confuse people more than all the LotR characters who are showing up in TH without much explanation or introduction (Galadriel, Frodo, Saruman, even Elrond).

It will surely be interesting... not a easy decision I imagine... I am quite sure it will be Holm in one way or the other though.

(This post was edited by Arannir on Jun 12 2014, 9:31pm)

Darkstone
Immortal

Jun 12 2014, 9:53pm

Post #25 of 40 (316 views)
Shortcut
In a duo with Glenn Yarbrough. / [In reply to] Can't Post

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.