Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Woolf's "To the Lighthouse"

Misto
Lorien

May 11, 8:11pm

Views: 89
Shortcut
Woolf's "To the Lighthouse" [In reply to] Can't Post

Fifty pages in, I don't quite know what to think of it. I find the style quite challenging and am still searching for the core of the story. Let's see how/if it grows on me.

Subject User Time
It's the Cinco-de-Mayo reading thread! Lily Fairbairn Send a private message to Lily Fairbairn May 6, 2:27pm
    Cat On a Hot Tin Roof Dame Ioreth Send a private message to Dame Ioreth May 6, 2:43pm
        Now there's a classic Lily Fairbairn Send a private message to Lily Fairbairn May 6, 8:04pm
            Taylor and Newman were another pair who had powerful chemistry Dame Ioreth Send a private message to Dame Ioreth May 7, 12:24am
    Rereading Mary Stewart's Merlin trilogy Riven Delve Send a private message to Riven Delve May 6, 3:10pm
        I loved this book series! The first two were my favorite DaughterofLaketown Send a private message to DaughterofLaketown May 6, 3:44pm
            I don't like the Mordred book Riven Delve Send a private message to Riven Delve May 6, 4:45pm
        Oh wow, I loved these books. Dame Ioreth Send a private message to Dame Ioreth May 6, 3:59pm
            Merlin as narrator Riven Delve Send a private message to Riven Delve May 6, 5:04pm
        I particularly like The Crystal Cave Lily Fairbairn Send a private message to Lily Fairbairn May 6, 8:06pm
            I love Stewart's descriptions... Riven Delve Send a private message to Riven Delve May 6, 10:46pm
                Have you read some of her other novels? Dame Ioreth Send a private message to Dame Ioreth May 7, 12:15am
                    Madam Will You Talk? is my favorite Annael Send a private message to Annael May 7, 12:20am
                        I think that one Riven Delve Send a private message to Riven Delve May 7, 1:15am
                            I can't remember which of Stewart's books I read first Lily Fairbairn Send a private message to Lily Fairbairn May 8, 2:23pm
                        I like her thriller-suspense-romance novels better entmaiden Send a private message to entmaiden May 7, 1:56pm
                            They are comfort books for me... Riven Delve Send a private message to Riven Delve May 8, 12:28am
                                Yes - exactly entmaiden Send a private message to entmaiden May 8, 2:02pm
                    Oh, you bet! Riven Delve Send a private message to Riven Delve May 7, 1:11am
                    Nine Coaches and Moon Spinners sevilodorf Send a private message to sevilodorf May 7, 11:20pm
                        The ones with the young boys in peril... Riven Delve Send a private message to Riven Delve May 8, 12:24am
                            who turn out to be real heroes Annael Send a private message to Annael May 8, 2:56pm
                    Oh my gosh, I have to thank you! Kim Send a private message to Kim May 8, 3:06am
                        Hooray - we got another one! entmaiden Send a private message to entmaiden May 8, 2:05pm
    I'm on a Robin Hood roll.... Old Toby Send a private message to Old Toby May 6, 3:43pm
        Love this series! DaughterofLaketown Send a private message to DaughterofLaketown May 6, 3:45pm
        You have read Ivanhoe! DaughterofLaketown Send a private message to DaughterofLaketown May 6, 3:46pm
        Robin Hood, like Arthur, goes on forever Lily Fairbairn Send a private message to Lily Fairbairn May 6, 8:10pm
            It's on Project Gutenberg. :) // Dame Ioreth Send a private message to Dame Ioreth May 6, 8:18pm
        I was in junior high when I first read Ivanhoe. Meneldor Send a private message to Meneldor May 6, 9:38pm
    The Brick Bible, by Brendan Powell Smith AlassŽa Eruvande Send a private message to AlassŽa Eruvande May 6, 4:08pm
        How clever! Lily Fairbairn Send a private message to Lily Fairbairn May 6, 8:14pm
    The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion Kim Send a private message to Kim May 6, 7:21pm
        Connie Willis Riven Delve Send a private message to Riven Delve May 6, 7:33pm
            Yep, that one's next on my list Kim Send a private message to Kim May 6, 7:41pm
            So did I! Na Vedui Send a private message to Na Vedui May 7, 9:40pm
        Hm Lily Fairbairn Send a private message to Lily Fairbairn May 6, 8:17pm
        Laugh out loud funny Nienna Send a private message to Nienna May 9, 7:53am
    Within a Budding Grove... cats16 Send a private message to cats16 May 6, 7:26pm
        You can't go wrong... Lily Fairbairn Send a private message to Lily Fairbairn May 6, 8:18pm
            I do hope so! Thanks. :) // cats16 Send a private message to cats16 May 7, 12:45am
    Just finished Wilhelm Meisters Wanderjahre BlackFox Send a private message to BlackFox May 7, 2:53pm
        Although I must say I ultimately ended up enjoying it more than Lehrjahre BlackFox Send a private message to BlackFox May 7, 2:57pm
            have you read Elanor of Rohan Send a private message to Elanor of Rohan May 12, 8:27pm
                I have BlackFox Send a private message to BlackFox May 12, 8:40pm
    Billy Budd Meneldor Send a private message to Meneldor May 8, 12:02am
    Ready Player One Finding Frodo Send a private message to Finding Frodo May 8, 3:58am
        I enjoyed that a lot entmaiden Send a private message to entmaiden May 8, 2:04pm
    Iron Angel Meneldor Send a private message to Meneldor May 9, 4:17pm
    Woolf's "To the Lighthouse" Misto Send a private message to Misto May 11, 8:11pm
    It's the special Monday edition of the Tuesday reading thread! Lily Fairbairn Send a private message to Lily Fairbairn May 12, 3:08pm
        I found a Nevil Shute I had not read! Annael Send a private message to Annael May 12, 4:31pm
            Nevil Shute Meneldor Send a private message to Meneldor May 12, 4:52pm
                yes Annael Send a private message to Annael May 12, 8:09pm
            44 Scotland Street Kim Send a private message to Kim May 12, 7:07pm
            I never read 'Rainbow and the Rose' squire Send a private message to squire May 13, 2:50am
                I liked it Annael Send a private message to Annael May 13, 4:28am
        The Pull of the Ocean by Jean-Claude Mourlevat BlackFox Send a private message to BlackFox May 12, 8:21pm
        I'm into book four of Julian May's Saga of the Exiles quadrilogy. Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua May 12, 11:48pm
        I finished All Clear Kim Send a private message to Kim May 16, 5:11pm
    And in the Reading Room bind them Meneldor Send a private message to Meneldor May 16, 3:49am
        That is awesome. dernwyn Send a private message to dernwyn May 16, 10:15am
        So cool Kim Send a private message to Kim May 16, 5:06pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.