Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Welcome to Friday Fiesta! :D
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Ethel Duath
Valinor

May 9 2014, 5:34pm

Post #26 of 75 (204 views)
Shortcut
Funny thing the Mozart [In reply to] Can't Post

Compared to the Requiem, I found the violin part not at all as hard. He must have stuck the vocals with all the hard stuff! But I've only done it once, so I may just have forgotten. Nothing like being inside a Mozart work--I always want to sing and play at the same time . . . ShockedEvil

Congrats on you book! When does it come out?

cats16
Valinor

May 9 2014, 5:56pm

Post #27 of 75 (197 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you.

Hope you have a great weekend, too! Smile

Kim
Valinor

May 9 2014, 6:00pm

Post #28 of 75 (197 views)
Shortcut
Happy Friday! [In reply to] Can't Post

Another mostly busy week at work, and it looks like a few projects are finally kicking into gear, so I think the busy will continue. Luckily, should be a fairly quiet weekend, planning to go to the local farmer's market to get flowers for my mom for Mother's Day (most likely in the rain, but it looks like the sun is coming back next week).

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!

"Jagatud rõõm on topelt rõõm - a shared joy is a double joy". ~Estonian saying

“As such, you will address His Majesty as His Majesty, the Lord of Silver Fountains, the King of Carven Stone, the King Beneath the Mountain, the Lion of Erebor, the High King of the Dwarves, the True Treasure of Erebor, the Face that Launched 10,000 Sighs, or Thorin the Majestic..."

http://newboards.theonering.net/...forum_view_collapsed

Eventides
Tol Eressea

May 9 2014, 6:03pm

Post #29 of 75 (197 views)
Shortcut
Hey, Kim! [In reply to] Can't Post

*gets drink-of-choice*

Hope you enjoy your weekend! :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Eventides' Website: ListenUpReviews.com - Rockin' Choices In Entertainment!
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

Kim
Valinor

May 9 2014, 6:04pm

Post #30 of 75 (194 views)
Shortcut
Warm - yay! [In reply to] Can't Post

Bummer about the cold, though hopefully you can ignore it and enjoy the sunshine. It's still rather chilly and rainy here, so just waiting for the sun to come back and warm us up again - supposed to be in the 70s next week. Cool

“As such, you will address His Majesty as His Majesty, the Lord of Silver Fountains, the King of Carven Stone, the King Beneath the Mountain, the Lion of Erebor, the High King of the Dwarves, the True Treasure of Erebor, the Face that Launched 10,000 Sighs, or Thorin the Majestic..."

Kim
Valinor

May 9 2014, 6:06pm

Post #31 of 75 (199 views)
Shortcut
Whoops - forgot to place my order again! [In reply to] Can't Post

Not sure if I can decide between hot chocolate and strawberry lemonade - the weather's been a bit schizophrenic lately. Or maybe I should just find some chocolate covered strawberries and go with that! Tongue

Eventides
Tol Eressea

May 9 2014, 7:06pm

Post #32 of 75 (190 views)
Shortcut
*Sets out Self-Serve Sign* Thanks for having me as a sub today, everyone! Hope you all have great weekends!! :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

Eventides' Website: ListenUpReviews.com - Rockin' Choices In Entertainment!
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

Starling
Half-elven

May 9 2014, 8:31pm

Post #33 of 75 (207 views)
Shortcut
It's mop chop day! [In reply to] Can't Post

Can't believe it's come around already.
One for me, and one for the dog. So far we haven't got our salons mixed up.

Strong coffee please, and some sort of naughty sticky pastry. I have just survived the first week of term. I slept in until 8.00 this morning! Cool

Ethel Duath
Valinor

May 9 2014, 8:57pm

Post #34 of 75 (192 views)
Shortcut
Here you go! :D [In reply to] Can't Post

Hope this'll hit the spot. Courtesy of my manservant. (Who in turn was revived by my first venture into Ngaio Marsh's novels.Crazy Have you read them? If so, I wonder what do you think of them. I understand she was born or maybe later lived in New Zealand?Smile)

And might I suggest a new barber? I'm sure he could handle both of you at once--especially in light of you busy teaching schedule.

mawguy
The Shire

May 9 2014, 9:41pm

Post #35 of 75 (186 views)
Shortcut
rain, blessed rain! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi eventides!

thanks for keeping the door open for stragglers. i always forget to stop by. and it is finally warm enough to request a lemonade! :D

hope everyone's well!

