Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
The Thranduil Appreciation Thread Part III
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Apr 27 2014, 8:11pm

Post #126 of 210 (4851 views)
Shortcut
     That reminds me... [In reply to]  

One of Thranduil's lines that I hope he gets to keep in BOFA is that backhanded compliment that he gives Bilbo about the mithril coat. IIRC, it came just after Bilbo delivered the Arkenstone to him and Bard. I don't have the book nearby at the moment, but from memory I think it went something like,

"Bilbo Baggins, you are more deserving of that coat than those that have looked more comely in it!"

For some reason, that always tickles my funny bone!Laugh

"But there’s empty cross, there’s an empty tomb
Fire and wind now sweeping in this tiny upper room
There’s a hungry world, there’s a risen King
Unlock the doors, what reason more could we ever need?
So sing with me, I dare you to
Because there’s an empty cross; there’s an empty tomb"
~Empty (Disciples)-sung by Dan Haseltine and Matt Hammitt

vanima ephel
Rivendell

Apr 27 2014, 9:41pm

Post #127 of 210 (4804 views)
Shortcut
     Thank you for the description [In reply to]  

It actually sounds like something I'd love, in spite of having watched all the AUJ extras too many times to number. (Glad I'm not alone in that. Tongue )

The second book you mention, Creatures and Characters, does not include concept art and drawings. It is photographic only, and I feel it is a companion to the Art & Design book - but if you're like me and have utterly digested the AUJ DvD appendices, there's nothing new you won't already have seen. But I do really like it as a coffee table book and the gorgeous photos, and of course the quotes from designers and crew.

Besides any new quotes from creators, I love having the photo stills. My eye doesn't always catch little details when they're in motion. In fact, I'll often miss really delightful, painfully obvious things if I haven't had the time to absorb it (as my warped mind allows).

But, right now I have the DoS: Art & Design book on order. Laugh (C&C will go on the next paycheck - if I don't happen across that new Smaug book at the local bookstore first.)

"I dissent, even at the risk of being held incorrect or not sober."

vanima ephel
Rivendell

Apr 27 2014, 9:53pm

Post #128 of 210 (4831 views)
Shortcut
     That's what we call Good Enough for Government Work [In reply to]  

Which is actually (originally) more of a compliment than it sounds. Tongue

Replace "deserving of that coat than those" with "worthy to wear the amour of elf-princes than many." And I only know that because I do happen to have a copy of The Hobbit on the bookshelf beside me. You have an excellent memory.

I don't suppose you know why I'm suddenly Tehanu's Team and you're Corvar's Corsairs? Is this a Hunger Games sort of thing? If so, I'm bowing out now, I'm so obviously outclassed. Shocked

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Apr 28 2014, 2:47am

Post #129 of 210 (4803 views)
Shortcut
     Lol. I know what you mean. My mom uses that phrase all the time [In reply to]  

Replace "deserving of that coat than those" with "worthy to wear the amour of elf-princes than many." And I only know that because I do happen to have a copy of The Hobbit on the bookshelf beside me. You have an excellent memory.

Thank you! I've only read The Hobbit twice and my last reading was back in either late December or early January, so I'm now quite proud of myself that I remembered that line as well as I did.Smile When I wrote my post about it, I thought I had totally butchered it!Shocked

I don't suppose you know why I'm suddenly Tehanu's Team and you're Corvar's Corsairs? Is this a Hunger Games sort of thing? If so, I'm bowing out now, I'm so obviously outclassed. Shocked

Yes, I was wondering about that for awhile myself, but I found the answer in one of the Feedback threads. Nothing to do with the Hunger Games (ThankfullyWink). It's actually a special thing for Founder's Day. Tehanu, Corvar, Xoanon, and Calisuri are the names of the four original founders of theonering.net. (see pic below) Apparently, whoever is in charge of the member titles decided to play with them so that instead of the normal Middle Earth locations (I was in Rohan last time I checked), we have special titles that go with the names of the founders. Along with Tehanu's Team and Corvar's Corsairs, the other two titles that some people have are Calisuri's Crew and Xoanon's X-men.

