Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
We "unofficially" draw Founders Day to a Close with some Lovely Parting Gifts

weaver
Half-elven

Apr 28 2014, 2:24pm

Post #1 of 25 (453 views)
Shortcut
We "unofficially" draw Founders Day to a Close with some Lovely Parting Gifts Can't Post

"Unofficially" because there is still time to participate in any or all of the party-threads still on the boards. Remember, you aren't arriving late if you are just joining in now -- you are just here precisely when you could! It's not your fault you could not find your pocket handkerchief and got delayed!

In the true hobbit spirit, we are here to wind up our Founders Day festivities with some gift gifting!

Unwrap the FOUR “Gift Replies” to this post to see our gifts to the board, the planning team, and to everyone who participated!

(All gifts are presented by your 2014 FD Co-Chairs, weaver and kelvahrin -- enjoy!)

Weaver

(This post was edited by weaver on Apr 28 2014, 2:25pm)

weaver
Half-elven

Apr 28 2014, 2:33pm

Post #2 of 25 (402 views)
Shortcut
*First FD 2014 Gift -- For the Founders: Handcrafted Arkenstone 15th Anniversary Clock [In reply to] Can't Post

First, we have this Handcrafted Arkenstone 15th Anniversary Clock to present to our Founders!

Dear Founders, please accept this a gift from the TORn community on this 15th Anniversary occasion!

This beautiful heirloom clock was designed by DanielLB! All hail Daniel!

Weaver

weaver
Half-elven

Apr 28 2014, 2:58pm

Post #3 of 25 (384 views)
Shortcut
**Second FD 2014 Gift – Something from W-Kili and K-Fili for the Party Dwarves [In reply to] Can't Post

Our second gift is this Limited Edition Poster, presented to each of the Party Dwarves, who did all the behind the scenes planning and posting on the big day!

We thank them very much and ask them to please take a bow!

Thread Leaders
1. Rosie-with-the-Ribbons, she of the Pink Party Hood, friend of Tolkien characters and helper on secret missions
2. Arwen’s Daughter, Keeper of Material Knowledge, making a fashion statement in her Purple Hood
3. Ethel duath, Poet Laureate of TORn, and Mayor of Tolkienia, looking brilliant in blue
4. dernwyn, Mistress of the MadLib and keeper of Lore, orange you glad she was part of the team?
5. silneldor, strong in heart, who swung in with leopard skin party hood to lead a lovely tribute thread
6. OneRinger, Video Master; it’s fitting he chose red, he warmed our hearts with his Tribute video
7. Gimli’s Box, of the lost and found department, and also chief riddle assistant, standing tall for Tolkien in her forest green hood!
8. Ruxendil_Thoorg, our Music Man Dwarf, wearing his formal black tux party hood and cloak, he kept the music playing

Founders Day Team Assignments and Party Threads
9. Altaira, Lady of the Golden Hood, which gives her the power to twist your brain and make you one of Xoanon’s X-men, Corvairs Corsairs, Tehanu’s Team, or Calisuri’s Crew

Footers and Party Threads and More
10. DanielLB, looking perfect in Polka Dots – our Ace Designer, RiddleMaster, and Clockmaker! Here’s to our Party Dwarf of Many Colors!
11. Mapgie in her Brown Hoodie, giving Radagast a run for his money by keeping a much tidier nest than he for hosting footers, designing a beautiful 15 yr leaf for the Party Tree, and running the best scavenger hunt of all time!

And thanks to Gramma, Honorary Party Dwarf, for posting some last minute games – she wore an Invisible Party Hood, so that’s why she’s not on the poster!

Weaver

weaver
Half-elven

Apr 28 2014, 3:10pm

Post #4 of 25 (381 views)
Shortcut
***Third FD 2014 Gift -- Something for YOU! [In reply to] Can't Post

Our third gift is a heartfelt thanks to all who participated; every post was read, and every response appreciated! You brought the party to life, and for that we are truly grateful.

So please take your pick of one of the following six 15th Anniversary party souvenirs! You can choose from:

• Footer sticker
  • Fireworks show!
  • Key chain
  • Party mug
  • Benjamin's JRR Tolkien Award
  • Elvish donut!

(We got a deal on some of these, can you tell? Smile)

Right-click on your choice and then hit “save image as” to magically transport your choice from this board to your computer screen!

Weaver

(This post was edited by weaver on Apr 28 2014, 3:11pm)

weaver
Half-elven

Apr 28 2014, 3:16pm

Post #5 of 25 (381 views)
Shortcut
****Fourth Reply: Fourth FD 2014 Gift – It’s a Surprise [In reply to] Can't Post

Weaver here, awarding this Tiger Medal to kelvahrin!

