The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: The Arena:
Thranduil vs Azog

boldog
Rohan

May 28 2014, 10:48am

Post #1 of 4 (3641 views)
Shortcut
Thranduil vs Azog Can't Post

This could be an interesting duel. The king of the elves, vs the king of the orcs.
This is done in retaliation to their own sons fighting eachother and neither winning.
The battle of the dads. Who will win? Thranduil has the skill, and speed ,and Azog has the endurance and Brute force. I go for a draw on this,

I believe that Azog and Bolg are possibly the only two orcs who may be an exception to the typical evil nature of an orc. Azog had brought up his son, well enough that he actually acknowledges him as his own son. That is a first for any orc. And Bolg sets out to march upon Erebor in vengeance of his fathers death. How many orcs will Try and avenge another dead orc? Most will just forget about the dead one. This gives me hope that Orcs, have some traits of good in them, even if it is small aspects.

(This post was edited by boldog on May 28 2014, 10:49am)

NateGate
Rivendell

May 28 2014, 5:14pm

Post #2 of 4 (3035 views)
Shortcut
Thanduil.... [In reply to] Can't Post

Frees his wretched head from his miserable shoulders!

Vepariga
The Shire

Jun 21 2014, 4:22pm

Post #3 of 4 (3221 views)
Shortcut
well speaking movie versions here... [In reply to] Can't Post

Thranduil has faced the great serpents of the north and lived, I think he could take on the brutish Azog.

He is alot more experianced and skilled then Legolas,and Legolas went toe to toe with Bolg and came away pretty well.

Thranduil will aim for percision and effectivness,nothing flashy or unnecessary. Azog is king of the over-swing.

- Vep - Guardsman of the woodland realm of Mirkwood -

KingTurgon
Rohan

Dec 4 2014, 2:48am

Post #4 of 4 (2826 views)
Shortcut
Thranduil [In reply to] Can't Post

And easily IMO, Thranduil would be too fast if Legolas's feats are anything to judge by, plus he fought the Great Serpents of the North.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.