Eruonen
Half-elven

May 2 2014, 9:30pm

Post #1 of 9 (2109 views)
Shortcut
Smaug vs Godzilla Can't Post

This year's big smack down.

Smaug - prior TORN estimate
Smaug is more than 60 metres long, and has a wingspan well in excess of 50 metres!...in the vicinity of 75 to 100 metres.

"In the 1954 Japanese original, Dr. Yamane estimates that Godzilla is 50 meters tall (167 feet)."

"it is immune to conventional weaponry thanks to its rugged hide and ability to regenerate,[37] and as a result of surviving a nuclear explosion, it cannot be destroyed by anything less powerful.[38] Various films, television shows, comics and games have depicted Godzilla with additional powers such as an atomic pulse, magnetism, precognition, fireballs, an electric bite,[39] superhuman speed, eye beams and even flight." Wiki

I think, in the end, Godzilla would win due to his bizarre powers.

(This post was edited by Eruonen on May 2 2014, 9:35pm)

Eruonen
Half-elven

May 2 2014, 9:32pm

Post #2 of 9 (1913 views)
Shortcut
However, there is a chance Smaug could win if [In reply to] Can't Post

he adopted the tactics of Destroyah

http://en.wikipedia.org/...zilla_vs._Destoroyah

Toros
The Shire

May 3 2014, 4:11pm

Post #3 of 9 (1898 views)
Shortcut
Hmm [In reply to] Can't Post

Smaug is notoriously cunning though, I'm sure the more powers the other had, the more Smaug could use them for his own advantage..

Ruxendil_Thoorg
Tol Eressea

May 3 2014, 6:09pm

Post #4 of 9 (1883 views)
Shortcut
can Godzilla fly? [In reply to] Can't Post

Godzilla does have quite a few odd powers. Can it really fly? I'm not a Godzilla expert but I'm guessing its flight is limited at best. In terms of variety of powers, edge goes to Godzilla, but Smaug is very smart, flies really well, and can talk. I think Smaug might use his flight to advantage. He might also possibly use his power of speech to convince other Kaiju to join against Godzilla. (He's smart, he could learn Japanese from Rosetta Stone or Berlitz.... Laugh)

Things overheard during games of chess in Middle-earth:

Galadriel (any and every time she advances her pawn to the last row): "In its place you would have a QUEEN!!!!" (thunder booms)

http://newboards.theonering.net/...forum_view_expanded;

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

May 3 2014, 7:28pm

Post #5 of 9 (1886 views)
Shortcut
Godzilla does not normally fly. [In reply to] Can't Post

In one or two of the sillier entries of the film series, the Big-G propelled himself through the air briefly using his fiery atomic breath for thrust. This isn't a normal ability.

On Godzilla versus Smaug, I would have to call Godzilla for the win. Superior size and strength will overcome Smaug's greater intellect.

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

grammaboodawg
Immortal

May 4 2014, 3:38pm

Post #6 of 9 (1998 views)
Shortcut
Well... Godzilla has friends and has flown ;) [In reply to] Can't Post

AND he's already proven he can fight a dragon. Rodan gives him a lift when Mothra, Rodan and Godzilla team up to fight a dragon (Ghidorah)... they totally conquer the 3-headed worm. ;)

I love this flick!

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - November 28, 2013
3rd draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observation List - January 2, 2014

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists (updated soon)

phij2
Rivendell

May 8 2014, 6:32pm

Post #7 of 9 (1860 views)
Shortcut
Godzilla [In reply to] Can't Post

seeing as he can only be killed by a nuclear bomb but Smaug can be killed by a well placed arrowCrazy

Darkstone
Immortal

May 8 2014, 6:38pm

Post #8 of 9 (1861 views)
Shortcut
Well, now we know... [In reply to] Can't Post

...where Godzuki came from.

I'm assuming it was win-win and they both got their cookies.

Philosoraptor sez:

It has been said that fiction is often held to a higher standard of logic than real life.

(This post was edited by Darkstone on May 8 2014, 6:44pm)

Eruonen
Half-elven

May 8 2014, 7:20pm

Post #9 of 9 (1967 views)
Shortcut
Now, if Smaug had The One Ring he may be able to [In reply to] Can't Post

influence Godzilla via mind effect and would become
more powerful due to its inherent power.

"...The Ring also conferred power to dominate the wills of other beings whether they were wearing Rings or not — but only in proportion to the user's native capacity. In the same way, it amplified any inherent power its owner possessed...." Wiki

So maybe, just maybe, Smaug could have reached his brother scaly monster's mind and influenced him to his will.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.