For those who don't know, the way Founders Day gets organized is by a Chair and Co-Chair.

Each year, the Chair recruits a co-chair, who agrees to lead the FD Party the following year, in turn recruiting a new co-chair who will take over after them. That is how we keep it going!

For this year, Kel was my behind-the-scenes go-to lady for everything and took charge of the events that took the longest time to pull off – the VIP messages and 15 Favorite Moments stories. She was great!

All hail Kel, my fabulous co-chair and your 2015 FD Chair! Join me in a three-roar toast to her! Roar! Roar! Roar!

Weaver

Ethel Duath
Half-elven

Apr 28 2014, 3:18pm

Post #6 of 25 (358 views)
Shortcut
I recieved help for my braids from [In reply to] Can't Post

"The Braid Emporium" 78 Thorin's Gate Circle, Tolkien.

(I also got 50% off for, hmmm, this.)

Ethel Duath
Half-elven

Apr 28 2014, 3:40pm

Post #7 of 25 (352 views)
Shortcut
Roar!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Tiger, tiger, of the light,
(Here it's day when there it's night)
Oh what gracious hand and mind
Formed kindness, strength of heart combined? Heart

DanielLB
Immortal

Apr 28 2014, 3:43pm

Post #8 of 25 (353 views)
Shortcut
*To kelvahrin* [In reply to] Can't Post

And of course to her co-chair, weaver. Thank you for getting us all organised, and coming up with a fun-filled Founders festival.

Top job! Sly

Now that is a film poster. And Balin is my favourite Dwarf. Thanks!

(This post was edited by DanielLB on Apr 28 2014, 3:44pm)

Ethel Duath
Half-elven

Apr 28 2014, 4:29pm

Post #9 of 25 (343 views)
Shortcut
Weaver the Great! [In reply to] Can't Post

Threading the posts and posting threads with skill, tact, and enormous perseverance!

Here's the gift portrait we commissioned. Hope the artist didn't annoy you too much following you around everywhere, especially when you were working!

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Apr 28 2014, 6:40pm

Post #10 of 25 (337 views)
Shortcut
Mwahahahahaaa... :D [In reply to] Can't Post

Invisible Party Hood AND I found a Ring on the road out my front door. ;)
AWESOME JOB FELLOW DWARVES!!! *flying tackle hug!*

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - November 28, 2013
3rd draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observation List - January 2, 2014

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists (updated soon)

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Apr 28 2014, 6:41pm

Post #11 of 25 (334 views)
Shortcut
TIMELESS! [In reply to] Can't Post

That's the enchantment of our Founders... They're Timeless! *bows deeply*

sample

TIME Google Calendar

(This post was edited by grammaboodawg on Apr 28 2014, 6:41pm)

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Apr 28 2014, 6:44pm

Post #12 of 25 (332 views)
Shortcut
Hey! I collect keychains! [In reply to] Can't Post

Every Moot, Every Trip, Every adventure I've been on via TORn, I've snagged a keychain! THIS IS AWESOME!!

Thanks!

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Apr 28 2014, 6:48pm

Post #13 of 25 (333 views)
Shortcut
Roar! Roar! Roar! and a big Purrrrr.... [In reply to] Can't Post

for weaver for making Founders Day the perfect way to express our appreciation for our Fearless Leaders!

Here's a WAVES MADLY to BOTH of our Party Planners and to everyone who helped and played. YOU ALL ROCK! :D

sample

TIME Google Calendar

Alassëa Eruvande
Valinor

Apr 28 2014, 7:23pm

Post #14 of 25 (336 views)
Shortcut
weaver, just check you out! [In reply to] Can't Post

Not only do you have an avatar and a footer image, you also have images in the body of your posts, as well as posting instructions on how to obtain those images for others! I'm so proud of you I could burst! Heart Wink

I am SMAUG! I kill when I wish! I am strong, strong, STRONG!
My armor is like tenfold shields! My teeth like swords! My claws, spears!
The shock of my tail, a thunderbolt! My wings, a hurricane! And my breath, death!

cats16
Valinor

Apr 28 2014, 7:27pm

Post #15 of 25 (331 views)
Shortcut
*bows to all involved* [In reply to] Can't Post

Incredible, once again, to see the dedication and passion all of you put into this wonderful celebration of this fantastic site. I wasn't around to celebrate this weekend as much as I would have liked (so many party threads!), but reading them was a great joy nonetheless.

Thanks especially to weaver and Kel for an amazing job well done! Can't wait for FD 2015 edition!!
SmileHeart

Rosie-with-the-ribbons
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 28 2014, 8:30pm

Post #16 of 25 (316 views)
Shortcut
Roar, roar, roar [In reply to] Can't Post

To Kel

And a bit applause for you!

What a joy to help out, when all is so well organised.

