Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
Why is my posting space limited? (technical question on site)

boldog
Rohan

Jun 9 2014, 8:24am

Post #1 of 12 (360 views)
Shortcut
Why is my posting space limited? (technical question on site) Can't Post

When i try to post something on torn, i am very limited to what i can do for some reason. Once there used to be buttons on top of the message box, where it had options like upload image, BOLD, ITALICS, but for some reason it doesnt show up any more for me.

And even the box in which i am writing this right now is very small. it used to be big! Now its just a little square.
Does anyone have any idea on whats wrong here? It has been like this for like half a yea now!
It really annoying considering im trying to do a CHOW as well. thanks for any help

I believe that Azog and Bolg are possibly the only two orcs who may be an exception to the typical evil nature of an orc. Azog had brought up his son, well enough that he actually acknowledges him as his own son. That is a first for any orc. And Bolg sets out to march upon Erebor in vengeance of his fathers death. How many orcs will Try and avenge another dead orc? Most will just forget about the dead one. This gives me hope that Orcs, have some traits of good in them, even if it is small aspects.

DanielLB
Immortal

Jun 9 2014, 8:33am

Post #2 of 12 (297 views)
Shortcut
Does it appear like this: [In reply to] Can't Post

rather than like this:

Which browser are you using? By the sounds of it, you would prefer to use "Advanced Editor". That is not supported on Google Chrome or Safari. If you are using either of those browsers, you might consider changing to another. If you aren't using either of them, then have you checked to see if there is a "Switch to Advanced Editor" button just below the text box, as below?

In the meantime, the text box in Google Chrome is resizable. Just drag the bottom right hand corner to the desired size. It isn't resizable in Internet Explorer.

Smile

(This post was edited by DanielLB on Jun 9 2014, 8:38am)

boldog
Rohan

Jun 9 2014, 8:36am

Post #3 of 12 (296 views)
Shortcut
UGH [In reply to] Can't Post

makes me cringe looking at it DanielLB
yes that is what it is. I use chrome, so i guess ill have to change that. lol thanks heaps!

I believe that Azog and Bolg are possibly the only two orcs who may be an exception to the typical evil nature of an orc. Azog had brought up his son, well enough that he actually acknowledges him as his own son. That is a first for any orc. And Bolg sets out to march upon Erebor in vengeance of his fathers death. How many orcs will Try and avenge another dead orc? Most will just forget about the dead one. This gives me hope that Orcs, have some traits of good in them, even if it is small aspects.

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Jun 9 2014, 1:25pm

Post #4 of 12 (267 views)
Shortcut
Using Chrome too.. [In reply to] Can't Post

I Just drag the bottom right hand corner to the desired size.

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth." -Albert Einstein

Magpie
Immortal

Jun 9 2014, 4:11pm

Post #5 of 12 (267 views)
Shortcut
well now! one just learns something new every day. [In reply to] Can't Post

I now use Chrome and although I'm not fond of the Basic Editor here it keeps me from fussing too much on formatting and I can code most things fairly quickly. (and by time I abandoned Firefox I was really getting irritated with them)

But I didn't like the size of the compose window. You can change the size in your preferences and I tweaked it a few times to get it bigger but not too big.

I never knew you could just click and drag it. doh! there's a little indicator there and everything.

I wonder if we need a regular thread on the boards called: "Did you know you could do X on the message boards?"

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Jun 9 2014, 7:44pm

Post #6 of 12 (247 views)
Shortcut
Dang good idea Magpie... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I wonder if we need a regular thread on the boards called: "Did you know you could do X on the message boards?"

I SURE could have used one when I was a newbie...Mad

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth." -Albert Einstein

(This post was edited by Bracegirdle on Jun 9 2014, 7:44pm)

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 9 2014, 8:32pm

Post #7 of 12 (250 views)
Shortcut
Like this? [In reply to] Can't Post

FAQs.

Angelic

But yes, I think a 'Did you know you could...' thread could well be useful.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Maciliel
Valinor

Jun 9 2014, 8:51pm

Post #8 of 12 (229 views)
Shortcut
i still can't [In reply to] Can't Post

i still can't for the life of me post an inline picture.

gah.

cheers --

aka. fili orc-enshield
+++++++++++++++++++
the scene, as i understand it, is exceptionally well-written. fili (in sort of a callback to the scene with the eagles), calls out "thorRIIIIIIN!!!" just as he sees the pale orc veer in for the kill. he picks up the severed arm of an orc which is lying on the ground, swings it up in desperation, effectively blocking the pale orc's blow. and thus, forever after, fili is known as "fili orc-enshield."

this earns him deep respect from his hard-to-please uncle. as well as a hug. kili wipes his boots on the pale orc's glory box. -- maciliel telpemairo

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 9 2014, 9:17pm

Post #9 of 12 (230 views)
Shortcut
I can't do it in Advanced Editor [In reply to] Can't Post

but I can in Basic Editor (when I bend TORN's server to my will). Evil

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

CuriousG
Half-elven

Jun 9 2014, 9:47pm

Post #10 of 12 (231 views)
Shortcut
Posting inline photos [In reply to] Can't Post

I haven't done it in a long time, but Magpie's instructions are helpful. Here's a test.

PS> This was with Firefox.

(This post was edited by CuriousG on Jun 9 2014, 9:47pm)

Magpie
Immortal

Jun 9 2014, 10:28pm

Post #11 of 12 (217 views)
Shortcut
I wrote instructions for Advanced Editor [In reply to] Can't Post

but not Basic Editor.

But, Maciliel, if you need help with Basic, we can problem solve it here on Feedback. (and lots of people can help... there's nothing magical about me).

But yeah... if you have Advanced Editor... give my tutorial a try. If that isn't working, then ask for help here.

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Jun 9 2014, 10:55pm

Post #12 of 12 (252 views)
Shortcut
Yes, Ataahua Superuser / Moderator [In reply to] Can't Post

FAQs are a 98% help. But there's always the oddball problem. Comes with the territory.... eh? Unsure

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.