Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
3ways to watch the Hobbit...

swampB
The Shire

Apr 26, 2:08am

Views: 718
Shortcut
3ways to watch the Hobbit... Can't Post

I've seen AUJ and DOS multiple times and in different formats and they all offer a different watching experience that I like...

Reg 24 fps/bluray:
pros: high resolution and continuity with LOtR films
cons: it lacks the special effects that were purposefully shot with 3d in mind... Eg the special effects of Gandalf entrance in Goblin Town...

3d 24 fps/bluray:
pros: 3d intention remains and has that cinematic feel of normal 24fps
cons: motion is blurry and for many this causes eye strain and possible headache

3d hfr 48fps
pros: My favorite way to watch the Hobbit, No blur or strobing effect makes the action really work and 3d intention on effects remain and the CGI looks insane.
cons: you really do lose the cinematic feel, has the soap opera effect eg Inside Bards house. It's almost like you are watching a play...

Subject User Time
3ways to watch the Hobbit... swampB Send a private message to swampB Apr 26, 2:08am
    i prefer the standard bluray version, i don't like soap opera middle-earth! MouthofSauron Send a private message to MouthofSauron Apr 26, 3:28am
    48 FPS Ruxendil_Thoorg Send a private message to Ruxendil_Thoorg Apr 26, 3:58am
    On AUJ.. TheHutt Send a private message to TheHutt Apr 26, 6:24am
        Yup, agreed... Eleniel Send a private message to Eleniel Apr 26, 12:21pm
    . Elskidor Send a private message to Elskidor Apr 26, 4:01pm
    I loved the HFR 3D in DoS... Bofur01 Send a private message to Bofur01 Apr 26, 4:12pm
        Agree. NecromancerRising Send a private message to NecromancerRising Apr 26, 4:16pm
    I've still yet to see either in 48 FPS tsmith675 Send a private message to tsmith675 Apr 26, 4:16pm
    I saw it at 48 Bumblingidiot Send a private message to Bumblingidiot Apr 26, 4:56pm
    48fps is my choice Silverlode Send a private message to Silverlode Apr 26, 11:09pm
        calibration.. glor Send a private message to glor Apr 27, 4:40pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.