Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
"...a little ring, the least of rings..."

squire
Valinor

May 16, 6:24pm

Views: 260
Shortcut
"...a little ring, the least of rings..." [In reply to] Can't Post

And then his fell voice was lowered, and he would have sweetened it if he could. “As a small token only of your friendship Sauron asks this,” he said: “that you should find this thief,” such was his word, “and get from him, willing or no, a little ring, the least of rings, that once he stole. It is but a trifle that Sauron fancies, and an earnest of your good will.
(LotR II.2)

I think Tolkien's villain-speak is his weakest, or rather least-convincing, mode. This is the worst of a bad lot.

squire online:
RR Discussions: The Valaquenta, A Shortcut to Mushrooms, and Of Herbs and Stewed Rabbit
Lights! Action! Discuss on the Movie board!: 'A Journey in the Dark'. and 'Designing The Two Towers'.
Footeramas: The 3rd & 4th TORn Reading Room LotR Discussion and NOW the 1st BotR Discussion too! and "Tolkien would have LOVED it!"
squiretalk introduces the J.R.R. Tolkien Encyclopedia: A Reader's Diary

= Forum has no new posts. Forum needs no new posts.

Subject User Time
How about some UNfavorite Tolkien quotes? Bracegirdle Send a private message to Bracegirdle May 16, 1:33pm
    "A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities." Darkstone Send a private message to Darkstone May 16, 2:04pm
        At least three of those five demnation Send a private message to demnation May 16, 4:23pm
            Yep Darkstone Send a private message to Darkstone May 16, 5:07pm
    "...a little ring, the least of rings..." squire Send a private message to squire May 16, 6:24pm
        The least of rings . . . Bracegirdle Send a private message to Bracegirdle May 16, 9:12pm
            It ain't easy ghostwriting the Evil Overlord with a straight face squire Send a private message to squire May 17, 12:59am
                Evil is as Evil does. -Forrest Gump's mama Bracegirdle Send a private message to Bracegirdle May 17, 4:23am
    "No niggard are you, Eomer..." Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins May 17, 12:33am
        Yeah, I understand that... Rembrethil Send a private message to Rembrethil May 17, 11:25pm
            "Bundle of sticks..." :-D Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins May 17, 11:43pm
                My childhood, and that of my siblings were full of things like that... Rembrethil Send a private message to Rembrethil May 17, 11:53pm
    Tolkien's description of the Men from Far Harad Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai May 17, 12:00pm
        OMG. . . . Bracegirdle Send a private message to Bracegirdle May 17, 2:16pm
            I think most folks here realize that Tolkien was no bigot. Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai May 17, 4:44pm
                OMG ... again! Bracegirdle Send a private message to Bracegirdle May 17, 7:34pm
                    I truly wasn't sure Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai May 18, 1:17pm
                        No problem Otaku -- We good ! Bracegirdle Send a private message to Bracegirdle May 18, 6:19pm
                        Guns?!? Joe-Mathews Send a private message to Joe-Mathews May 18, 6:31pm
                            Blame it on the "Narrator". Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai May 18, 6:54pm
    I have a whole chapter! demnation Send a private message to demnation May 18, 3:34am
        Could it be simply because of. . . Bracegirdle Send a private message to Bracegirdle May 18, 4:38am
            Nope. I love Tom Bombadil demnation Send a private message to demnation May 18, 8:54pm
                Well then how about. . . Bracegirdle Send a private message to Bracegirdle May 18, 10:08pm
                    Tom Bombadil sherlock Send a private message to sherlock May 21, 4:00pm
    A moving quote that just doesn't work in context Alan Stanier Send a private message to Alan Stanier May 31, 6:26am
    least favorite quotes Big Daddy Balrog Send a private message to Big Daddy Balrog Jun 2, 5:36am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.