Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
I would really love more special features about props, costumes, and weapons

Poll: Hypotheticaly speaking, what would you expect (or want) to see in a future 'Ultimate Box Set' of the LOTR and TH Films?
I don't think we'll be getting a 'Ultimate box set'
Such a box set doesn't interest me
I want to be pleasantly surprised
I don't know!
As much as possible
Honestly? Not alot...
Would such a box set really be necessary, or likely?
Unreleased/Additional Deleted Scenes
Bloopers
Retrospective interviews with the cast or crew
New Cast/Crew Audio Commentaries
Ask me again in 2015, I may have a better idea by then...
Audio Commentaries with Tolkien Scholars or Critics
Expanded versions of existing special features (Apparently Costa Botes filmed around 1000 hours of Behind the scenes footage for LOTR)
Theatrical and EE versions of Films included
Seamless branching
3d versions of LOTR
New special features
Remastered Versions of LOTR (e.g. Fellowship's Riddles replaced with AUJ, new SFX added)
Actor Screen Tests
Posters
Concept Art and Set Photos
Thanks for reminding me we have to wait...
Greater range of subtitles or audio tracks
Everything!
The '25th Anniversary' cuts of LOTR
TV Specials
Trailers
Commemorative Booklet or statue etc
Cheaper Price
New packaging
Cast/Crew filmographies
Downloadable versions of content
Early Drafts of the Scripts
A suitability impressive testament to the work of PJ and co
Art cards
New Features on Tolkien
Other
(Feel free to suggest you own ideas below)
View Results (303 votes)

Elarie
Rohan

May 16, 1:00pm

Views: 173
Shortcut
I would really love more special features about props, costumes, and weapons [In reply to] Can't Post

And by 'more', I mean a LOT more. The craftsmanship that goes into the handmade objects in these movies is wonderful. I could happily watch hours and hours and hours of special features just about this.

I also checked off several other categories - actor commentaries, deleted scenes, bloopers (just for fun) and general behind-the-scenes type of stuff, which is always interesting.

Subject User Time
Hypotheticaly speaking, what would you expect (or want) to see in a future 'Ultimate Box Set' of the LOTR and TH Films? malickfan Send a private message to malickfan May 15, 6:23pm
    To be completely honest here. NecromancerRising Send a private message to NecromancerRising May 15, 6:43pm
        I knew that would be a popular answer...but to be honest I don't agree malickfan Send a private message to malickfan May 15, 6:58pm
            I want more and more NecromancerRising Send a private message to NecromancerRising May 15, 7:04pm
                Nothing wrong with being greedy... malickfan Send a private message to malickfan May 15, 7:13pm
                    I see what you mean,totally. NecromancerRising Send a private message to NecromancerRising May 15, 7:21pm
                        Fair enough... malickfan Send a private message to malickfan May 15, 7:38pm
    Jackson's first 3 versions of LOTR would be nice. Darkstone Send a private message to Darkstone May 15, 7:44pm
    What I want, and have wanted for years... Patty Send a private message to Patty May 15, 10:04pm
    I would really love more special features about props, costumes, and weapons Elarie Send a private message to Elarie May 16, 1:00pm
    Make them big.... Donry Send a private message to Donry May 16, 11:02pm
    Choices J Pierpont Flathead Send a private message to J Pierpont Flathead May 16, 11:43pm
    I'm good with my EEs of LOTR Annael Send a private message to Annael May 17, 3:48pm
        It's a shame, isn't it? Patty Send a private message to Patty May 20, 7:41pm
    Nothing for me, thanks. demnation Send a private message to demnation May 18, 3:31am
    I've always had this dream grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg May 19, 12:21am
    I would want... Salmacis81 Send a private message to Salmacis81 May 26, 4:28pm
    Everything dubulous Send a private message to dubulous May 31, 11:04pm
        Absolutely Everything? J Pierpont Flathead Send a private message to J Pierpont Flathead Jun 1, 2:47am
    Deleted scenes are my top priority Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Jun 3, 7:31pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.