Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
Who in Middle Earth do others identify you with most?
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All
Poll: Who in Middle Earth do others identify you with most?
Aragorn
Gandalf (the Grey)
Frodo
Sam
Merry
Pippin
Legolas
Boromir
Gimli
Faramir
Gandalf (the White)
Eowyn
Eomer
Gollum
Sauron
The Witchking
Saruman
Someone else...
View Results (51 votes)

Penthe
Gondor

Mar 4 2007, 6:27am

Post #26 of 34 (778 views)
Shortcut
I picked Boromir [In reply to] Can't Post

I think people see my as good-intentioned, but often wrong-headed. Perhaps Pippin would've been a better choice. I usually try to do the right thing, especially once it's been explained to me properly. Unsure

Annael
Immortal

Mar 4 2007, 4:21pm

Post #27 of 34 (810 views)
Shortcut
Merry for me [In reply to] Can't Post

book Merry that is. I've said it often, I'm sure he's a Capricorn. He's organized, plans ahead, thinks of others, loyal to a fault, understands maps, never seeks the limelight, is resolute & brave & does what must be done when the chips are down. Most of all, puts friendship ahead of everything.

Ciars
Rohan

Mar 5 2007, 3:44pm

Post #28 of 34 (756 views)
Shortcut
Merry! [In reply to] Can't Post

I guess I would say my prsonality's like his in a way -I'll be the first to join in with seemingly mad cap stuff and enjoy having fun as much as anyone else -once you're my friend I will stick by you but if I'm crossed, watch out! I'm loyal to a point but I will speak up if I think somethings not right! and I will finish something once I put my mind to it!!

mae govannen
Tol Eressea

Apr 7 2007, 6:49am

Post #29 of 34 (762 views)
Shortcut
A pity Galadriel didn't make it on the list! :-) [In reply to] Can't Post

She is the one I identify most with - and, luckily, that others identify me most with as well...! Both physically (especially when I am on the slimmer side!... but also when I am not) and psychologically.
I know, although she is admired, and even loved by some, she isn't as popular as, let's say, the Hobbits. It doesn't matter, I'm glad being like her a little, for she is somehow my role-model, the star I try to shine like in this Later Age... I'm not wearing white robes, but whenever it will not be too conspicuous I do like dressing in that kind of style that Arwen and also Éowyn are wearing... just because I like it so much!

Donry
Tol Eressea

May 11 2007, 12:37am

Post #30 of 34 (748 views)
Shortcut
Most of the time... [In reply to] Can't Post

I am compared to a hobbit. I tend to where bare feet a lot of the time, so my feet get a little dirty looking, so friends generally refer to me as a hobbit. Also because I've been known to have a few pints, smoke a pipe, and be merry! Those who know the characters a little better compare me a bit to Bilbo. I would agree I guess, as he's been the character I've related most to over the years. And I couldn't be happier to be compared to Mr. Bilbo Baggins.

flo

Jun 13 2007, 7:01am

Post #31 of 34 (795 views)
Shortcut
I'm thinking.. [In reply to] Can't Post

The hobbitses.

LEGIONTX
Rivendell

May 3 2009, 6:59pm

Post #32 of 34 (729 views)
Shortcut
i guess [In reply to] Can't Post

No one on here knows me but a couple of friends say I am like Eomer in the way I act. Fair but unwieding and quick to anger. Looks wise a cave troll maybeUnimpressed

Curious
Half-elven

May 5 2009, 1:33pm

Post #33 of 34 (859 views)
Shortcut
Folco Boffin. [In reply to] Can't Post

Good enough to help Frodo with the move, but not free to go with him to Crickhollow. So he missed everything that happened after that. Unsure

balinman
Rivendell

Nov 12 2009, 7:39pm

Post #34 of 34 (871 views)
Shortcut
gimli [In reply to] Can't Post

i most identify with gimli.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.