Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Just pinin' for the fjords. /

Darkstone
Half-elven

Jun 7, 7:24am

Views: 315
Shortcut
Just pinin' for the fjords. / [In reply to] Can't Post

The audacious proposal stirred his heart. And the stirring became a song, and it mingled with the songs of Gil-galad and Celebrian, and with those of Feanor and Fingon. The song-weaving created a larger song, and then another, until suddenly it was as if a long forgotten memory woke and for one breathtaking moment the Music of the Ainur revealed itself in all glory. He opened his lips to sing and share this song. Then he realized that the others would not understand. Not even Mithrandir given his current state of mind. So he smiled and simply said "A diversion.”

Subject User Time
'Thorin Lives' Rumors Are Persisting! Sparkopolis Send a private message to Sparkopolis Jun 5, 8:55pm
    Relax Crunchable Birdses Send a private message to Crunchable Birdses Jun 5, 9:30pm
        Did I miss something? Imladris18 Send a private message to Imladris18 Jun 6, 1:43pm
            Yes, you've missed Red Letter Media's video reviews of the Star Wars prequels. Faenoriel Send a private message to Faenoriel Jun 6, 3:06pm
                I just want to say "hi" to Faenoriel Sparkopolis Send a private message to Sparkopolis Jun 6, 3:11pm
                    Hi there! // Faenoriel Send a private message to Faenoriel Jun 7, 10:41am
        LOL // Lurker in the Mirk Send a private message to Lurker in the Mirk Jun 6, 2:28pm
    It's certainly persistent, but no more true than: DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Jun 5, 9:38pm
        To be fair Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Jun 6, 2:02am
            3rd film. delius82 Send a private message to delius82 Jun 6, 4:34am
    Forget it. Elizabeth Send a private message to Elizabeth Jun 6, 12:12am
    thank you for telling me I'm wrong but.... Avandel Send a private message to Avandel Jun 6, 5:26am
    Yes, Thorin must die ShireHorse Send a private message to ShireHorse Jun 6, 11:15am
        I agree, Thorin must die. Noria Send a private message to Noria Jun 6, 1:37pm
        Death as legend not just punishment. glor Send a private message to glor Jun 6, 4:19pm
            Ummm.... not quite dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Jun 6, 7:13pm
                History is open to interpretation glor Send a private message to glor Jun 7, 2:09pm
                    Yes - the attitudes you're describing developed after the War.... dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Jun 7, 5:47pm
                        1918 Darkstone Send a private message to Darkstone Jun 9, 1:52pm
                            Yes - and of course they complained about the senior staff.... dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Jun 9, 2:43pm
            Lovely posts Shirehorse, Noria, glor, Dormouse...and re Fili and Kili Avandel Send a private message to Avandel Jun 6, 7:39pm
                What's wrong with wanting your favorite character to survive? Queen of Erebor Send a private message to Queen of Erebor Jun 6, 10:32pm
                    I am not a purist. Noria Send a private message to Noria Jun 6, 11:04pm
                        only a movie? Avandel Send a private message to Avandel Jun 7, 12:36am
                            I agree with avendel DaughterofLaketown Send a private message to DaughterofLaketown Jun 7, 1:04am
                    "wanting him to die" Mooseboy018 Send a private message to Mooseboy018 Jun 7, 1:22am
                        Would love this DaughterofLaketown Send a private message to DaughterofLaketown Jun 7, 1:58am
                            everyone lives! Mooseboy018 Send a private message to Mooseboy018 Jun 7, 2:17am
                    While I cry my eyes out every time I read his death scene in the book Faenoriel Send a private message to Faenoriel Jun 7, 10:47am
                The Battle of Maldon, ShireHorse Send a private message to ShireHorse Jun 7, 2:04pm
                    Lovely, lovely post Shirehorse - thank you for sharing that Avandel Send a private message to Avandel Jun 7, 5:25pm
    calm your bombur sacks. elvish.mafia Send a private message to elvish.mafia Jun 6, 12:18pm
    "Thorin Must Die!" Darkstone Send a private message to Darkstone Jun 6, 2:24pm
    Thorin will most surely die. Along with Fili and Kili. LadyEmmaE Send a private message to LadyEmmaE Jun 6, 2:54pm
        lol BlackFox Send a private message to BlackFox Jun 6, 4:09pm
    He's not really dead, you know, Meneldor Send a private message to Meneldor Jun 7, 1:47am
        Just pinin' for the fjords. / Darkstone Send a private message to Darkstone Jun 7, 7:24am
    thorin should die otherwise it is too much of a deviation and the movie would be too separated from the book, which in many ways it already is but why make it worse ElendilTheShort Send a private message to ElendilTheShort Jun 7, 10:38am
