The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
The Hobbit SCOD, anyone?

BlackFox
Half-elven

May 25 2014, 5:52pm

Post #1 of 6 (181 views)
Shortcut
The Hobbit SCOD, anyone? Can't Post

Hi, guys! So, we have the Screencap of the Day (SCOD) on the LOTR movie board and the Chapter of the Week (CHOW) on The Hobbit movie board. What about The Hobbit SCOD? Would anyone besides me be interested in kicking it off? Smile

"Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake." - Henry David Thoreau

DanielLB
Immortal

May 25 2014, 7:53pm

Post #2 of 6 (146 views)
Shortcut
Some thoughts ... [In reply to] Can't Post

CHOW was never intended to replace SCOD. Both SCOD and CHOW are different types of discussion that are really unique and enjoyable. Saying that, what would participation for two regular discussions be like? We're entering the second half of the year, and the board will only get busier and busier. The number of replies per CHOW thread can fluctuate greatly, and it tends to get less attention with more movie news.

You might want sign-up threads for CHOW and SCOD at different times of the month.

For continuities sake, I'd really recommend staying with Reera's screencap library. In fact, the LOTR SCOD format works so well, you might think about doing exactly the same.

There's no doubt that it will be fun on the board.

(This post was edited by DanielLB on May 25 2014, 7:56pm)

Magpie
Immortal

May 25 2014, 7:59pm

Post #3 of 6 (138 views)
Shortcut
one of the most frustrating things for me... [In reply to] Can't Post

...back when the Hobbit and LOTR movies were both discussed on the same board, was that our scheduled discussions like LOTR SCOD got pushed to page two way too quickly by all the Hobbit threads which came at a much higher frequency than we (or I) was used to.

I don't hang at the Hobbit board and wouldn't participate so it's not a matter to me one way or the other.

But it's something to think about. You might try timing how long threads stay on page one. And like Daniel said, that time will shorten as news of the third movie comes out.

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

(This post was edited by Magpie on May 25 2014, 8:00pm)

Alassëa Eruvande
Valinor

May 25 2014, 10:41pm

Post #4 of 6 (134 views)
Shortcut
I believe this was discussed before [In reply to] Can't Post

and the general consensus was to wait until after the third movie was out for a while. Things would settle down somewhat after that to allow for posts' remaining on the first page longer.
I personally think at least twelve months after the third release would be good. Then perhaps people could get some of their love or loathing in check. Or not. Smile

I am SMAUG! I kill when I wish! I am strong, strong, STRONG!
My armor is like tenfold shields! My teeth like swords! My claws, spears!
The shock of my tail, a thunderbolt! My wings, a hurricane! And my breath, death!

SirDennisC
Half-elven

May 26 2014, 3:46am

Post #5 of 6 (126 views)
Shortcut
Good thinking Alassëa -- [In reply to] Can't Post

best to save it for the dry years ahead.

BlackFox
Half-elven

May 26 2014, 3:30pm

Post #6 of 6 (119 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for the feedback! [In reply to] Can't Post

I agree, it does seem wisest to wait. Darn impatience! Laugh

"Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake." - Henry David Thoreau

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.