Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Reading Room:
Concerning Thuringwethil

boldog
Rohan

May 2, 9:26am

Views: 193
Shortcut
Concerning Thuringwethil Can't Post

She has a brief mention in The story of Beren and Luthien, as the messanger of Sauron to Morgoth, who Luthien took her form. I just have a few questions about this character that Id like to have answered please Smile

1. Was she a bat, a vampire or a vampiric shapeshifter? Was she a Maiar or corrupt elf? (not orc). The way i have always pictured her was like a female version of Sauron i.e a Maiar. Perhaps she had a fair vampiric form, and could change into a bat. Like Sauron can turn into a wolf. I like that idea.

2. Did Luthien kill her? How could Luthien have the power to obtain her form if she was still alive? Did she Kill her, thus enabling her to take up her form?

3. Sauron and Thuringwethil dark lovers? I have thought of this only recently, but what if she was the lover of Sauron. Bit of fanfic, i know, But considering he was once a fair Maiar, I like the idea that she was in love with him before hand, and fell to darkness with him. They both are of that same vampiric nature at the time, so it could be a possibility

I believe that Azog and Bolg are possibly the only two orcs who may be an exception to the typical evil nature of an orc. Azog had brought up his son, well enough that he actually acknowledges him as his own son. That is a first for any orc. And Bolg sets out to march upon Erebor in vengeance of his fathers death. How many orcs will Try and avenge another dead orc? Most will just forget about the dead one. This gives me hope that Orcs, have some traits of good in them, even if it is small aspects.

Subject User Time
Concerning Thuringwethil boldog Send a private message to boldog May 2, 9:26am
    Very cool idea DaughterofLaketown Send a private message to DaughterofLaketown May 2, 1:44pm
    Thuringwethil Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai May 2, 3:47pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.