Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Im expecting a lot to happen in this month

boldog
Rohan

May 2 2014, 9:00am

Post #1 of 11 (677 views)
Shortcut
Im expecting a lot to happen in this month Can't Post

I feel that we are about to hit the first wave of advertising of this film very soon. Looking at last years trend, it seems to be that may was when we got verification of a soon to be released trailer (which came out 1st june anyway) With that means that we should get a teaser poster too, which i believe as many have said will be a shot of Bilbos back profile looking on at the battle of 5 armies.

In saying that we are well overdue for a video blog, so one of them id hope, will be seen this month too.

Im literally counting down the days till the trailer rating shows up on Alberta. Exciting timesSmileSmile

I believe that Azog and Bolg are possibly the only two orcs who may be an exception to the typical evil nature of an orc. Azog had brought up his son, well enough that he actually acknowledges him as his own son. That is a first for any orc. And Bolg sets out to march upon Erebor in vengeance of his fathers death. How many orcs will Try and avenge another dead orc? Most will just forget about the dead one. This gives me hope that Orcs, have some traits of good in them, even if it is small aspects.

Arannir
Valinor

May 2 2014, 9:13am

Post #2 of 11 (375 views)
Shortcut
Godzilla [In reply to] Can't Post

I also hope for a trailer release with Godzilla... the next "big" WB releases would be in June ("Edge of Tomorrow") and July ("Jupiter Ascending"), with the latter (I think) not shown in 3D.

I have a feeling though that Godzilla could be the strongest of the three (BO-wise) and hope for the Bot5A trailer to be attached to it.

ďAll good stories deserve embellishment."

Praise is subjective. And so is criticism.

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at."

Name
Rohan

May 2 2014, 10:20am

Post #3 of 11 (310 views)
Shortcut
Yeah, go see a movie about a giant monster, see a trailer for a giant dragon. [In reply to] Can't Post

How many Tolkien fans does it take to change a light bulb?

"Change? Oh my god, what do you mean change?! Never, never, never......"

Arandir
Gondor

May 2 2014, 10:55am

Post #4 of 11 (296 views)
Shortcut
Interstellar? [In reply to] Can't Post

I agree that Godzilla is one of the likeliest contenders, but I just remembered that Interstellar (released early November) might also be shown. Whether it will be instead of BOFTA or the other way round or perhaps the two together, is anyone's guess.

But I'm really hoping we DO get a teaser with the roaring dinosaur! Smile

'A Tolkienist's Perspective' Blog
Why we Love 'Sherlock'
'How Peter Jackson inches closer to making 'The Silmarillion'

BornOutOfTheWest
Rivendell

May 2 2014, 11:24am

Post #5 of 11 (277 views)
Shortcut
Yes, [In reply to] Can't Post

If we do see a trailer with Godzilla, we should definitely see a trailer rating pop up in the next week and a half or so. Fingers crossed!

tsmith675
Gondor

May 2 2014, 12:43pm

Post #6 of 11 (234 views)
Shortcut
I hope we get both. [In reply to] Can't Post

I think it's pretty much guaranteed an Interstellar trailer will be in front of Godzilla, as both are WB and Legendary. But I really hope, and I expect, that we'll get a BoFA trailer with Godzilla as well.

I definitely wanna see a trailer for both because these are my two most anticipated films of the year Smile

Our destiny lies above us.

Elessar
Valinor

May 2 2014, 1:33pm

Post #7 of 11 (223 views)
Shortcut
Give me everything [In reply to] Can't Post

they can give. I'm ready to for it.

Imladris18
Lorien

May 2 2014, 1:49pm

Post #8 of 11 (212 views)
Shortcut
Very exciting indeed. [In reply to] Can't Post

Actually cherishing the wait as this is the last.

Arandir
Gondor

May 2 2014, 3:44pm

Post #9 of 11 (166 views)
Shortcut
I hope so too [In reply to] Can't Post

... plus, I noticed your familiar signature Wink

At least, before BOFA, we'll get Interstellar - which will definitely cut the waiting by a bit (even though only a month)

'A Tolkienist's Perspective' Blog
Why we Love 'Sherlock'
'How Peter Jackson inches closer to making 'The Silmarillion'

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

May 4 2014, 3:01pm

Post #10 of 11 (40 views)
Shortcut
Slightly off topic, but [In reply to] Can't Post

Godzilla is looking great. It's one of two movies i must see this summer, along with Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, which is also looking pretty great.

NecromancerRising
Gondor

May 4 2014, 3:07pm

Post #11 of 11 (32 views)
Shortcut
OT too. [In reply to] Can't Post

The Godzilla trailer is looking very promising and i will watch it for sure in a cinema.

"Obsession and narrow-mindness is the trend of the 2000's and synonyms to many Tolkien fanatics"

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.