Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
a thing I liked in the movie that isnīt in the book Aragorn/Arwen/Eowyn

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

May 28 2014, 12:55pm

Post #1 of 6 (521 views)
Shortcut
a thing I liked in the movie that isnīt in the book Aragorn/Arwen/Eowyn Can't Post

Showing Aragornīs doubts when he meets Eowyn and he doesnt know what is going on with Arwen, I dont know why but I like the more human side of this situation that as far as I can recall now it isnīt developed in the books that way

The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true!

DaughterofLaketown
Gondor

May 28 2014, 1:59pm

Post #2 of 6 (353 views)
Shortcut
I think because in the book Tolkien briefly considered Aragorn marrying Eowyn [In reply to] Can't Post

But then he changed his mind. Maybe this stems from his ideas when he was still toying with this idea.

Laineth
Lorien

May 29 2014, 6:42am

Post #3 of 6 (323 views)
Shortcut
My Thoughts [In reply to] Can't Post

Text removed at the request of the board member - Ataahua.

(This post was edited by Ataahua on Jan 23 2015, 6:44pm)

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

May 29 2014, 7:23am

Post #4 of 6 (311 views)
Shortcut
Well Ii uess my sensation about this cames from.... [In reply to] Can't Post

The scene right before he has this rememberance about he and Arwen and after that Eowyn question him about the woman that gave him thet jewel. I dont know why but I always took it like if Aragorn is to be alone well why not having a consideration to Eowyn, a mortal being like him, brave and strong like him. And when he goes to fight the wargs, this gaze he gives to her, I always took it that way...

The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true!

Laineth
Lorien

May 29 2014, 5:02pm

Post #5 of 6 (294 views)
Shortcut
I understand. [In reply to] Can't Post

He is sad and thoughtful after hearing about her past., and Theoden will later give his support to the pairing. To a normal man it would be a great match - but Aragorn isn't normal. He's an elven raised Dúnedain.

With the warg attack, he looks back, but we don't get a close up of his face like we do Eowyn's. If he was supposed to be looking at her, instead of just looking back at the people, we should get a close up.

One of my favorite scenes between them is the soup scene, even though the soup is out-of-character for Eowyn. It shows how young she really is compared to Aragorn, and her awe over him.

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Jun 8 2014, 4:44pm

Post #6 of 6 (252 views)
Shortcut
I think Eowyn's a great character, [In reply to] Can't Post

and i too really like the way the filmmakers developed the Aragorn/Arwen relationship. But i don't care for the Aragorn/Eowyn whatever it is. It's not terrible or anything, It just doesn't work dramatically. I never once believe that Aragorn is in any way considering her seriously, and it just makes her look kind of silly for no real reason other than as an awkward plot mechanic. Miranda Otto does make the most of it though, and i do enjoy Viggo's reaction to her "stew".

Eowyn comes off much better, and is given much more to do, in the third film.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.