The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
Screencap of the Day Sign-up for June!

One Ringer
Tol Eressea

Jun 5 2014, 2:53pm

Post #1 of 6 (246 views)
Shortcut
Screencap of the Day Sign-up for June! Can't Post

Screencap of the Day (SCOD) is an ongoing discussion on the LotR Trilogy shot by shot, scene by scene. For the month of June we need FOUR VOLUNTEERS. Each host will make two posts each week (generally on Monday and Wednesday).

The weeks available are as follows:

Week of June 9th-

May 5th -1 Screencap from Part 89
May 7th -1 Screencap from Part 90

Week of June 16th-
May 12th -1 Screencap from Part 91
May 14th -1 Screencap from Part 92

Week of June 23rd-
May 19th -1 Screencap from Part 93
May 21st -1 Screencap from Part 94

Week of June 30th-
May 26th -1 Screencap from Part 95

May 28th -1 Screencap from Part 96

Each person will be assigned a part, seen at the top of the screen or at the left margin. For your days, choose the most evocative screencap in the part; you have 24 to choose from in each part. Copy the link of the cap and post it in your thread or post the image if you're more technically inclined, with the subject labeled "Screencap of the Day."

Magpie has provided an excellent tutorial in image posting on TORn that can be found
here.

Three or four questions should do. Anything is fair game in these. Previously, we've talked about changes from the book, technical aspects of the scene (cinematography, editing, score, lighting, etc), acting, props, or you could talk about a controversial question you remember us discussing at one point. Remember these are just suggestions. Feel free to ask anything you want to know more about.

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me and I will respond as soon as I can.

Happy posting!

"You do not let your eyes see nor your ears hear, and that which is outside your daily life is not of account to you. Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Jun 5 2014, 3:59pm

Post #2 of 6 (141 views)
Shortcut
Some great 'caps to choose from! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll take the week of June 23rd. The eagles should be a fun discussion topic!

Warning: the preceding message may contain satire, sarcasm, irony, puns, and other attempts at humor.
My Costuming Site
TORn's Costume Discussions Archive

BlackFox
Half-elven

Jun 5 2014, 5:39pm

Post #3 of 6 (133 views)
Shortcut
Week of June 9th, please! // [In reply to] Can't Post

“Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” - Henry David Thoreau

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Jun 11 2014, 4:58pm

Post #4 of 6 (108 views)
Shortcut
Only two volunteers this month? [In reply to] Can't Post

Looks like it's a good thing we're almost to the end of the movies. The volunteer pool is drying up again!

Warning: the preceding message may contain satire, sarcasm, irony, puns, and other attempts at humor.
My Costuming Site
TORn's Costume Discussions Archive

Darkstone
Immortal

Jun 11 2014, 5:05pm

Post #5 of 6 (110 views)
Shortcut
I'll do the 16th. / [In reply to] Can't Post

The audacious proposal stirred his heart. And the stirring became a song, and it mingled with the songs of Gil-galad and Celebrian, and with those of Feanor and Fingon. The song-weaving created a larger song, and then another, until suddenly it was as if a long forgotten memory woke and for one breathtaking moment the Music of the Ainur revealed itself in all glory. He opened his lips to sing and share this song. Then he realized that the others would not understand. Not even Mithrandir given his current state of mind. So he smiled and simply said "A diversion.”

Loresilme
Valinor

Jun 12 2014, 1:34pm

Post #6 of 6 (158 views)
Shortcut
I'll take the week of the 30th! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.