The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
SCOD - Frodo in Cirith Ungol

One Ringer
Tol Eressea

Apr 30 2014, 11:28am

Post #1 of 6 (730 views)
Shortcut
SCOD - Frodo in Cirith Ungol Can't Post

We find Frodo trapped in the highest chamber of the the tower... classic fantasy at its best. Tongue

1.) Details! This shot is full of them. It looks like Frodo has a couple scars there, eh? What sticks out to you?

2.) Any other thoughts or comments?

Sorry, everybody. Questions needed to be brief today. Currently in the midst of some jam-packed RL right now. Will be back with another screencap later this week as well as a sign-up thread! Adios! Smile

"You do not let your eyes see nor your ears hear, and that which is outside your daily life is not of account to you. Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."

BlackFox
Half-elven

Apr 30 2014, 1:34pm

Post #2 of 6 (593 views)
Shortcut
The Ring is gone! [In reply to] Can't Post

1.) Details! This shot is full of them. It looks like Frodo has a couple scars there, eh? What sticks out to you?
Yes, the scars always catch my eye in this scene. As well as the webbing on Frodo's face. Yuck! And the look in his eyes, of course! It's the moment he realizes the Ring is gone.

I like how they've made Frodo face the wall in this scene. He's in the blind, he can only tell what's going on by what he hears. This makes the whole situation a bit claustrophobic even.

Thanks for the screencap, One Ringer, and good luck with your endeavors! Smile

"Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake." - Henry David Thoreau

Starglass
Rivendell

Apr 30 2014, 5:03pm

Post #3 of 6 (577 views)
Shortcut
Poor Frodo [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, those scars caught my eye too. The one from the morgul blade looks especially nasty when he sits up. The whole screen cap just conveys a sense of distress from the look on Frodo's face, to the awkward position he's in, to the spiderwebs... I've also always noticed the stuff they used to tie his hands- it's pretty heavy-duty and looks very scratchy and uncomfortable.

I wish they spent a bit more time in the tower. In the book it was a very tense chapter. They captured the darkness well in the film but it felt a bit rushed. I especially would have liked Sam taking longer to find Frodo.

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Apr 30 2014, 7:56pm

Post #4 of 6 (556 views)
Shortcut
I wonder if this was like in the airports when they explore you to find drugs... [In reply to] Can't Post

The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true!

Harold.of.Whoa
Rivendell

May 2 2014, 2:53am

Post #5 of 6 (525 views)
Shortcut
Eeww... [In reply to] Can't Post

What catches my eye is the residual webbing on his head, and the contrast with the scene where Sam thinks he is dead. In the earlier scene, Frodo looks dead and the web looks like a funeral shroud, mostly white and almost ethereal. Here the web looks nasty and gross and Frodo looks, um...ill-used, Pirate but very much alive.

Where is the stinger wound?

Starling
Half-elven

May 2 2014, 4:11am

Post #6 of 6 (565 views)
Shortcut
The stinger wound [In reply to] Can't Post

is on the top left part of his chest, above his arm in the picture. I tend to notice the other wound, which looks like a horrible giant cigarette burn. I have always assumed it is from the ring eating away at his skin.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.