They do this kind of this all the time on special occasions, just for fun.Smile I don't know if you were here then, but on April Fool's day, all of the titles got changed to the name of crew members from Star Trek. My title changed to Nyota Uhura, Enterprise's Communications Officer!Cool Anyway, it's all temporary and the titles will go back to normal once the Founder's Day festivities are over.

(This post was edited by Eruvandi on Apr 28 2014, 2:51am)

Nimloth
Lorien

Apr 28 2014, 3:29am

Post #130 of 210 (4821 views)
Shortcut
     That crown [In reply to]  

I always thought this was an early concept crown that ultimately got changed to one we see in the film.

It would be nice to think that Feast of Firelight was filmed and may make it into the EE. I would prefer to see that than the tedious exchange between Fili and Tauriel down in the cells. Wink

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Apr 28 2014, 4:09am

Post #131 of 210 (4832 views)
Shortcut
     Ooh Cheekbones! Let's toss in Eyebrows And Lashes too [In reply to]  

All right! Welcome back! Smile

Since I don't seem to be making any headway on my "Laws and Customs" analysis (which started out as a search for reasons Tauriel would be an appropriate Captain of the Guard - or something along those lines - but has morphed into working out my personal head canon for Thranduil's Crazy Face moment), I might as well just jump back in...

Nope, not too much at all.

I would really love it if that turned out to be the case. I'd also like to see the complete outfit, the (outdoor?) throne, and maybe some of the ceremony he uses for a starlight festival. (I don't think that's asking too much. Tongue )

You mean these cheekbones?

(source)

*THUD*... and I think I got a bad bad case of eyelash envy to top it off.

And the jokes at his eyebrow game Tongue I confess to chortling too. But why do people go on about his brows? I think they suit the King to a T, don't you think?

Ahem... back to appreciation: this GIF (too big to copypasta here and I've not figured out how to reduce the size of a gif without compromising the image quality). Showcases the cheekbones, brows and lashes, plus that really enticing hint of a dimple.

Most of them do seem to be primarily for pageantry, but they also look like they'd make good weapons in a pinch - all those pointy bits and possibly sharp edges. Wink Elven leaders do tend to prefer circlets to sturdy helmets, don't they? And their particular helmets might mark them as The Leader, but the filmmakers would probably (and I would definitely) rather those beautiful cheekbones be on display.

And, yeah, everything about Thranduil is recognizable, he might as well use it all to intimidate and inspire, as appropriate.

Re: WETA books
I gotta step up my game and get my hands on them!

... and I found this! Precious, but I fear it is illegal to import weapons... *SOB*

PS: Care to weigh in the fingerbling?

Fan of both books and movies. Oh, and it seems I have severely misnamed myself... for the moment.

Thranduil Appreciation: I, II, III

Elciryamo
Rivendell

Apr 28 2014, 4:47am

Post #132 of 210 (4827 views)
Shortcut
     Definitely the sword! [In reply to]  

In Reply To
All right! Welcome back! Smile

Since I don't seem to be making any headway on my "Laws and Customs" analysis (which started out as a search for reasons Tauriel would be an appropriate Captain of the Guard - or something along those lines - but has morphed into working out my personal head canon for Thranduil's Crazy Face moment), I might as well just jump back in...

Nope, not too much at all.

I would really love it if that turned out to be the case. I'd also like to see the complete outfit, the (outdoor?) throne, and maybe some of the ceremony he uses for a starlight festival. (I don't think that's asking too much. Tongue )

You mean these cheekbones?

(source)

*THUD*... and I think I got a bad bad case of eyelash envy to top it off.

And the jokes at his eyebrow game Tongue I confess to chortling too. But why do people go on about his brows? I think they suit the King to a T, don't you think?

Ahem... back to appreciation: this GIF (too big to copypasta here and I've not figured out how to reduce the size of a gif without compromising the image quality). Showcases the cheekbones, brows and lashes, plus that really enticing hint of a dimple.

