Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
15th Anniversary Messages from Friends of TheOneRing.net

News from Bree
spymaster@theonering.net

Apr 26 2014, 7:36pm

Post #1 of 16 (1740 views)
Shortcut
15th Anniversary Messages from Friends of TheOneRing.net Can't Post

When our friends from within the Tolkien Community heard we're having a special birthday they sent us these lovely messages as part of our celebrations. So Happy 15th Anniversary TORn! Here's to many many more!

Love from Peckish Owl

~~~~~~~~~~~

"From all of us at the Tolkien Society, I'd like to wish a very happy birthday to TheOneRing.net. For the past 15 years you've kept us all up-to-date with the all the ups and downs of two film trilogies, and the occasional new Tolkien book, and without you we would have been lost. Thank you to each and every one of you for your hard work, and I hope to see you achieve both your 33rd and 111th birthdays!"

SHAUN GUNNER
Chairman of The Tolkien Society

~~~~~~~~~~

Congratulations on fifteen fantastically fascinating years roaming and reporting from moviedom's Middle-earth! Happy Anniversary to all my hobbity, Dwarvish and Elven friends at TORn!

Brian Sibley

~~~~~~~~~~

Congratulations on 15 years of fun, creative and informative LOTR / Hobbit info, pictures and video clips. We all really appreciate the work you do. Thank you from the team at Red Carpet Tours!

Julie James
Red Carpet Tours

~~~~~~~~~~

Wow, doesn't time fly. Fifteen Years! To the founders and all the staff of The One Ring, please accept my heartiest birthday congratulations. Your website has been an inspiration to me of all things Tolkien since the day you were born and I look forward to the next fifteen. You are, and always will be the best, the most revered and knowledgable Middle-earth website ever!

All the best, ....... Ian J Brodie MNZM

~~~~~~~~~~

I am in sunny Hawkes Bay teaching. Pretty intense with young drama students performing Saturday night. Have the best time everyone and hopefully see some of you in October.

Love Lori Dungey

~~~~~~~~~~

TheOneRing.net was born around the same time I began work on The Music of the Lord of the Rings Films. It was serendipitous timing. TORN was a window. Peering from one side, one could see the denizens of Middle-Earth; peering from the other side, one could see its fans, their curiosity, their passion, and their love. As I discovered that the project I'd taken on was far larger than I'd imagined, TORN taught me to never lose sight of either view. Congratulations to TORN on its fifteenth birthday! Here's to another 15 years of loving lessons, guidance, and celebration.

Doug Adams

~~~~~~~~~~

Thankyou TORn for many wonderful times & for the discovery of some real cool friends

Bruce Hopkins XXXXXXXXX

~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear TheOneRing.net! Unquendor, the Tolkien Society of the Netherlands, would like to congratulate TheOneRing with its 15th anniversary. It's been 15 lovely years and the enthusiasm and love that this site and its members have shown to both the literary works of J.R.R. Tolkien as well as the various movies (PJ's being the most notable) and other formats into which Tolkien's works have been cast is astounding and admirable, to say the least. A welcome addition to Tolkienfandom worldwide. Various members of our society have been active on TheOneRing for many years. The Netherlands has a long tradition in Tolkien fandom. The first translation of The Lord of the Rings was in Dutch (In de Ban van de Ring), published in 1956-57 and translated by Max Schuchart. Tolkien himself visited Rotterdam on a rare press-trip back in 1958 (you can read more about that in Letter 206). Unquendor was founded in 1981 (Unque = hollow, -ndor = land: Holland). The society publishes their magazine Lembas five times a year, hosts several festivities each year and is actively involved in the International Tolkien Fellowship. Once every two years they publish Lembas Extra, their internationally orientated academic publication. Members often visit events in other countries. One of the founding members is the current Tolkien-translator (Hobbit-moviebooks, The Legend of Sigurd & Gudrún, The Fall of Arthur), members have been working on the revision of J.E.A. Tyler's Tolkien Lexicon and the translation of the subtitles for The Desolation of Smaug. The society hopes that TheOneRing.net will continue to contribute to Tolkienfandom worldwide en mogen zij gezegend zijn zolang de tronen van de Valar blijven bestaan!

Tolkien Society Unquendor

Frank Wasmus (President)

