Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Caption Contest!

stormcrow20
Gondor

May 17 2014, 5:43am

Post #1 of 21 (372 views)
Shortcut
Caption Contest! Can't Post

Cirashala
Grey Havens

May 17 2014, 6:43am

Post #2 of 21 (246 views)
Shortcut
You DID remember to tell Thorin that Gandalf accidentally said turn LEFT when he meant right, didn't you? [In reply to] Can't Post

I figured there must have been an explanation for Thorin's inability to find things in Hobbiton Tongue

(This post was edited by Cirashala on May 17 2014, 6:43am)

Otaku-sempai
Half-elven

May 17 2014, 11:49am

Post #3 of 21 (220 views)
Shortcut
I knew we should have taken that left turn at Albuquerque. // [In reply to] Can't Post

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

grammaboodawg
Immortal

May 17 2014, 12:19pm

Post #4 of 21 (216 views)
Shortcut
Stop worrying! Bilbo is new at being a servant. He'll bring our dinner soon. // [In reply to] Can't Post

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - November 28, 2013
4th draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observation List - May 15, 2014

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists for LotR and The Hobbit

grammaboodawg
Immortal

May 17 2014, 12:21pm

Post #5 of 21 (223 views)
Shortcut
Nahhh... it wasn't a flatulent Orc. It seemed more like Bombur... or Gandalf // [In reply to] Can't Post

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - November 28, 2013
4th draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observation List - May 15, 2014

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists for LotR and The Hobbit

BlackFox
Valinor

May 17 2014, 1:39pm

Post #6 of 21 (230 views)
Shortcut
Kili: Oh no! Fili: Now what? [In reply to] Can't Post

Kili: I think I left the water running!

"Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake." - Henry David Thoreau

DanielLB
Immortal

May 17 2014, 2:02pm

Post #7 of 21 (210 views)
Shortcut
Fili: "What have you got down your trousers?" / [In reply to] Can't Post

Bracegirdle
Tol Eressea

May 17 2014, 2:26pm

Post #8 of 21 (238 views)
Shortcut
Forum should = Movies - Hobbit [In reply to] Can't Post

Just wondering?Tongue

-Bracegirdle the GrumpyMad

>>>>THIS SPACE FOR HIRE<<<<
Contact Messrs. Grubb, Grubb, and Burrowes.
Hole #14, Bywater Pool Road

Darkstone
Immortal

May 17 2014, 4:26pm

Post #9 of 21 (202 views)
Shortcut
"Are you wearing beard extensions again?" "What do you mean 'again'?" / [In reply to] Can't Post

Now doth Tinuviel put forth her skill and fairy-magic, and she sews Beren into this fell and makes him to the likeness of a great cat, and she teaches him how to sit and sprawl, to step and bound and trot in the semblance of a cat, till Huan's very whiskers bristled at the sight, and thereat Beren and Tinuviel laughed. Never however could Beren learn to screech or wail or to purr like any cat that ever walked, nor could Tinuviel awaken a glow in the dead eyes of the catskin -- "but we must put up with that," said she, "and thou hast the air of a very noble cat if thou but hold thy tongue." Then did they bid farewell to Huan and set out for the halls of Melko by easy journeys, for Beren was in great discomfort and heat within the fur of Oikeroi, and Tinuviel's heart became lighter awhile than it had been for long, and she stroked Beren or pulled his tail, and Beren was angry because he could not lash it in answer as fiercely as he wished.
-Book of Lost Tales II

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

May 17 2014, 5:23pm

Post #10 of 21 (217 views)
Shortcut
Hi Grumpy! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm Happy, although sometimes people call me Dopey. Angelic

"Caption Contest" threads are posted on the Main Board, regardless of "subject matter", unless the picture has nothing relevant to the Movies or those who worked on them. Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Elarie
Gondor

May 17 2014, 7:44pm

Post #11 of 21 (196 views)
Shortcut
Pretend you're in love with the hobbit. Then when you tell him about the elf he'll be too relieved to care. [In reply to] Can't Post

And once again the world has not arranged itself just for me. Tsk, tsk.

Bracegirdle
Tol Eressea

May 17 2014, 7:47pm

Post #12 of 21 (207 views)
Shortcut
Well... thank you... [In reply to] Can't Post

Have always wondered about the different boards as there appears to be quite a lot of movie comments on Main & Reading. Ah, well. Just me.

As a book-firster I occasionally go to one of the Movie boards and have no idea what they're talking about..
I think my mind blanks out the movie inaccuracies.

**Less Grumpy** Mad **Still Dopey** Tongue

BlackFox
Valinor

May 17 2014, 8:00pm

Post #13 of 21 (203 views)
Shortcut
Oh, Bracegirdle... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
As a book-firster I occasionally go to one of the Movie boards and have no idea what they're talking about..

Movies, maybe? Tongue

Bracegirdle
Tol Eressea

May 17 2014, 8:21pm

Post #14 of 21 (183 views)
Shortcut
Blackfox strikes again.. Them there foxes ere fast.....// [In reply to] Can't Post

BlackFox
Valinor

May 17 2014, 8:28pm

Post #15 of 21 (185 views)
Shortcut
Yes! Beware the fox! // [In reply to] Can't Post

cats16
Valinor

May 18 2014, 8:29am

Post #16 of 21 (178 views)
Shortcut
Have *you* read how the book ends?! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Darkstone
Immortal

May 18 2014, 3:33pm

Post #17 of 21 (157 views)
Shortcut
"Kili, I've been meaning to ask for some time: Are you my brother or my sister?" / [In reply to] Can't Post

Now doth Tinuviel put forth her skill and fairy-magic, and she sews Beren into this fell and makes him to the likeness of a great cat, and she teaches him how to sit and sprawl, to step and bound and trot in the semblance of a cat, till Huan's very whiskers bristled at the sight, and thereat Beren and Tinuviel laughed. Never however could Beren learn to screech or wail or to purr like any cat that ever walked, nor could Tinuviel awaken a glow in the dead eyes of the catskin -- "but we must put up with that," said she, "and thou hast the air of a very noble cat if thou but hold thy tongue." Then did they bid farewell to Huan and set out for the halls of Melko by easy journeys, for Beren was in great discomfort and heat within the fur of Oikeroi, and Tinuviel's heart became lighter awhile than it had been for long, and she stroked Beren or pulled his tail, and Beren was angry because he could not lash it in answer as fiercely as he wished.
-Book of Lost Tales II

NottaSackville
Tol Eressea

May 19 2014, 12:00pm

Post #18 of 21 (138 views)
Shortcut
Mods up // [In reply to] Can't Post

Happiness: money matters, but less than we think and not in the way that we think. Family is important and so are friends, while envy is toxic -- and so is excessive thinking. Beaches are optional. Trust is not. Neither is gratitude. - The Geography of Bliss by Eric Weiner as summarized by Lily Fairbairn. And a bit of the Hobbit reading thrown in never hurts. - NottaSackville

MirielCelebel
Rivendell

May 19 2014, 10:35pm

Post #19 of 21 (132 views)
Shortcut
Fili: You do realize we're gonna die virgins, right? [In reply to] Can't Post

"The Road goes ever on..."

Writing Bliss

Darkstone
Immortal

May 20 2014, 1:41pm

Post #20 of 21 (114 views)
Shortcut
"Well, maybe PJ changed us into the plucky comic relief!" / [In reply to] Can't Post

-Book of Lost Tales II

Meneldor
Tol Eressea

May 20 2014, 4:45pm

Post #21 of 21 (118 views)
Shortcut
But they don't have last names!!! // [In reply to] Can't Post

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters; These see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.