Most of them do seem to be primarily for pageantry, but they also look like they'd make good weapons in a pinch - all those pointy bits and possibly sharp edges. Wink Elven leaders do tend to prefer circlets to sturdy helmets, don't they? And their particular helmets might mark them as The Leader, but the filmmakers would probably (and I would definitely) rather those beautiful cheekbones be on display.

And, yeah, everything about Thranduil is recognizable, he might as well use it all to intimidate and inspire, as appropriate.

Re: WETA books
I gotta step up my game and get my hands on them!

... and I found this! Precious, but I fear it is illegal to import weapons... *SOB*

PS: Care to weigh in the fingerbling?

I certainly have been impressed by the Mirkwood weapon design, especially Thranduil's blade. It certainly works very well with his entourage.

Sorry to hear you can't import it :(

RandomSilvanElf
The Shire

Apr 28 2014, 9:35am

Post #133 of 210 (4786 views)
Shortcut
     Second that! [In reply to]  

I'd love to see whimsical feasting elves instead of that scene. Dorwinion for all!

I always thought this was an early concept crown that ultimately got changed to one we see in the film.

It would be nice to think that Feast of Firelight was filmed and may make it into the EE. I would prefer to see that than the tedious exchange between Fili and Tauriel down in the cells. Wink

"At this time therefore the Sindar were well-armed, and they drove off an creatures of evil, and had peace again; but Thingol’'s armouries were stored with axes and with spears and swords, and tall helms, and long coats of bright mail (...) And that proved well for Thingol in the time that was to come…"

More of my opinionated scribbles http://betweenfictionandreality.wordpress.com

https://twitter.com/Elisabetta8i8 Follow me as I re-read my way through Silmarillion, Unfinished tales, Hobbit, Lord of the Rings and everything else that was written on Middle Earth.

RandomSilvanElf
The Shire

Apr 28 2014, 9:49am

Post #134 of 210 (4786 views)
Shortcut
     <3 more Thranduil and Bilbo [In reply to]  

Also in the book it was written, if I'm not mistaken, that Bilbo, during the battle ,decides to stand with the elves, because his inner Took has awakened and if he is to die, he rather die defending the noble Elvenking :) -it was so adorable of him, I would be crazy happy if they would emphasize that... although it doesn't seem likely, alas...

One of Thranduil's lines that I hope he gets to keep in BOFA is that backhanded compliment that he gives Bilbo about the mithril coat.

"At this time therefore the Sindar were well-armed, and they drove off an creatures of evil, and had peace again; but Thingol’'s armouries were stored with axes and with spears and swords, and tall helms, and long coats of bright mail (...) And that proved well for Thingol in the time that was to come…"

https://twitter.com/Elisabetta8i8 Follow me as I re-read my way through Silmarillion, Unfinished tales, Hobbit, Lord of the Rings and everything else that was written on Middle Earth.

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Apr 28 2014, 11:18am

Post #135 of 210 (4767 views)
Shortcut
     LOL [In reply to]  

Don't imagine shuffling the lines and scenes around help either. Kingdom to run, reimaginings to keep straight... A ruler's day is never easily done is it?

Fan of both books and movies. Oh, and it seems I have severely misnamed myself... for the moment.

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Apr 28 2014, 11:53am

Post #136 of 210 (4787 views)
Shortcut
     Thanks, Kerewyn! And the elite guard's training [In reply to]  

Glad to know the truth behind the pics. Can't trust everything that's out there. Smile

The ideas of making the palace guard sinister and imposing, and going against the general impression about Elves are cool. Now I wonder: What gives them their superiority and danger? Are they the Mirkwoodian Delta Force? What training did they go through to get to wear the armour, and who dreamt up the "uniform"? How much of the whole deal were Thranduil's ideas? Does the King conduct any of the training/exercises/courses/selection procedures? Tongue

According to my 'text book', that is in fact concept art for the Elven Palace Guard. As designer Nick Keller says: "We arrived at something quite sinister and statuesque for the Elven palace guards.... I also quite liked the idea of partial, rather than full, helmets - like skull caps or masks, with veils that hid the face. They evoked a predatory bird-like quality."

