The Ranger Anduiel
The Shire

Apr 24 2014, 11:13pm

Post #1 of 3 (213 views)
Shortcut
How to of profile set up.. Can't Post

I am sure this can be found somewhere and please tell me if it can;
How do I get my profile to show a location ie: Triad or
What does Markup of in the signature section mean?
And is there a required size for a profile pic?

Yes tech savvy is not one of my ranger abilities...Smile

Magpie
Immortal

Apr 24 2014, 11:25pm

Post #2 of 3 (192 views)
Shortcut
a variety of answers [In reply to] Can't Post

I think the 'Help Section" you seek is here

Shortcut answers to a few of your questions...

the location is an indication of how many posts you've made. Keep posting and your location will change over time. More info at the link I gave.

There are three identifying pictures you can have: an avatar (mine will be a magpie at top left of my post)... a footer/signature image (that would be at the bottom of my post)... and a profile picture (to see that, you have to click on my nickname "Magpie" at the top left of my post. That's me on the horse).

I have walkthrough that include size limits and procedure for using an image for an avatar or footer/signature. Find the link in my footer (at the bottom of my post).

I didn't post one for the profile picture. I don't know what the size limits are ... it may less than 45 KB (I go less than 42 to be safe) which is what the limits for all other pictures posted at TORn are. And I'd say if you have a reasonable pixel dimension, you're probably safe. But a mod might have more specific info on that.

Keep asking if you need more help than this. :-)

Welcome to TORn's Message Boards. We're starting a big celebration tomorrow so definitely come back over the weekend.

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

(This post was edited by Magpie on Apr 24 2014, 11:26pm)

The Ranger Anduiel
The Shire

Apr 24 2014, 11:47pm

Post #3 of 3 (175 views)
Shortcut
Awesome [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks so much!

The more posts meaning different locations is too cool, almost like traveling through ME...

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.