The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
** ~ Movie Trivial Pursuit ~ ** NEW GAME : Feb 10

Magpie
Immortal

Feb 10 2008, 5:28pm

Post #1 of 15 (4682 views)
Shortcut
** ~ Movie Trivial Pursuit ~ ** NEW GAME : Feb 10 Can't Post

1. What food is the innkeeper carrying when Frodo asks him about Strider?
2. What is the large bowl (barrel) full of in Pippin's dream at Treebeard's home? magpie notes: the card says 'bowl' but the dialog uses the word 'barrel'
3. At the door to Shelob's Cave, Gollum tells Frodo he must "go in or..." do what?
4. Who is the only member of the Fellowship that doesn't carry a sword or knife?
5. Which Middle-earth location has a musical score of drums and chanting by a Maori men's choir : Moria, Isengard, Black Gate?
6. What 26-foot-tall creature towered over Wellington's Embassy Theatre at The Fellowship of the Ring opening?

Ainu Laire
Tol Eressea

Feb 10 2008, 8:31pm

Post #2 of 15 (4226 views)
Shortcut
hummity hum hum [In reply to] Can't Post

So many details...

1. Bread and cheese?
2. Pipeweed! ^^
3. Or go back.
4. Gimli
5. Moria! ^^ I love "Bridge of Khazad-dum"
6. I thought it was the Ring during FOTR, the Fell Beast was during TTT, and Gollum during ROTK... ehhh. Fell Beast then?

My LJ
My art site
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Elberbeth
Tol Eressea

Feb 10 2008, 9:48pm

Post #3 of 15 (4218 views)
Shortcut
Good one! [In reply to] Can't Post

I think it's a loaf of bread (and cheese?)

2. What is the large bowl (barrel) full of in Pippin's dream at Treebeard's home? magpie notes: the card says 'bowl' but the dialog uses the word 'barrel'
Pipeweed!

3. At the door to Shelob's Cave, Gollum tells Frodo he must "go in or..." do what?
Go back. I love the way Andy delivers this line.

4. Who is the only member of the Fellowship that doesn't carry a sword or knife?
Hmm. They were all armed. Perhaps Gimli doesn't bother with lesser blades than his axes.

5. Which Middle-earth location has a musical score of drums and chanting by a Maori men's choir : Moria, Isengard, Black Gate?
Moria. Love it.

6. What 26-foot-tall creature towered over Wellington's Embassy Theatre at The Fellowship of the Ring opening?
The Cave Troll. Wish I could have been there.

Thanks, Magpie!

"There are some things that it is better to begin than to refuse, even though the end may be dark."

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Feb 10 2008, 9:57pm

Post #4 of 15 (4221 views)
Shortcut
I'll play! [In reply to] Can't Post

bread -- and now I'm hungry Crazy

Old Toby

or go back -- Andy is perfectly creepy with this line

Gimli (unless Bill the Pony is a member of the Fellowship)

Moria! -- now I'm hungry and chanting the Moria bridge music. I blame you for this, Magpie Wink

Cave Troll! -- I want one in my front yard for Halloween!

My LiveJournal
My Costuming Site
February's Screencap of the Day Schedule

One Ringer
Tol Eressea

Feb 11 2008, 1:19am

Post #5 of 15 (4218 views)
Shortcut
Answers [In reply to] Can't Post

1.) I just saw it last night too! It was some form of flapjacks, right? I don't know.
2.) Pipeweed
3.) " . . . go back".
4.) Gimli
5.) Moria
6.) The Cavetroll

Good week! Smile

"Death is just another pathway . . . one which we all must take."

-Gandalf from "The Return of the King"

Starling
Half-elven

Feb 11 2008, 6:42am

Post #6 of 15 (4209 views)
Shortcut
Here goes [In reply to] Can't Post

1: Bread?

2: Pipeweed

3: "...go back"

4: I think it's Legolas

5: Moria. May I also put in a plug for the Pacific Island boys who were a big part of this choir.

6: Gollum

Owlyross
Rohan

Feb 11 2008, 12:34pm

Post #7 of 15 (4211 views)
Shortcut
Answers [In reply to] Can't Post

Chicken legs

2. What is the large bowl (barrel) full of in Pippin's dream at Treebeard's home?
Frosties… And they were greeeat!

Don’t go in… He wasn’t really very helpful

Gimli… Axes are more butch.

The Haka, just before the Black Gate

Lawrence Makaore

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
Benjamin Franklin
The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.
Horace Walpole (1717 - 1797)

weaver
Half-elven

Feb 11 2008, 6:40pm

Post #8 of 15 (4213 views)
Shortcut
Well, I'm back... [In reply to] Can't Post

A week off unfortunately didn't improve the Trivia cells in my brain, but here goes...