And on the full masked pic you posted: "Until now Elves have always been friendly, but these guys are indifferent and superior. They're dangerous, so masking them makes them unreadable and more imposing."

Ouch! That is heavy! I'm about 7 hours north of you in Singapore, so I feel your pain. I went on a kitty-accessory Amazon shopping spree once, so much variety and so wallet-friendly even factoring in the exchange rate... until I got to checkout that is. I ended up cancelling everything because I'd have to pay US$2.50 shipping for every US$1 of stuff I bought...

I just remembered the biggest bookshop chain here, foreign as usual, usually have a sale in May/ June. I will have go and lurk around a bit and see if I can get away with some of these on discount.

Yep, they are heavy. I'm going to weigh one right now on my kitchen scales.......... ok, 3 1/4 pounds, or almost 1.5 kilograms. Wow, 50% mark-up huh? Welcome to my world! (buying pretty much anything in Australia is an expensive exercise. Our books are generally very costy here, compared with the US. But then if we buy from Amazon, we're stung with postage that can be greater than the price of the item!)

How does an Elf manage to stay incognito at all is what I wanna know Tongue

Aha! Yes, I heard he did a fair bit of hiking while in NZ.

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Apr 28 2014, 12:08pm

Post #137 of 210 (4797 views)
Shortcut
     Is this one of them? "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug Chronicles: Cloaks & Daggers " [In reply to]  

Getting a bit confused as to what is in the series now.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-hobbit-weta/1117658315?ean=9780062265708

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Apr 28 2014, 12:59pm

Post #138 of 210 (4763 views)
Shortcut
     Yeah, that dang sword [In reply to]  

Hi there, Elciryamo!
WETA has definitely done themselves proud. I'm looking into the procedures and hoping for a way to get Thranduil's sword. Otherwise, I'd have to settle for the books, or a poster Laugh

I certainly have been impressed by the Mirkwood weapon design, especially Thranduil's blade. It certainly works very well with his entourage.

Sorry to hear you can't import it :(

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Apr 28 2014, 1:03pm

Post #139 of 210 (4794 views)
Shortcut
     Hopefully it's not a discarded design [In reply to]  

Well, I would have thought an abandoned design wouldn't make it to the realisation stage? I'm just going by the rumour of the Feast of Starlight having been shot, this crown not in the TE, and the production's thinking to give Thranduil different costumes for different purposes/events. Fingers crossed!

I'm with you there! Smile I wanna see the Mirkwood Elves do something other than being belligerent and militant.

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Apr 28 2014, 1:16pm

Post #140 of 210 (4801 views)
Shortcut
     I hope they keep that and ... [In reply to]  

that bit about knowing more about Dwarves and persuading Bilbo to stay.

Also, since the "attempted burglary" bit was co-opted into a part earlier than where it appeared in the book (Chapter 10, "A Warm Welcome"), I would like to see Thranduil saying the other bits in the paragraph, and resolving his seemingly jerk behaviour with Thorin in the confrontation. Because the Elvenking does know what he's saying, and he means what he says. Cool

"Very well! We'll see! No treasure will come back through Mirkwood without my having something to say in the matter. But I expect they will all come to a bad end, and serves them right!" He at any rate did not believe in dwarves fighting and killing dragons like Smaug, and he strongly suspected attempted burglary or something like that -- which shows he was a wise elf, and wiser than the men of the town...

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Apr 28 2014, 3:06pm

Post #141 of 210 (4790 views)
Shortcut
     I don't see why not [In reply to]  

Also in the book it was written, if I'm not mistaken, that Bilbo, during the battle ,decides to stand with the elves, because his inner Took has awakened and if he is to die, he rather die defending the noble Elvenking :) -it was so adorable of him, I would be crazy happy if they would emphasize that... although it doesn't seem likely, alas...

We've already had that scene where Thranduil heard invisible Bilbo sneaking out of his chambers while he was talking to Tauriel. I feel like they wouldn't have bothered showing that if they weren't setting up later interaction between the two and that interaction could easily lead to Bilbo thinking that Thranduil is noble and that he should side with him during the battle.