"Alas for us all! And for all that walk the world in these after-days. For such is the way of it: to find and lose, as it seems to those whose boat is on the running stream. But I count you blessed, Gimli son of Glóin: for your loss you suffer of your own free will, and you might have chosen otherwise. But you have not forsaken your companions, and the least reward that you shall have is that the memory of Lothlórien shall remain ever clear and unstained in your heart, and shall neither fade nor grow stale."

Dame Ioreth
Tol Eressea

May 9 2014, 11:06pm

Post #36 of 75 (176 views)
Shortcut
Congratulations! Need a book cover design? [In reply to] Can't Post

My daughter is graduating from Art School and just had her exit interveiws. Bloomsbury Publishers art director loved her stuff and is looking forward to seeing more. Neil Swaab liked her portfolio too and gave her some ideas on starting a blog to build her reputation in the field. (I'm sorry... I'm such a mom. I just had to put in a pitch for her.)

I think the whole thing is fascinating hearing your experience from the writer's end of things and then her stories from the art end of things. I guess I knew it was a complicated business but listening to all that goes into it makes me glad I never finish any of my writing. Laugh

Where there's life there's hope, and need of vittles.
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Dame Ioreth
Tol Eressea

May 9 2014, 11:20pm

Post #37 of 75 (182 views)
Shortcut
I spent yesterday with son, the younger [In reply to] Can't Post

He was inducted into the Junior National Honor Society. He made a very big show of putting his chin on top of my head for a picture. Brat. He looked so nice in his suit - so grown up! *sob*

Today we had carpet installed replacing the carpet destroyed by an incontinent elderly male cat. It's only partially his fault though. He was being taunted by a young tom cat that likes to strut on our front porch in front of the windows in full view of my old buddy Fred. It's a matter of honor, I understand. I just wish there was another way to *ahem* express himself. Tongue

This weekend I make lists and take a deep breath. Next week starts the big push to the end of the school year. I plan on holding my breath and coming up for air somewhere around the second week of June. College graduation, kid concerts, my concerts, promotion ceremonies, move to a new apartment for the oldest, new (used) car for the second oldest, Senior pictures for the older son, Senior rings, younger son is asking a girl (I know, a girl! *sob*) out for the 8th grade semi formal, youngest finishes her GS Journey Service project in preparation for her Bronze Award next year.... It is all such wonderful stuff but it's all happening in the space of 3 weeks! I need to make sure I charge my camera and phone each night just to be ready. Cool We are truly blessed.

Where there's life there's hope, and need of vittles.
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

cats16
Valinor

May 9 2014, 11:55pm

Post #38 of 75 (171 views)
Shortcut
Ooo nice! [In reply to] Can't Post

I think we're in for some rain for the next few days (but maybe I'm just making that up...CrazyCool). Yep, soaking up as many rays as I can. Walking inside air conditioned buildings is what really throws my head for a loop, though.

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

May 10 2014, 12:48am

Post #39 of 75 (167 views)
Shortcut
mawguy - so great to see you! [In reply to] Can't Post

Been too long! Hope you've been well.

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

May 10 2014, 12:50am

Post #40 of 75 (176 views)
Shortcut
I'm FREEEEEEEEEEEE!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

For the weekend anyway. I just finished submitting the very last of my assignments in my "Developmental Psychology" and "Theology and Cinema" courses. Woohoo! That means I have the weekend off free and clear until the dreaded summer Math 100 course starts on Monday.

I guess I'll spend most of it catching up on fun stuff I've gotten behind on, like that knitted purse I keep saying I want to finish, helping my mom outside, catching up on TV shows I've missed, maybe write a little more on my book, and maybe just maybe I can finally finish not only reading the Appendices in ROTK but also finish watching the Appendices material on my TTT and ROTK EE DVDs. I also need to start helping with cleaning up the house before my Aunt and Grammy get here next weekend for my birthday.

Hope everyone else has a great weekend too!Smile

"But there’s empty cross, there’s an empty tomb
Fire and wind now sweeping in this tiny upper room
There’s a hungry world, there’s a risen King
Unlock the doors, what reason more could we ever need?
So sing with me, I dare you to
Because there’s an empty cross; there’s an empty tomb"
~Empty (Disciples)-sung by Dan Haseltine and Matt Hammitt

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

May 10 2014, 1:00am

Post #41 of 75 (180 views)
Shortcut
Busy day, just got home [In reply to] Can't Post

Friday is conference call day, since many of us travel Monday-Thursday. I was on calls until about 3:30 pm, then went on a shopping trip with the maintenance guy for my condo association. I'm the president, and this year we decided to do our own landscaping instead of hiring a company. We've had different landscapers over the years, but they never do a good job, and it's a fight to get them to come back and correct the problems. So our maintenance guy said he could do it if we buy the plants and flowers. Today was the conclusion of Phase I, where he and I got the ground cover (pachysandra). This coming Thursday we get the flowers, and next Saturday we've invited the association to join us in planting the flowers.