And a big thank you to all the party dwarves and party go-ers for making it such a great feast!

BlackFox
Half-elven

Apr 28 2014, 8:57pm

Post #17 of 25 (314 views)
Shortcut
Many thanks to everyone involved! [In reply to] Can't Post

I thoroughly enjoyed my first Founders Day, although I didn't get to participate in the festivities quite as much as I would have liked.

"Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake." - Henry David Thoreau

silneldor
Half-elven

Apr 29 2014, 2:55am

Post #18 of 25 (300 views)
Shortcut
RRROOOAAARRRRR [In reply to] Can't Post

*coughTongue. ...And i am supposed to be a leo.

Congratulations to you Kel and also weaver. As i have said around, this year marks the best concerted team effort i have seen on TORn yet, being it about a decade.

May we all in the future continue as we may, to further the cause of the spirit of this house. May it be blessed.

Cheers!LaughSmileHeart

" 'Fair lady Goldberry!' said Frodo at last, feeling his heart move with a joy that he did not understand. He stood as he had at times stood enchanted by fair elven-voices; but the spell that was now laid upon him was different: less keen and lofty was the delight, but deeper and nearer to mortal heart; marvellous and yet not strange."

Chapter VII: In the House of Tom Bombadil; FOTR's

Faerie contains many things besides elves and fays and besides dwarfs, witches, trolls, giants or dragons; it holds the seas, the sun, the moon, the sky; and the earth, and all things that are one in it: tree and bird, water and stone, wine and bread, and ourselves, mortal men, when we are enchanted."
— J.R.R. Tolkien

Ruxendil_Thoorg
Tol Eressea

Apr 29 2014, 3:08am

Post #19 of 25 (298 views)
Shortcut
Oooh nice! *Admires self as Dwalin in the mirror* [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you, this is so very cool! *checking out my Dwalin-esque biceps*

It was fun working with you all, and thanks for letting me join in halfway into the preparations! How un-Dwalin-like of me to show up last rather than first. Blush

Heart
RT

Things overheard during games of chess in Middle-earth:

Galadriel (any and every time she advances her pawn to the last row): "In its place you would have a QUEEN!!!!" (thunder booms)

http://newboards.theonering.net/...forum_view_expanded;

Ruxendil_Thoorg
Tol Eressea

Apr 29 2014, 3:12am

Post #20 of 25 (300 views)
Shortcut
ROOOAAARRR! [In reply to] Can't Post

You're gr-r-r-r-reat!

No seriously, Kel, that was great what you pulled off. Those VIP greetings really set the bar. Bravo! and thank you!

Heart
RT

Things overheard during games of chess in Middle-earth:

Galadriel (any and every time she advances her pawn to the last row): "In its place you would have a QUEEN!!!!" (thunder booms)

http://newboards.theonering.net/...forum_view_expanded;

DaughterofLaketown
Gondor

Apr 29 2014, 3:16am

Post #21 of 25 (294 views)
Shortcut
I got an elvish doughnut. [In reply to] Can't Post

Always wanted one.

The Grey Elf
Grey Havens

Apr 29 2014, 1:00pm

Post #22 of 25 (295 views)
Shortcut
A hundred huzzahs for our founders, weaver, dear Kelvarhin and every party-planning TORn fellow!! [In reply to] Can't Post

You all set the bar pretty high for the next big Founder's Day celebration. I think this was a great success, not the least of which was truly reflecting the ME theme of what can be accomplished when so many talents join together. I'm 'shipping the lot of you!! Smile

Thanks again and high fives all around!

Elessar
Valinor

Apr 29 2014, 2:13pm

Post #23 of 25 (281 views)
Shortcut
Great gifts [In reply to] Can't Post

All of them are pretty sweet! The founders will love them for sure.Cool

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Apr 29 2014, 2:22pm

Post #24 of 25 (282 views)
Shortcut
I'm only now catching up... [In reply to] Can't Post

...and it's been great fun. Thank you to all our most excellent party-planners! Here's to TORn! Praise it with great praise!

Where now the horse and the rider? Where is the horn that was blowing?
Where is the helm and the hauberk, and the bright hair flowing?
Where is the hand on the harpstring, and the red fire glowing?
Where is the spring and the harvest and the tall corn growing?
They have passed like rain on the mountain, like a wind in the meadow;
The days have gone down in the West behind the hills into shadow....

Loresilme
Valinor

Apr 30 2014, 7:04pm

Post #25 of 25 (271 views)
Shortcut
All hail the Party Team! [In reply to] Can't Post

Riddles and drabbles
and ingenious quizzes!
Y'all are the greatest
of Middle-earth whizzes!

Thank you all for such a wonderfully fun time at the TORn 15th Anniversary Party!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.