The Thranduil Appreciation Thread Part V
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next page Last page  View All

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jun 20 2014, 2:55pm

Post #226 of 234 (10432 views)
Shortcut
     Iceland: Road plans disrupted by Elves [In reply to]  

Hee.. came across this piece of real news in the Off-topic thread by Na Vedui. Interesting read. Tolkien Elves' source of inspiration indeed. Heart

(furtively hits Post Reply and tempts fate with threadlock again)

Fan of both books and movies. Oh, and it seems I have severely misnamed myself... for the moment.

Appreciating Thranduil, thread by thread: I, II, III, IV, V

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBofTA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk: lurkerinthemirk.wordpress.com

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Jun 20 2014, 2:59pm)

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Jun 20 2014, 3:33pm

Post #227 of 234 (10428 views)
Shortcut
     Keeping my nic too [In reply to]  

Here I am: http://eruvandi-elf-fancier.tumblr.com/ Do you know how hard it is to find a pic with both Thranduil and adult Legolas in it that is both pretty, fits the tumblr header space without cutting half the pic off, and isn't creepy? It's proving more difficult than I would have thought.Crazy
ETA: I found one! Ha ha!LaughLaugh

Aaanyway...I'm with Lurker that whatever we decide here is fine as far as teams go. I'm not picky. It seems like we all like Doriath even if the quiz didn't sort us all as Doriath so, maybe that would be the team to go with if we decide that we want to be on the same team. But, like I said, totally not picky, so long as there are elves.HeartSmile

"Love woke me up this morning
With a memory
Love came and whispered a story
That awakened a dream,

I am a dreamer, take me higher
Open the sky up, start a fire
I believe even if it's just a dream"
~"Dreamer" by Bethany Dillon

(This post was edited by Eruvandi on Jun 20 2014, 3:34pm)

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jun 20 2014, 3:40pm

Post #228 of 234 (10410 views)
Shortcut
     Followed! =) [In reply to]  

Good tagline too!

Do you know how hard it is to find a pic with both Thranduil and adult Legolas in it that is both pretty, fits the tumblr header space without cutting half the pic off, and isn't creepy? It's proving more difficult than I would have thought.Crazy

LOL tell me about it CrazyUnsure

ETA: I found one! Ha ha!LaughLaugh

Good job! Let's see what the others say - looks like vanima may be joining in too.

Fan of both books and movies. Oh, and it seems I have severely misnamed myself... for the moment.

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBofTA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk: lurkerinthemirk.wordpress.com

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Jun 20 2014, 3:52pm

Post #229 of 234 (10407 views)
Shortcut
     Followed you back! :D // [In reply to]  

"Love woke me up this morning
With a memory
Love came and whispered a story
That awakened a dream,

I am a dreamer, take me higher
Open the sky up, start a fire
I believe even if it's just a dream"
~"Dreamer" by Bethany Dillon

Kerewyn
Rohan

Jun 21 2014, 7:07am

Post #230 of 234 (10418 views)
Shortcut
     Those stained glass style images [In reply to]  

...are quite stunning! I clicked and admired them all, and thought about how fantastic it would be to have them poster-sized on my wall - or indeed, my windows. I love the dwarves one too - in fact all of them.

I confess *cough* I also LOL'd the flashing black & white gif at the bottom of the page. Evil Wink

The beaded Thranduil. That is some serious devotion!!

Hm... Laugh maybe I truly am a Gondolian! I suspect you might be right, Lurker. I'll find out, I guess. I suspect Doriath may be quite popular with peeps signing up, so maybe we should jump in quite soon. I hope I can get a Tumblr account sorted in the next hour but if my bf arrives to take me to Chinatown for dumplings as planned (where's the hungry icon?), it'll have to be tomorrow.

'People don't know where I begin and latex ends, which has always been an ambition for me.' (Martin Freeman)

Kerewyn
Rohan

Jun 21 2014, 7:54am

Post #231 of 234 (10411 views)
Shortcut
     OK that was ridiculously easy [In reply to]  

And 'Kerewyn' was taken, believe it or not.

So my address is http://kerewynisms.tumblr.com/ - you'll see I've already followed you both.

I have done very little with the appearance so far. Must put more thought into that. But it's quite likely I'm going to use it just for "following", as my page declares. (something that is at odds with the pic I've put up...)

We is still rolling on this thread!

'People don't know where I begin and latex ends, which has always been an ambition for me.' (Martin Freeman)

(This post was edited by Kerewyn on Jun 21 2014, 7:55am)

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jun 21 2014, 10:51am

Post #232 of 234 (10379 views)
Shortcut
     Still rolling!? Woohoo... uncharted territory for appreciation [In reply to]  

Threadlock usually happens much earlier than this for us, doesn't it? We have not gotten past page 9 before. Wonder if we'll be able to get to page 11? Cool

Re stained glass art: did you see this Gondolin piece on the artist's devantart page?

... and I did notice that black & white gif Laugh Just snerk. That look of his is so totally made for that line, and no one can look more beautiful thinking it.

Going to try following you when I get on my laptop, can't find you on the tumblr app on my phone Crazy

=======
Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Jun 21 2014, 11:01am)

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jun 21 2014, 12:13pm

Post #233 of 234 (10378 views)
Shortcut
     Figured out the app & followed you and vanima [In reply to]  

Finally! What a duh moment Tongue

Going to figure out the team sign off now.

PS nice header pic there, Kerewyn!

=======
Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 21 2014, 1:25pm

Post #234 of 234 (10396 views)
Shortcut
     Not Rolling - Thread Locked! [In reply to]  

Wink

Yikes, I should've checked this yesterday! Laugh

Okay, Thralls, time to start #VI. (Lurker, you might want to re-post your last couple of items to start it off. Smile)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.