~~~~~~~~~~~

Congratulations to TheOneRing.net on the occasion of their 15th anniversary! In the earliest days of Peter Jackson's attempts to bring J.R.R. Tolkien's epic writings to the big screen, TheOneRing.net was _the_ place to turn for news: on the scale of the effort, the writers, actors, engineers, artists, etc. I know that satisfaction levels with PJ's efforts vary about as much as the very landscape of Middle-earth itself, but the one thing on which we may all agree is that Tolkien's works are better known and appreciated now, and by a wider audience, than they have ever been. And that is due in no small part to the good work and ongoing efforts of TheOneRing.net. Cheers and congratulations!

Jef Murray, Artist, Author, and Illustrator

~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~

"To all the staff and members of ToRN many wishes on your fiftheenth anniversary. Thank you for being there all these years to inform us on all things Tolkien. Thank you for bringing together people from all over the world and building a great fan community. Even some of us in the Greek Tolkien Society first met in your forums back in year 2000. Keep up the good work and enjoy your special birthday! All the best from "The prancing Pony"!

Greek Tolkien Society

~~~~~~~~~~~

Greetings from Germany and all the best for your 15th anniversary. Thank you so much for your passion over the years. There aren't many websites driven with such commitment and profound knowledge of Tolkien's works and legacy. TheOneRing.net always has been und will be the virtual haven for so many Tolkien Fans worldwide. You've had such a deep impact on them, that a Middle-earth fandom without TORn isn't really imaginable. One of your greatest achievements is having connected the fans to the inspiring people down in New Zealand who brought us these movies. Through this you created many unforgettable moments and precious memories. The team of Herr-der-Ringe-Film.de congratulates you and wishes you all the best for the next 15 years!

To the professor!
Cheers, Cirdan

(This post was edited by Silverlode on Apr 27 2014, 1:20am)

weaver
Half-elven

Apr 27 2014, 1:49am

Post #2 of 16 (1603 views)
Shortcut
These were wonderful to see, and a certain Party Dwarf needs to be thanked! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks to Party Dwarf Kelvahrin, of the Silver Hood and Cloak, for being the great gatherer of anniversary wishes. You done good, Kel!

(And silver looks good on you, too!) Smile

Oh, and DanielLB is our master clockmaker. He does good work, doesn't he? SmileSmile

Weaver

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Apr 27 2014, 2:55am

Post #3 of 16 (1594 views)
Shortcut
Wow! This is fantastic!! :D [In reply to] Can't Post

I gasped and smiled as I moved through each and every one of these wonderful congrats and well-wishes. Fabulous!!!

THANKS TO ALL... and to Kelvarhin for gathering us together with our friends for our very special TORnivesary :)

Fantastic!!! :D

sample

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - November 28, 2013
3rd draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observation List - January 2, 2014

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists (updated soon)

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

Apr 27 2014, 2:55am

Post #4 of 16 (1602 views)
Shortcut
Tweet from Kiran Shah [In reply to] Can't Post

Little Kiran Shah ‏@littlekiranshah 45m
@theoneringnet Congrats!15 wonderful Middle-Earth years! TORn has done a fantastic job reporting & sharing knowledge from Middle-Earth.Expand

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

Apr 27 2014, 3:05am

Post #5 of 16 (1602 views)
Shortcut
Tweet from Mark Ordesky [In reply to] Can't Post

Mark Ordesky @MarkOrdesky · 5h
@theoneringnet & #LOTR will always be as one. Happy 15th! With appreciation & thanks. Great memories & more to come! #TORN15 @harveyfleming

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

Apr 27 2014, 3:11am

Post #6 of 16 (1605 views)
Shortcut
Tweet from Gothmog [In reply to] Can't Post

Gothy @LTGothmog · 6h
It is @theoneringnet's 15th birthday. I'll just slip into something sexy so I can wish them Happy Birthday #TORN15

Even Orcs love us LOL Laugh