Next Saturday is Spring Clean-up day in the entire neighborhood. It's an old tradition where everyone in the neighborhood gets together to clean the streets, sidewalks and gardens of the winter dirt and disarray. The neighborhood looks so nice after that weekend, and we're doing our part by planting lots of flowers.

The neighborhood is holding a potluck dinner next Monday as part of the Chicago Community Trust On the Table event. The idea is to hold simultaneous dinners across the city to discuss the meaning of community and how we can build a better city through communities. Our neighborhood association is welcoming almost 50 people to participate, and in the true spirit of community, we're having dinner we all prepared. After the event, we'll complete a survey to report our findings. I'm excited about this and hope it becomes an annual tradition. The mayor is hosting people at his house, as are many company CEOs and local politicians.

Kim
Valinor

May 10 2014, 3:15am

Post #42 of 75 (163 views)
Shortcut
Congratulations! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hope you get great results on your classes. I say you should go wild this weekend before the dreaded math class starts Monday! Cool

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

May 10 2014, 2:26pm

Post #43 of 75 (155 views)
Shortcut
Sound like you'll be busy, busy, busy! [In reply to] Can't Post

Congratulations to all your kids on their big milestones! I know you must be so proud of them.Smile Hang in there during this whirlwind and remember to stop and take a breath every now and then, as well as lots of pictures!Wink

"But there’s empty cross, there’s an empty tomb
Fire and wind now sweeping in this tiny upper room
There’s a hungry world, there’s a risen King
Unlock the doors, what reason more could we ever need?
So sing with me, I dare you to
Because there’s an empty cross; there’s an empty tomb"
~Empty (Disciples)-sung by Dan Haseltine and Matt Hammitt

Annael
Half-elven

May 10 2014, 3:23pm

Post #44 of 75 (158 views)
Shortcut
good luck to her! [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry, my publisher has their own in-house designer. Book cover design would be a fun niche I'd think! With all the self-publishing going on these days a person could make a nice free-lance business out of it.

The way we imagine our lives is the way we are going to go on living our lives.

- James Hillman, Healing Fiction

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

Greenwood Hobbit
Gondor

May 10 2014, 8:49pm

Post #45 of 75 (147 views)
Shortcut
Here we have a worthy successor [In reply to] Can't Post

to the pants thread, I fancy! Gondor has no doors, Gondor needs no doors... Tasty, crunchable doorses...

cats16
Valinor

May 10 2014, 11:38pm

Post #46 of 75 (134 views)
Shortcut
How did I miss this?! [In reply to] Can't Post

This is great! Laugh

cats16
Valinor

May 10 2014, 11:45pm

Post #47 of 75 (134 views)
Shortcut
The door is set. The pieces are moving. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Kim
Valinor

May 11 2014, 12:54am

Post #48 of 75 (136 views)
Shortcut
One does not simply walk through the Mor-door // [In reply to] Can't Post

cats16
Valinor

May 11 2014, 5:15am

Post #49 of 75 (124 views)
Shortcut
If there's a key...there must be a door! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Sly

Starling
Half-elven

May 11 2014, 5:36am

Post #50 of 75 (149 views)
Shortcut
Ngaio Marsh was a well known Christchurch personality [In reply to] Can't Post

She was very active here in writing, theatre and painting. By all accounts she was a rather dashing character!
She was born and died in Christchurch, but also spent a lot of time in England.
This is quite a good little biography.
The house she lived in is preserved by a trust. I thought you might enjoy this article about it.

By the way, when I arrived at the groomer yesterday, I got a shock to find out that the business had been sold to a completely disorganised person who claimed the previous owner had stolen all the client contact details. She then told me a long and tedious story about how busy she was, plus shared all her unpleasant health troubles. She said she couldn't possibly fit me in but maybe I could come back next week? One customer (probably among many) lost. I was lucky enough to find a lovely new groomer on the same day, and Midgey has an appointment next Saturday. So hopefully at this stage I won't be needing the barber you recommended. Shocked

Luckily when I got to my haircut appointment everything was normal.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.