The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: The Arena:
Azog vs The Witch King

boldog
Rohan

Apr 27 2014, 6:48am

Post #1 of 4 (2573 views)
Shortcut
Azog vs The Witch King Can't Post

I know the witch king is a sorcerer and can use magic and all that sort of stuff, but what if instead of him fighting Eowyn on the pelennor fields, he fought Azog? Im referring to the one on one combat based fight he had with Eowyn. So imagine The witch Kings Mace against Azogs mace.

thoughts? Id rather Azog win because i like him and he isnt as evil as this sorcerer

I believe that Azog and Bolg are possibly the only two orcs who may be an exception to the typical evil nature of an orc. Azog had brought up his son, well enough that he actually acknowledges him as his own son. That is a first for any orc. And Bolg sets out to march upon Erebor in vengeance of his fathers death. How many orcs will Try and avenge another dead orc? Most will just forget about the dead one. This gives me hope that Orcs, have some traits of good in them, even if it is small aspects.

Salmacis81
Tol Eressea

May 2 2014, 8:16pm

Post #2 of 4 (2412 views)
Shortcut
Ok, well you have to remember that... [In reply to] Can't Post

....Eowyn would not have been able to harm the Witch-king without Merry first stabbing him with the enchanted blade (a point completely glossed over in the movies). When Merry stabbed him in the leg with the blade of Westernesse, that made the Witch-king vulnerable, and Eowyn was able to kill him.

So unless Azog had an enchanted Numenorean or Elvish blade, then the Witch-king would utterly destroy Azog.

And what makes Azog less evil than the Witch-king?

(This post was edited by Salmacis81 on May 2 2014, 8:21pm)

Meneldor
Valinor

May 2 2014, 11:35pm

Post #3 of 4 (2415 views)
Shortcut
Azog is probably younger than the Witch-king, [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
And what makes Azog less evil than the Witch-king?

with less experience at being evil, and certainly less intelligent, so that limits his effectiveness at doing evil. He probably doesn't have as much imagination or creativity in his evil, either. So I'd say Azog is less evil because he lacks the raw ability to do the mighty evils possible for a wraith and Witch-king.

But does he have the malice, the hatred, the burning lust to match Angmar's? Only Eru can weigh their hearts and answer that.

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters; These see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep.

Ereinion Nénharma
Lorien

May 3 2014, 6:04pm

Post #4 of 4 (2453 views)
Shortcut
Definitely... [In reply to] Can't Post

the Witch-king of Angmar. Hands down. No contest.

''Do not fear the shadows, for seeing them means light is near...''

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.