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

Apr 27 2014, 3:31am

Post #7 of 16 (1607 views)
Shortcut
Tweet from the team at RichardArmitageNet.com [In reply to] Can't Post

RichardArmitageNet ‏@RAnetdotcom 5h
Happy Birthday to @theoneringnet! #TORN15 Collapse

Kim
Valinor

Apr 27 2014, 4:03am

Post #8 of 16 (1597 views)
Shortcut
This is so cool [In reply to] Can't Post

and I love all the tweets too!

"Jagatud rõõm on topelt rõõm - a shared joy is a double joy". ~Estonian saying

“As such, you will address His Majesty as His Majesty, the Lord of Silver Fountains, the King of Carven Stone, the King Beneath the Mountain, the Lion of Erebor, the High King of the Dwarves, the True Treasure of Erebor, the Face that Launched 10,000 Sighs, or Thorin the Majestic..."

http://newboards.theonering.net/...forum_view_collapsed

Ruxendil_Thoorg
Tol Eressea

Apr 27 2014, 5:11am

Post #9 of 16 (1583 views)
Shortcut
The big 1-5 [In reply to] Can't Post

These messages and tweets from our very important friends and contributors are truly the icing on an appropriately big honking cake.

It was really great to see each and every one! Thanks Kel for making all of that happen in fittingly marking a major milestone anniversary.

Nice work with the Arkenstone clock DanielLB! May it tick for at least another 15!

Things overheard during games of chess in Middle-earth:

Galadriel (any and every time she advances her pawn to the last row): "In its place you would have a QUEEN!!!!" (thunder booms)

http://newboards.theonering.net/...forum_view_expanded;

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Apr 27 2014, 5:13am

Post #10 of 16 (1581 views)
Shortcut
Aw, it's lovely to hear from Mark Ordesky again. [In reply to] Can't Post

He was an early champion of PJ and the films, as well as of the fans.

But that pic of Gothmog is something else again...

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

Apr 27 2014, 7:55am

Post #11 of 16 (1590 views)
Shortcut
Tweet from Royd Tolkien [In reply to] Can't Post

Royd Tolkien ‏@RoydTolkien 38m
Happy 15th @theoneringnet - I have the deepest crush on you. #TORN15 #MuchRespectCollapse

Bombadil
Half-elven

Apr 27 2014, 10:57am

Post #12 of 16 (1568 views)
Shortcut
Awesomeness Abounds... [In reply to] Can't Post

It seems that it JUST
Springs up
from the
Ground?

"Once theOneRing.net
Gets aHold of you
It Never lets go....

Goldberry Waves
from Valinor Heart

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

Apr 27 2014, 1:02pm

Post #13 of 16 (1611 views)
Shortcut
Message from Bernd Greisinger [In reply to] Can't Post

The Greisinger Museum sends his best wishes to TheOneRing.net for celebrating the 15th Anniversary.
We think (that) you will do your best in the next 15 years again.
May the ideas in your brains never run out!

Best wishes,
Bernd Greisinger
Präsident
Greisinger Museum

NottaSackville
Tol Eressea

Apr 28 2014, 12:02pm

Post #14 of 16 (1523 views)
Shortcut
Good lord, have some pity on my eyes - MY EYES! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Happiness: money matters, but less than we think and not in the way that we think. Family is important and so are friends, while envy is toxic -- and so is excessive thinking. Beaches are optional. Trust is not. Neither is gratitude. - The Geography of Bliss by Eric Weiner as summarized by Lily Fairbairn. And a bit of the Hobbit reading thrown in never hurts. - NottaSackville

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

Apr 28 2014, 12:20pm

Post #15 of 16 (1521 views)
Shortcut
Aw Notta, admit it, she's gorgeous! // [In reply to] Can't Post

LaughLaughLaughAngelic

NottaSackville
Tol Eressea

Apr 28 2014, 4:46pm

Post #16 of 16 (1526 views)
Shortcut
I'm going to need something that comes in gallons, not pints, before I can do that // [In reply to] Can't Post

Happiness: money matters, but less than we think and not in the way that we think. Family is important and so are friends, while envy is toxic -- and so is excessive thinking. Beaches are optional. Trust is not. Neither is gratitude. - The Geography of Bliss by Eric Weiner as summarized by Lily Fairbairn. And a bit of the Hobbit reading thrown in never hurts. - NottaSackville

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.