Although, in the movie Thranduil currently doesn't want to get involved with the outside world, we know that something will move him to leave his realm and go to the mountain. Of course, I can't say for sure what will happen in BOFA but assuming that Thranduil continues with his current pattern of thought I don't think it would be too much of a stretch to say that he'll be like he was in the book and not want to start a war for gold (or the white gems). I'd say Bilbo would find that attitude pretty noble. And when the time for BO5A comes around, Bilbo will have to go with someone. I'm just saying...Smile

RandomSilvanElf
The Shire

Apr 28 2014, 3:15pm

Post #142 of 210 (4785 views)
Shortcut
     So maybe there's a chance [In reply to]  

We've already had that scene where Thranduil heard invisible Bilbo sneaking out of his chambers while he was talking to Tauriel.

I wonder if there's a chance that we will get more of sneaky Bilbo in EE, I'd love to see him exploring the Halls of Elvenking.

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Apr 28 2014, 3:48pm

Post #143 of 210 (4745 views)
Shortcut
     There's always hope [In reply to]  

I'd like to see more sneaky Bilbo in the EE too.Smile

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Apr 28 2014, 3:59pm

Post #144 of 210 (4765 views)
Shortcut
     Can't...Breathe... [In reply to]  

Too much fabulousness in one post! Cheekbones and eyebrows and eyelashes, Oh my! Squeeeee! *thud*

*gets up off the floor and takes a deep breath*

Sorry about that. I had a little Thrandy-overload moment. I'm better now. LolLaugh

This is one of those times when I desperately wish that someone important who works on the Hobbit movies was lurking on these boards so they could see how much Thranduil is appreciated and put more of him in the movie. Unsure *sigh*

vanima ephel
Rivendell

Apr 28 2014, 11:25pm

Post #145 of 210 (4754 views)
Shortcut
     So much pretty [In reply to]  

Fingerbling!

The Snake Ring

(@ The Noble Collection )

The Crystal Ring

The Woodland Ring

The Mirkwood Ring

They look quite different up close - compared to the 'group photo' you originally posted:

The website says they're all made of sterling silver (and the snake ring is also gold plated). Weta isn't mentioned, but I'm going to have to assume they used production photos, at least, because they do claim a "dedication" to "authenticity."

I love the Snake Ring. (If only I had an extra 150 USD laying around. Unsure) The first thing to jump to my mind looking at it is the Adam and Eve story. (Thranduil = temptation!) Of course, snake symbolism is endless. A list from one of the first sites that came up for me:

Androgyny, circle, convalescence, cunning, danger, death, deceit, destruction, divine emanation, evil, false appearance fertility, guardianship, generation, grief, health, intelligence, jealousy, lasciviousness, malice, materialism, misfortune, phallus, pleasure, power, prophecy, prudence, renewal, revenge, self- creation self -indulgence, self -sustenance sensation, sensuality, sin, subtlety, temptation, treachery, the unfathomable, universe circle, vexations, vice, wiliness, wisdom worldliness. Emblem of lightning, physicians, witchcraft.

What trait - or combination - do you think best fits?. Tongue And it looks to me like there's more than one snake making up the body of the ring, so there could be more than one ring there, fitted together like a puzzle. (The Noble version is likely one solid piece, I'm just speculating about the kind of bling I imagine Thranduil himself having.)

I don't know what to say about the Woodland ring and the Mirkwood ring. Before and after examples of the realm, perhaps? As the one looks a bit like simple brambles while the other looks like pockmarked, diseased brambles (and a bit snake-y besides). *shrugs*

I like the Crystal ring, though it looks a bit spidery, like that broach, so I probably wouldn't wear it, myself. (That's at least 300 USD saved!) I wonder what kind of crystal it's supposed to be. It looks milky, but could be clear. Quartz, maybe? Aaaaaannd, symbolism/meaning/uses for quartz, you ask?:

In the metaphysical world, Clear Quartz crystals are the supreme gift of Mother Earth. Even the smallest is imbued with the properties of a master healer teacher. Ancients believed these stones to be alive, taking a breath once every hundred years or so, and many cultures thought them to be incarnations of the Divine.

