The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
I considered posting this under fan art

Escapist
Gondor

May 27 2014, 1:01pm

Post #1 of 1 (114 views)
Shortcut
I considered posting this under fan art Can't Post

but it really doesn't fit there, in my opinion.

I think I finished my first editing pass-through (and the most important part of editing goes well beyond spell check). What I have is a big project where I rendered various threads of a complex story that I live out in waking dreams into digestible bits.

I picked Prezi because it was the best way to present the complex interconnected threads. Concept art used is kind of rudimentary right now and rendered in paint or borrowed. I don't have all of my work here, just a structure and some main ideas. I have a lot more of the characters and locations and other details as well as samples of writing but that is all overwhelming, I think, for a person new to all of it. It is also in a state of having had editing decisions made about it that I haven't had the time to carry out yet. Alot of it is also located in scattered and separate pieces of paper of all kinds spread through various notebooks and loose sheets all around my house.

My plan for this is to get a creative commons copyright on it that allows for people to make money off of it if they want (and if they can LOL) and make derivative works freely (both with citation) - but this is the important part: I still have the rights for continuing to build into this project throughout my life.
I had considered doing something posthumous and keeping all of it secret until that point. But I like the creative commons path better.

http://prezi.com/xqkgkdxxckd3/?utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=copy

If you can't see it - you may need to make a free Prezi account ... maybe ...

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.