Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
Any chance of updating the forum site navigation?

Kim
Valinor

May 23 2014, 6:37pm

Post #1 of 9 (269 views)
Shortcut
Any chance of updating the forum site navigation? Can't Post

I was wondering if the Forum Nav section in the top left corner of the page could be expanded to include the rest of the boards - Off Topic, Pollantir, Moots and Feedback. It would be handy to have a one click option for these as well. Not sure if there's an issue of space/formatting, but just thought I'd ask. I didn't see that this topic had been discussed before, but apologies if it's a duplication. Thanks!

"Jagatud rõõm on topelt rõõm - a shared joy is a double joy". ~Estonian saying

“As such, you will address His Majesty as His Majesty, the Lord of Silver Fountains, the King of Carven Stone, the King Beneath the Mountain, the Lion of Erebor, the High King of the Dwarves, the True Treasure of Erebor, the Face that Launched 10,000 Sighs, or Thorin the Majestic..."

http://newboards.theonering.net/...forum_view_collapsed

Ardamírë
Valinor

May 23 2014, 8:13pm

Post #2 of 9 (182 views)
Shortcut
Woah! [In reply to] Can't Post

I've never even noticed that! Pretty snazzy!

PS - I have nothing else to add Blush

"But until the end of Beleriand women of Brethil would come with flowers in spring and berries in autumn and sing there a while of the Grey Lady who sought in vain for her son." -The Wanderings of Hurin

Starling
Half-elven

May 23 2014, 8:29pm

Post #3 of 9 (175 views)
Shortcut
Erm [In reply to] Can't Post

I've never noticed that either. Laugh

Ethel Duath
Half-elven

May 23 2014, 9:23pm

Post #4 of 9 (164 views)
Shortcut
Yes. Oddly, I've been [In reply to] Can't Post

thinking about that quite a bit myself lately.

Thanks for bringing it up!

Magpie
Immortal

May 23 2014, 10:18pm

Post #5 of 9 (163 views)
Shortcut
I did ask about this fairly recently [In reply to] Can't Post

http://newboards.theonering.net/...i?post=601438#601438

There's a limit on how many links they can add there and they're really meant as an enticement to home page visitors to come to the message board. So they prioritized which links to add.

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

May 23 2014, 10:31pm

Post #6 of 9 (157 views)
Shortcut
In addition... [In reply to] Can't Post

there are other ways to navigate between boards.

1. The "Main Index" ring takes you to the index view of all forums, and as a plus if you're logged in it will show you how many new posts there are in each.

2. The "Jump to" menu at the bottom of each forum page allows you to jump to any board.

3. The section/forum links right under the rings at the top will take you to different levels of the forum. The One Ring Forums link takes you to the Main Index. Next is the forum section link, which will take you to the index for the section you're in (for instance, Tolkien Topics or Off Topic) and the last one in line is the forum you're in. Clicking that will take you to a refreshed forum view.

So there are a number of ways to jump from board to board but not all of them are obvious at first glance.

Silverlode

"Dark is the water of Kheled-zâram, and cold are the springs of Kibil-nâla, and fair were the many-pillared halls of Khazad-dûm in Elder Days before the fall of mighty kings beneath the stone."

Kim
Valinor

May 23 2014, 10:32pm

Post #7 of 9 (152 views)
Shortcut
Ah, OK, thanks [In reply to] Can't Post

I can understand if space is limited, although it would shave valuable seconds of navigation time for me Tongue. The other options work fast enough on my laptops and phone (unlike your iPod from the sounds of it).

"Jagatud rõõm on topelt rõõm - a shared joy is a double joy". ~Estonian saying

“As such, you will address His Majesty as His Majesty, the Lord of Silver Fountains, the King of Carven Stone, the King Beneath the Mountain, the Lion of Erebor, the High King of the Dwarves, the True Treasure of Erebor, the Face that Launched 10,000 Sighs, or Thorin the Majestic..."

http://newboards.theonering.net/...forum_view_collapsed

DanielLB
Immortal

May 24 2014, 6:13am

Post #8 of 9 (153 views)
Shortcut
It's all getting a bit too much for me ... [In reply to] Can't Post

I went to bed last night after I read this, and ended up dreaming about it.

We were all very excited when "The Hobbit" button appeared at the top.

Unimpressed

Ethel Duath
Half-elven

May 24 2014, 2:52pm

Post #9 of 9 (160 views)
Shortcut
Time for a trip to Tolkienia [In reply to] Can't Post

so you can dream about the lack of weather.
Evil

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.