Bread and mugs of something

2. What is the large bowl (barrel) full of in Pippin's dream at Treebeard's home?
Longbottom leaf...?

Go back
Gimli -- he's an axman
Moria
Cave troll?

Weaver

Menelwyn
Rohan

Feb 11 2008, 10:40pm

Post #9 of 15 (4205 views)
Shortcut
here goes [In reply to] Can't Post

1. What food is the innkeeper carrying when Frodo asks him about Strider? bread and cheese
2. What is the large bowl (barrel) full of in Pippin's dream at Treebeard's home? magpie notes: the card says 'bowl' but the dialog uses the word 'barrel' Pipeweed. And Merry and Pippin smoked it all. Then Merry was sick.
3. At the door to Shelob's Cave, Gollum tells Frodo he must "go in or..." do what? go back
4. Who is the only member of the Fellowship that doesn't carry a sword or knife? Gimli
5. Which Middle-earth location has a musical score of drums and chanting by a Maori men's choir : Moria, Isengard, Black Gate? Moria
6. What 26-foot-tall creature towered over Wellington's Embassy Theatre at The Fellowship of the Ring opening? They had a cave troll!

Loresilme
Valinor

Feb 11 2008, 10:58pm

Post #10 of 15 (4204 views)
Shortcut
I'm ready ready ready ready [In reply to] Can't Post

Well I don't know about the food, but I know the 'drink' must have been ale because it didn't seem like anyone drank anything other than ale, except water, and you know no one in that bar would dare order "Just water, please!".

It was pipeweed ... like they found at Isengard :-).

.... re-live 7th grade.

I seem to recall that at Edoras all Gimli handed over was his axe. So I'll go with Gimli.

Moria.

King Kong Tongue.

Good ones Magpie!

Tyler
Lorien

Feb 12 2008, 8:02am

Post #11 of 15 (4238 views)
Shortcut
Not so sure on #3 [In reply to] Can't Post

Q1. What food is the innkeeper carrying when Frodo asks him about Strider?

A1 Bread and cheese.

Q2. What is the large bowl (barrel) full of in Pippin's dream at Treebeard's home?

A2 pipeweed.

Q3. At the door to Shelob's Cave, Gollum tells Frodo he must "go in or...?

A3 Get an ride from aragorn.

Q4. Who is the only member of the Fellowship that doesn't carry a sword or knife?

A4 gimli.

Q5. Which Middle-earth location has a musical score of drums and chanting by a Maori men's choir : Moria, Isengard, Black Gate?

A5 Moria seems right.

Q6. What 26-foot-tall creature towered over Wellington's Embassy Theatre at The Fellowship of the Ring opening?

A6 cave troll

And very well done magpie!Cool

-looking for something cool-

(This post was edited by Tyler on Feb 12 2008, 8:04am)

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Feb 13 2008, 2:13am

Post #12 of 15 (4233 views)
Shortcut
Once more... [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll give these a try - it's been hard keeping up with things here in Movie, there's so much going on (and that is wonderful indeed!):

A plate full of...full of...um, hors d'oeuvres? I'll say bread and cheese.

Butter rum ice cream! No? Pipe-weed, maybe?

Go back.

Gimli. He carries an axe.

Moria!

Gollum. That was a fantastic display.

Thanks, Magpie, and that's a most "descriptive" avatar!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"
-Geoffrey B. Smith, letter to JRR Tolkien, 1915

Alassëa Eruvande
Valinor

Feb 13 2008, 3:09pm

Post #13 of 15 (4193 views)
Shortcut
Me next! [In reply to] Can't Post

Bread

Pipeweed

Go back.

Gimli

Moria

Gollum

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And suddenly the Ainur saw afar off a light, as it were a cloud with a living heart of flame.

hasufel
Rivendell

Feb 13 2008, 3:54pm

Post #14 of 15 (4185 views)
Shortcut
Here we go! [In reply to] Can't Post

1. Bread (ale as well but is ale a food?)

2. pipeweed and Merry got sick (hee hee) I love Merry's look after that comment

3. go back

4. Tricky! Gimli does not carry a sword or knife, but does carry an axe. Bill the Pony doesn't carry any weapons!

5. Moria

6. I guess Gollum

Kallasilya
The Shire

Feb 13 2008, 6:38pm

Post #15 of 15 (4557 views)
Shortcut
Hey everyone! [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't think I've posted on Movie Trivial Pursuit before, so forgive me if it's way out Tongue

A bowl of something...potatoes I'm guessing, as people in the shire appear to love potatoes so much.

Pipeweed....'and we smoked it all, and then, you were sick.'
Love that line from Pip.

Go back

Gimli

Moria...and it's so scary!

erm......Balrog ???

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.