The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming and Collecting:
New Trailer for 'Shadow of Mordor' Game

News from Bree
spymaster@theonering.net

May 20 2014, 11:06am

Post #1 of 6 (565 views)
Shortcut
New Trailer for 'Shadow of Mordor' Game Can't Post

ShadowofMordor_FOB_PS4A brand new gameplay video ("Weapons and Runes") has been released for the upcoming video game "Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor". The game will be released on October 7 and will be available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Windows PC.
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor delivers a dynamic game environment where the player orchestrates their personal plan of vengeance as they bend Mordor to their will. The game begins on the night of Sauron’s return to Mordor, as his Black Captains brutally execute the Rangers of the Black Gate. Players become Talion, a ranger who loses his family and everything he holds dear, only to be returned from death by a mysterious Spirit of vengeance. As Talion’s personal vendetta unfolds, players uncover the mystery of the Spirit that compels him, discover the origin of the Rings of Power and confront the ultimate nemesis.

The following retailer exclusives will be available:

Amazon Deadly Archer Rune

Talion will deal extra damage when executing ranged headshots against Sauron’s Captains

Best BuyFlame of Arnor Rune

Talion can ignite his blade by achieving a high combo count and incinerate his enemies

GameStop - Captain of the Watch / Hidden Blade Rune

“Captain of the Watch” character skin and the Hidden Blade Rune – Talion can deal extra damage when executing stealth attacks against Sauron’s Captains

Steam Orc Slayer Rune

Talion will decimate Sauron’s Captains with increased damage from special attacks

Click here for the Palantir app on the Apple Store, which will grant you additional information on the game when synced with different game assets, including this gameplay video.

Elessar
Valinor

May 20 2014, 11:05pm

Post #2 of 6 (352 views)
Shortcut
Can't wait [In reply to] Can't Post

I realize it's total fan fic but I am looking forward to playing this. I have it coming from amazon so I'll be getting that extra.

IdrilLalaith
Rivendell

May 21 2014, 3:46am

Post #3 of 6 (347 views)
Shortcut
So excited! [In reply to] Can't Post

This isn't usually my kind of game, but I'm really interested to play it. I don't know how much this really fits into the world Tolkien built, but it will still be interesting.

TolkienBlog.com

Arannir
Valinor

May 21 2014, 9:19am

Post #4 of 6 (344 views)
Shortcut
Hmmm... [In reply to] Can't Post

Although I hate that it is set in Mordor and the story sounds too generic fantasy-like, I really do hope it will create more motivation in the gaming industry to produce AAA Middle-eart titles.

I want that "White Council" game EA once started...

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

May 21 2014, 2:15pm

Post #5 of 6 (348 views)
Shortcut
I'm half-expecting an animated DTV movie. [In reply to] Can't Post

Warner Bros. Entertainment has not produced any direct-to-video animated movies for previous Middle-earth video game releases. However, for some reason I almost expect a prequel movie for this game (just as Warner Bros. Animation has Batman: Assault on Arkham, a prequel to the Batman: Arkham games, being released in August). I am a little surprised that we never saw such a promotional project attempted for any of the previous games.

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

demnation
Rohan

May 29 2014, 9:30am

Post #6 of 6 (402 views)
Shortcut
I'm actually pretty excited for this [In reply to] Can't Post

Hope it's as good as it looks.

"It is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succour of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till. What weather they shall have is not ours to rule." Gandalf, "The Last Debate."

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.