Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
29 Male Celebs Who Looked Absolutely Flawless In Drag... ME lads well-represented

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jun 7 2014, 2:05pm

Post #1 of 16 (475 views)
Shortcut
29 Male Celebs Who Looked Absolutely Flawless In Drag... ME lads well-represented Can't Post

29 Male Celebs Who Looked Absolutely Flawless In Drag

Don't know about the rest, but to be fair, No. 6 was not a drag character, but a woman-in-transition. Smile

Fan of both books and movies. Oh, and it seems I have severely misnamed myself... for the moment.

Thranduil Appreciation: I, II, III, IV, V

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBofTA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Jun 7 2014, 4:24pm

Post #2 of 16 (381 views)
Shortcut
oh and......... [In reply to] Can't Post

The Pusheenduil icon made me look up that darn cat...

o .O

So ridiculously simple, so ridiculously cute, so....
I have no idea. Five gazillion followers, merch, etc...

How'd they DO THAT!?!?!

I have to admit it's a gazillion times better than My Little Sparkly Whatevertheheck That Weird Rainbow Critter Thing Is, or Hello Kitty.

May it never be ruined by commercial success.

"Judge me by my size, would you?" Max the Hobbit Husky.

Greenwood Hobbit
Valinor

Jun 7 2014, 9:12pm

Post #3 of 16 (357 views)
Shortcut
Oh, that was fun! [In reply to] Can't Post

Liev Schreiber was just... naughty.

Dame Ioreth
Tol Eressea

Jun 7 2014, 11:13pm

Post #4 of 16 (340 views)
Shortcut
Jason Isaac [In reply to] Can't Post

in Sweet November. The only thing that saved that movie. He was Cherie and his partner was Brandi. Oh my gosh... wonderful! (and a long way from Lucius Malfoy! Laugh )

Where there's life there's hope, and need of vittles.
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jun 8 2014, 2:47am

Post #5 of 16 (326 views)
Shortcut
Yeah, I was surprised he's not Asian [In reply to] Can't Post

The chibi style had me thinking he's Japanese ala Maru the box diver extradinaire. Even his name seemed to be a Japanese strange-warp Tongue

But I like him regardless.

May it never be ruined by commercial success.

Paws crossed!

Fan of both books and movies. Oh, and it seems I have severely misnamed myself... for the moment.

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBofTA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jun 8 2014, 2:48am

Post #6 of 16 (321 views)
Shortcut
Haha! I can't look at him the same way again // [In reply to] Can't Post

Starling
Half-elven

Jun 8 2014, 2:52am

Post #7 of 16 (320 views)
Shortcut
Have you seen Sean Bean in Accused? [In reply to] Can't Post

It's one of the most depressing things I've ever seen. Frown And I've seen some depressing things.

I think Buzzfeed chose a weird title for their list - a lot of these blokes definitely do not make 'absolutely flawless' drag queens! Sean Bean looked terrible and tragic, but of course that was the whole point.

I do think Stephen Fry looks particularly lovely.

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jun 8 2014, 2:59am

Post #8 of 16 (318 views)
Shortcut
Actually I thought SB was in Jodie Foster's Accused [In reply to] Can't Post

But nope... I had idea about this series.

I think Buzzfeed chose a weird title for their list - a lot of these blokes definitely do not make 'absolutely flawless' drag queens! Sean Bean looked terrible and tragic, but of course that was the whole point.

Definitely a strange headline, but I guess it grabs attention. Smile

Starling
Half-elven

Jun 8 2014, 3:08am

Post #9 of 16 (312 views)
Shortcut
If you are familiar with Jimmy McGovern, [In reply to] Can't Post

and his work such as Cracker and The Street, then you will have a sense of what to expect from Accused. It's hard to watch but very, very good.

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jun 8 2014, 3:17am

Post #10 of 16 (311 views)
Shortcut
Not at all... [In reply to] Can't Post

English TV here is dominated by US stuff Smile I am starting to check out UK offerings though, gonna file this away for reference. Thanks!

Appreciating Thranduil, thread by thread: I, II, III, IV, V

DanielLB
Immortal

Jun 8 2014, 7:56am

Post #11 of 16 (308 views)
Shortcut
It's hard hitting stuff. [In reply to] Can't Post

I really enjoyed Accused, both seasons. Sean Bean (and Olivia Colman) were phenomenal in their episodes. It's a shame there won't be another series.

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Jun 8 2014, 11:48am

Post #12 of 16 (296 views)
Shortcut
wait....wot? [In reply to] Can't Post

English TV in England is dominated by US stuff???????? Or NZ... or Australia... or Iceland.........

"Judge me by my size, would you?" Max the Hobbit Husky.

The Grey Elf
Grey Havens

Jun 8 2014, 1:49pm

Post #13 of 16 (295 views)
Shortcut
Watched a short vid of LP being prepped as Calpernia in Soldier's Girl [In reply to] Can't Post

What impressed me is that before any make up or wig, I seriously could not recognize him at all without those signature eyebrows. What a difference that one feature makes to his looks! And it must have taken some determined waxing to trim them down so thin for this role, poor guy!

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jun 8 2014, 1:59pm

Post #14 of 16 (289 views)
Shortcut
ooh... [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the info, DanielB. Sounds like something worth checking out. Will have to make time! Smile

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jun 8 2014, 2:07pm

Post #15 of 16 (285 views)
Shortcut
Well, I'm in the neighbouring continent to ANZ. My coordinates... [In reply to] Can't Post

1.3000° N, 103.8000° E aka lil old Singapore. Ex-british colony island state with the defence budget of a superpower, british-influenced education system, but its American TV and music on the english language airwaves. I grew up on Sesame Street, The Muppet Show and Electric Company... oh, and I sure know what are peanut butter jelly sammies Tongue

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jun 8 2014, 2:08pm

Post #16 of 16 (299 views)
Shortcut
I think I know which one you're referring to [In reply to] Can't Post

And yeah, it must have hurt.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.