        But not all the gold was Thorin's... Eleniel Send a private message to Eleniel Jun 7, 1:12pm
            True - and in the movie that's a lot of gold but ElendiltheShort makes great points IMO Avandel Send a private message to Avandel Jun 7, 3:15pm
            and i said as much and read that part of the hobbit book as if ElendilTheShort Send a private message to ElendilTheShort Jun 7, 7:34pm
                IMO, it’s pretty clear why book Bilbo takes the Arkenstone. Noria Send a private message to Noria Jun 7, 8:57pm
                    funny how all the free people of laketown and the forest ElendilTheShort Send a private message to ElendilTheShort Jun 7, 10:41pm
                        Hope you don't mind but I'm saving your posts Avandel Send a private message to Avandel Jun 9, 8:50pm
                            Azanulbizar Elanor of Rohan Send a private message to Elanor of Rohan Jun 9, 8:57pm
                                Thank you Elanor! Avandel Send a private message to Avandel Jun 9, 10:25pm
                                    break it down in syllables- it's MUCH easier Cirashala Send a private message to Cirashala Jun 11, 1:01am
                            WONDERFUL discussions! Kilidoescartwheels Send a private message to Kilidoescartwheels Jun 9, 10:00pm
                                Petitions and fan influence? Avandel Send a private message to Avandel Jun 9, 11:25pm
                                    honestly Cirashala Send a private message to Cirashala Jun 11, 1:06am
                                It's probably a good job on-line petitions don't matter much glor Send a private message to glor Jun 10, 2:41am
                                    *SHOCK* and why did the petitioners want to oust him? // Lurker in the Mirk Send a private message to Lurker in the Mirk Jun 10, 5:03am
                                        because.. glor Send a private message to glor Jun 10, 9:40pm
                                            Thanks for that, glor Lurker in the Mirk Send a private message to Lurker in the Mirk Jun 11, 1:42pm
                            Now don't we wish... Lurker in the Mirk Send a private message to Lurker in the Mirk Jun 10, 5:05am
                                Lurker and glor - glor's comment OMG! Avandel Send a private message to Avandel Jun 10, 3:17pm
                    That's one of the things that threw me in the book Avandel Send a private message to Avandel Jun 8, 2:17am
        Loved your post Avandel Send a private message to Avandel Jun 7, 3:26pm
            The Wood-elves and the Lake-towners Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Jun 7, 10:28pm
                by elves i simply meant the woodland realm ElendilTheShort Send a private message to ElendilTheShort Jun 7, 10:45pm
                    My post was a reply to Avandel. Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Jun 7, 10:54pm
                        aid in what? ElendilTheShort Send a private message to ElendilTheShort Jun 7, 11:36pm
                            Possibly both. Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Jun 7, 11:41pm
                        And true enough Avandel Send a private message to Avandel Jun 8, 2:34am
                            Wow, I've missed an interesting sub-thread! Lurker in the Mirk Send a private message to Lurker in the Mirk Jun 8, 3:58am
                                Quick responses. Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Jun 8, 2:42pm
                                    Quick responses responses Lurker in the Mirk Send a private message to Lurker in the Mirk Jun 9, 3:06am
                                Hi Lurker! - yes this thread took off so comment to your comment Avandel Send a private message to Avandel Jun 8, 4:22pm
                                    Heheh... well, Avandel... Lurker in the Mirk Send a private message to Lurker in the Mirk Jun 9, 3:23am
                            Thrnanduil in movie and book. Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Jun 8, 2:31pm
                                To Otaku-sempai and what of the Dain entering the fray? Avandel Send a private message to Avandel Jun 8, 3:33pm
                                    It makes a difference that Thorin is in the Mountain. Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Jun 8, 4:01pm
                                        Thank you very much! Avandel Send a private message to Avandel Jun 8, 4:42pm
                                            Yeah, Gandalf's intentions are a bit of a diparture from the book. Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Jun 8, 6:22pm
                                "Never trust a Gnome!" Lurker in the Mirk Send a private message to Lurker in the Mirk Jun 9, 2:59am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.