Today's healers agree, believing crystals are living beings, incredibly old and wise, and willing to communicate when an individual is open and ready to receive. Wearing, carrying or meditating with a Clear Quartz crystal opens the mind and heart to higher guidance, allowing the realm of Spirit to be transmitted and translated into the world of physical form.

Maybe that's why Thranduil is so hot to get those White Gems? Laugh

I would really love to hear LP's history for them. Who do we need to talk to, to make that happen?

(This post was edited by vanima ephel on Apr 28 2014, 11:39pm)

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Apr 29 2014, 2:26am

Post #146 of 210 (4723 views)
Shortcut
     Good point, Eruvandi. And RandonSilvanElf: there's got to be hope! [In reply to]  

The films may depart from the book and change stuff about, but whatever unhappiness bookfans have with PJ's take, I don't think anyone can disagree that the films do go in the general direction of the book plotline.

My $0.02: I want Thranduil's dialogue with Bilbo after the Battle, where he names Bilbo elf-friend and Bilbo gifts him with the gems will have to be in - for proper closure and to demonstrate Bilbo's friendship with the Elves is a universal one, rather than geography-specific to west of the Misties, and all the implications that extend beyond TH. For that scene to have the impact, the context of Bilbo sneaking around the Realm got to be better represented than just the near brush with Thranduil we got in the DoS TE.

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Apr 29 2014, 2:41am

Post #147 of 210 (4741 views)
Shortcut
     Well, if I were THAT lurker, there'd be a lot to ponder: Is Thranduil appreciated? [In reply to]  

Putting myself in those shoes: Glancing at the list of the posts in the appreciation threads, I'd just wonder if we've simply got a handful of Thranduil fanciers who are just OCD on re-reading the appreciation bits Tongue After all, there's a decent number of views, but the responses tend to be from the usual suspects (except for the blimp with the Orkish mini-discussion). Quite an anomalous phenomenon. I'd wonder what happened to the founders and first thread thralls? Did the Thranduil glamour fade? But then, on the other hand, the appreciation does seem to have longevity. This is quite the lull, the quiet before the marketing machinery rev up again. So the thread's activity is interesting in itself. No other character, even the rival king, has got an active appreciation thread or if they do, there's no multi-thread continuity of it.

Very interesting just from an analytical standpoint (sorry, analysis is an occupational quirk of lil old me).

And oh yes, for myself: Thranduil overload-moment. We got so little of him in the 2 films and yet there's all these moments. I sure hope the powers that be get the message and unleash MWOAR! Thranduil-moment THUDs.Sly

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Apr 29 2014, 2:46am)

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Apr 29 2014, 2:58am

Post #148 of 210 (4741 views)
Shortcut
     The Theory of Bling [In reply to]  

I like your ideas and observations about the rings. *ahem* my further exposition on the bling here. Between you and me, I think we might have the beginnings of a thesis here Tongue I'll see if I can collate it all later.

I have no idea. Write to LP himself? We could request an audience for research purposes. Evil

I would really love to hear LP's history for them. Who do we need to talk to, to make that happen?

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Apr 29 2014, 3:29am

Post #149 of 210 (4750 views)
Shortcut
     PS I thought this was cute [In reply to]  

Graphics: LP Roles

Wonder when we'll actually get to see Ronan in action.

Nimloth
Lorien

Apr 29 2014, 3:43am

Post #150 of 210 (4725 views)
Shortcut
     You never know... [In reply to]  

In Reply To

This is one of those times when I desperately wish that someone important who works on the Hobbit movies was lurking on these boards so they could see how much Thranduil is appreciated and put more of him in the movie. Unsure *sigh*

I understand that PJ himself has been known to read these message boards. So you never know.........

When Del Toro was director he used to post on here occasionally, which was a real treat. Cool

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.