Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Reading Room:
Chapter Leaders for The Children of Hurin discussions, from May 25th. *WE NEED ONE MORE LEADER*

Brethil
Half-elven

May 22 2014, 4:29pm

Post #1 of 6 (340 views)
Shortcut
Chapter Leaders for The Children of Hurin discussions, from May 25th. *WE NEED ONE MORE LEADER* Can't Post

Greetings, all!
Here are the chapter leaders and dates for the next set of Children of Hurin discussions:

5/25: 'Of Mim the Dwarf', and 'The Land of Bow and Helm' : Brethil

6/1: 'The Death of Beleg', and 'Turin in Nargothrond' : Maciliel

6/8: 'The Fall of Nargothrond' : Mikah

6/15: 'The Return of Turin to Dor-Lomin', and 'The Coming of Turin into Brethil' : *OPEN*

We still have June 15th as leaderless. If anyone is interested you can respond here or PM me.

A very important note: to quote our own Maciliel, I want to stress that anyone who has read the book and has an opinion to discuss is welcome to lead a chapter. 'Perfection' is NOT a requisite for leading a chapter here in the RR, or for participating in discussions, and I would like to re-stress that point as being by far the least 'perfect' among you.

In short: new voices are always welcomed, as well as the skills our many gifted veteran leaders. The best and most worthy discussions are a mix of thoughts, perspectives and experience.

Thanks all!
Cool

The next TORn Amateur Symposium is a special edition: the Jubilee TAS to celebrate 60 years of FOTR! If you have an LOTR idea you would like to write about, we'd love to see your writing featured there!

(This post was edited by Brethil on May 22 2014, 4:29pm)

Mikah
Lorien

May 26 2014, 2:44am

Post #2 of 6 (153 views)
Shortcut
I beg to differ! [In reply to] Can't Post

I am by far the least perfect! I wear the title proudlySmile We have such insightful and thoughtful people here in the reading room and I can think of more than a few people who I would love to see lead a discussion!

Brethil
Half-elven

May 27 2014, 12:11am

Post #3 of 6 (155 views)
Shortcut
Me too, Mikah... [In reply to] Can't Post

..we have a great bunch here. (So, do we have to play Twister to figure out who's more imperfect???Laugh)

The next TORn Amateur Symposium is a special edition: the Jubilee TAS to celebrate 60 years of FOTR! If you have an LOTR idea you would like to write about, we'd love to see your writing featured there!

(This post was edited by Brethil on May 27 2014, 12:11am)

Brethil
Half-elven

Jun 1 2014, 12:06am

Post #4 of 6 (195 views)
Shortcut
We have a leader for June 15th! [In reply to] Can't Post

Rembrethil will take us through these two chapters. Cool Many thanks!

sador
Half-elven

Jun 30 2014, 3:59am

Post #5 of 6 (96 views)
Shortcut
Shouldn't this be unstickied? // [In reply to] Can't Post

Brethil
Half-elven

Jul 2 2014, 3:24am

Post #6 of 6 (121 views)
Shortcut
And I thought no one was reading these Stickied posts. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.