The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Another Silmarillion quiz

DaughterofLaketown
Gondor

Jun 4 2014, 5:06pm

Post #1 of 14 (474 views)
Shortcut
Another Silmarillion quiz Can't Post

So this quiz seems more accurate to me in terms of questions. It also seems more accurate because they gave me a female character instead of male. So maybe give this one a spin?

http://quizfarm.com/quizzes/new/Gothmog8/which-silmarillion-character-are-you-v2/index.php#

Ruxendil_Thoorg
Tol Eressea

Jun 4 2014, 5:37pm

Post #2 of 14 (348 views)
Shortcut
Fingolfin [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks DaughterOfLaketown, much appreciated!

I had the same experience a you: the quiz from the thread before gave me a character that did not match my gender.

But I don't think this one asked any gender-revealing questions, did it? Curious what made this one more gender accurate than the other. Anyway, great find, thanks again!

Things overheard during games of chess in Middle-earth:

Galadriel (any and every time she advances her pawn to the last row): "In its place you would have a QUEEN!!!!" (thunder booms)

http://newboards.theonering.net/...forum_view_expanded;

dormouse
Half-elven

Jun 4 2014, 6:16pm

Post #3 of 14 (337 views)
Shortcut
Now that's weird.... [In reply to] Can't Post

I came out as Luthien on that one as well - but only after a tie-break question. If I'd chosen the other answer I would have been Turin....

Alassëa Eruvande
Valinor

Jun 4 2014, 6:32pm

Post #4 of 14 (338 views)
Shortcut
LOL, 81% Fingolfin, 6% Glaurung the Dragon [In reply to] Can't Post

Awesome!
With equal amounts of Morgoth and Orc thrown in, as well as equal amounts of Turin and Feanor. Plus Luthien. Cool

I am SMAUG! I kill when I wish! I am strong, strong, STRONG!
My armor is like tenfold shields! My teeth like swords! My claws, spears!
The shock of my tail, a thunderbolt! My wings, a hurricane! And my breath, death!

CuriousG
Half-elven

Jun 4 2014, 7:03pm

Post #5 of 14 (334 views)
Shortcut
I just don't test well [In reply to] Can't Post

Though I don't see how a person can have both Luthienesque and Turinesque traits. Those two simply don't have much in common.

You Scored as Glaurung the Dragon
You are most like Glaurung, the dragon. You are a mighty being, but you are not in complete control. You prefer to outthink people, rather than bully your way. Many people admire your skills and your abilities.

Glaurung the Dragon
88%
Turin, the Man
75%
Luthien, the Elf Maiden
75%
Dwarf of Nogrod
63%
Feanor, the High Elf
63%
Fingolfin, the High Elf
63%
Morgoth, The Black Enemy
56%
Orc or Troll
44%

Maciliel
Valinor

Jun 4 2014, 7:05pm

Post #6 of 14 (335 views)
Shortcut
pffffft!!! lol! [In reply to] Can't Post

you are both feanor +and+ glaurung? goodness. that's the last time i report you to the mods for anything.

cheers --

aka. fili orc-enshield
+++++++++++++++++++
the scene, as i understand it, is exceptionally well-written. fili (in sort of a callback to the scene with the eagles), calls out "thorRIIIIIIN!!!" just as he sees the pale orc veer in for the kill. he picks up the severed arm of an orc which is lying on the ground, swings it up in desperation, effectively blocking the pale orc's blow. and thus, forever after, fili is known as "fili orc-enshield."

this earns him deep respect from his hard-to-please uncle. as well as a hug. kili wipes his boots on the pale orc's glory box. -- maciliel telpemairo

CuriousG
Half-elven

Jun 4 2014, 7:12pm

Post #7 of 14 (329 views)
Shortcut
Excuse me, you missed a key phrase [In reply to] Can't Post

"Many people admire your skills and your abilities."

You're supposed to admire me. The mods should too.

And if you don't smart admiring me, I let loose with my belly full o' fire, baby, and I burn this corner of the internet back down to binary code.

[Something about control issues...]

Maciliel
Valinor

Jun 4 2014, 7:22pm

Post #8 of 14 (320 views)
Shortcut
whassamatta cg? [In reply to] Can't Post

what's the matter, cg... someone steal a little, gold cup of yours?

well... i admire your ability and good sense in admiring +me+. does that count?

cheers : )

aka. fili orc-enshield
+++++++++++++++++++
the scene, as i understand it, is exceptionally well-written. fili (in sort of a callback to the scene with the eagles), calls out "thorRIIIIIIN!!!" just as he sees the pale orc veer in for the kill. he picks up the severed arm of an orc which is lying on the ground, swings it up in desperation, effectively blocking the pale orc's blow. and thus, forever after, fili is known as "fili orc-enshield."

this earns him deep respect from his hard-to-please uncle. as well as a hug. kili wipes his boots on the pale orc's glory box. -- maciliel telpemairo

cats16
Half-elven

Jun 4 2014, 7:55pm

Post #9 of 14 (314 views)
Shortcut
Luthien this time! [In reply to] Can't Post

Beren on the first one, and Luthien now. Well, at least I'm consistent. Cool We'll see how Maciliel's treats me.

(This post was edited by cats16 on Jun 4 2014, 7:55pm)

BlackFox
Half-elven

Jun 4 2014, 8:47pm

Post #10 of 14 (316 views)
Shortcut
Luthien [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, now I'm thoroughly confused. CrazyLaugh

“Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” - Henry David Thoreau

Escapist
Gondor

Jun 4 2014, 8:59pm

Post #11 of 14 (318 views)
Shortcut
tie [In reply to] Can't Post

Turin, Fingolfin 81% each - tiebreaker goes to Turin
next is Feanor at 63%

Turin: I think there is a curse trying to catch me ... shhhh ... maybe it doesn't see me here 0.o
It soundly marks me, not those around me - but it tends to miss now and then -> I should say hit and miss.

Fingolfin: I would be that brave stupid to take on the likes of Melkor 1 on 1
I would be more likely to make a stand and bide for time, hold my own, and then make a run for it than to go down fighting although if I were to know I was going to go down with certainty, I would go down fighting and take as much with me as possible.

Feanor: I like to make stuff and I tend to hoard and protect it - and other people sometimes want to too
but I tend more toward being cryptic and paranoid a lot more
and a little less the fury volcano at least outwardly - all the fury gets turned inward on myself, actually

If all the world's a stage then who's writing the script?

(This post was edited by Escapist on Jun 4 2014, 9:12pm)

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Jun 5 2014, 4:41am

Post #12 of 14 (301 views)
Shortcut
I got Luthien again. // [In reply to] Can't Post

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
"A Chance Meeting at Rivendell" and other stories

leleni at hotmail dot com

nandorin elf
Bree

Jun 5 2014, 6:31pm

Post #13 of 14 (282 views)
Shortcut
Luthien [In reply to] Can't Post

Yay, I'm most like Luthien 88%.

However, next in line at 69%---Orc or Troll. Shocked Um...hmm... I'm a nice orc! Really, I promise!

I'm just a little puzzled how I can be like Luthien and simultaneously like an orc. Does that mean I'm an magical orc princess maybe? Wink Thanks for the laugh, daughterof laketown

Na Vedui
Rohan

Jun 5 2014, 6:55pm

Post #14 of 14 (295 views)
Shortcut
Turin [In reply to] Can't Post

so the gender thing missed its aim that time.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.