HUGE Announcement from Peter Jackson's facebook page TITLE CHANGE AND DOS EE
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 Next page Last page  View All

davidjUK
Bree

Apr 24 2014, 2:39pm

Post #26 of 337 (11375 views)
Shortcut
There and Back Again [In reply to] Can't Post

About 10 minutes ago when I first read the news, I was a bit disappointed that "There and Back Again" was not going to be used. But I think "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies" is a good title and sounds more exciting. I trust Peter with these stories, so I'm sure the this is the right decision. Can't wait for December!

As for the EE, I'm excited we get some new original score from Howard! Hopefully they have put the Dol Guldur sequences as they were meant to be, and new music has had to be done for it.

Eleniel
Tol Eressea

Apr 24 2014, 2:40pm

Post #27 of 337 (11316 views)
Shortcut
And the fact that HS is scoring new music means they must have it pretty much firmed up by now... // [In reply to] Can't Post

"Choosing Trust over Doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened."
¯ Victoria Monfort

NecromancerRising
Gondor

Apr 24 2014, 2:40pm

Post #28 of 337 (11292 views)
Shortcut
I think so too. [In reply to] Can't Post

But let's not forget one crucial difference between the 2 movies.AUJ TE did not "scream" expansion,but for us,being Middle Earth lovers, any extra minute is like a small treasure.A large expansion though was not really necessary.On the contrary,DOS TE "screams" expansion and i believe PJ is aware of that.This is the main reason i think we will have our precious 25-35 minutes of an extended DOS cut.

"Obsession and narrow-mindness is the trend of the 2000's and synonyms to many Tolkien fanatics"

(This post was edited by NecromancerRising on Apr 24 2014, 2:43pm)

cats16
Half-elven

Apr 24 2014, 2:42pm

Post #29 of 337 (11280 views)
Shortcut
For sure. [In reply to] Can't Post

I would guess that the number is still *slightly* yet to be determined, just because they still have choices to make about whether to include a scene in the DOS EE or the BoFA TE. Especially given Jackson's tendency to be editing at the last minute.

But I agree that he probably has a good idea this time around what's in and out of the EE.

Annatar598
Rohan

Apr 24 2014, 2:43pm

Post #30 of 337 (11282 views)
Shortcut
That was before DOS was fully put together [In reply to] Can't Post

Though. I'm pretty sure it'll be a different editorial thing this time round.

"[Annatar598] is an overzealous apologist [for PJ]" - Certain TORn member.

Really? Alright...

Well, proud to be one I guess.

Kangi Ska
Half-elven

Apr 24 2014, 2:45pm

Post #31 of 337 (11546 views)
Shortcut
The Final Sell-out [In reply to] Can't Post

The Studios have got what they wanted all along and my sorrow deepens. KS

Kangi Ska Resident Trickster & Wicked White Crebain
Life is an adventure, not a contest.

At night you can not tell if crows are black or white.
Photobucket

cats16
Half-elven

Apr 24 2014, 2:46pm

Post #32 of 337 (11256 views)
Shortcut
Oh, definitely! [In reply to] Can't Post

I agree with you.

I simply mean that we shouldn't hold him firmly to 25 minutes, as he may choose a particular scene (say it's 6 minutes) at the last minute for the BoFA TE, instead of the DOS EE. Of course, since the EE comes out a month before the third film, this won't be happening quite so much at the last minute, compared to AUJ/DOS.

Misty Mountain Hop
Rivendell

Apr 24 2014, 2:48pm

Post #33 of 337 (11296 views)
Shortcut
Final cut?! [In reply to] Can't Post

In terms of the usual timelines for LOTR and The Hobbit, is it normal for them to have the rough final cut in place at this time? Too early? Too late?

Based on interviews and what not it seems like there will be no additional filming, just the usual ADR and other things like that. So with about 8 months until release, is that about the right time for them to be editing the final cut?

"Only, you've never done a hard day's work." - Merry

NecromancerRising
Gondor

Apr 24 2014, 2:51pm

Post #34 of 337 (11449 views)
Shortcut
How is a sellout? [In reply to] Can't Post

Isn't the new title taken from the exact same words Tolkien used in his book?If there was another title, like the rumour we had heard a week ago "Into the Fire" i would totally understand you.Right now,i fail to comprehend your objection.And that is why i would like to see why you feel that way.

"Obsession and narrow-mindness is the trend of the 2000's and synonyms to many Tolkien fanatics"

(This post was edited by NecromancerRising on Apr 24 2014, 2:53pm)

cats16
Half-elven

Apr 24 2014, 2:54pm

Post #35 of 337 (11246 views)
Shortcut
Where does it say *final* cut? [In reply to] Can't Post

The only mentioning of 'cut' talks about PJ having a cut ready to show studio heads. He never says anything about a final cut.

Arannir
Valinor

Apr 24 2014, 2:55pm

Post #36 of 337 (11263 views)
Shortcut
What exactly did they want all along? [In reply to] Can't Post

Crazy

“All good stories deserve embellishment."

Praise is subjective. And so is criticism.

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at."

Imladris18
Lorien

Apr 24 2014, 2:56pm

Post #37 of 337 (11373 views)
Shortcut
KS is known for being dramatic about these films in general. [In reply to] Can't Post

Thinks it "destroys" Tolkien or something... Any piece of Hobbit movie news that isn't something like it being canceled will deepen KS's sorrow.

wonderinglinguist
Lorien

Apr 24 2014, 3:03pm

Post #38 of 337 (11197 views)
Shortcut
Agreed [In reply to] Can't Post

As you said, it is just a name and I'm sure we'll get used to it soon. I was rather fond of There and Back Again, though, and I hope the phrase is said at some point in the film to make more of a connection to the book title in LotR.

keep smiling Smile

NecromancerRising
Gondor

Apr 24 2014, 3:04pm

Post #39 of 337 (11314 views)
Shortcut
If the words from [In reply to] Can't Post

Tolkien destroy... Tolkien, then, i can say no more!

Elarie
Grey Havens

Apr 24 2014, 3:04pm

Post #40 of 337 (11226 views)
Shortcut
So happy about the extra time in DOS EE [In reply to] Can't Post

Can't wait to see it.

Suspect the title change is a way to get more of the general audience back in the theater for the big climax by including the word "battle".

Hop to it, Radagast, we've got dark powers to sleigh.

Bernhardina
Rohan

Apr 24 2014, 3:05pm

Post #41 of 337 (11243 views)
Shortcut
I am just happy it itsn't "Into the Fire" [In reply to] Can't Post

I think Battle of Five Armies is a great title for a film. And does it matter what it is called, really? TABA and BOFA will be the same movie, just different names. I respect PJs opinion and agree with his decision Smile

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Apr 24 2014, 3:10pm

Post #42 of 337 (11176 views)
Shortcut
Yep [In reply to] Can't Post

This is a marketing move all the way. It's also a good oen. I have been very critical of WB's marketing and I think this was a smart move on their part. While There and Back Again is indeed very Tolkien, in terms of getting butts in the seats in the movie houses BoT5A will work better and generate more interest. It's a WB move all the way. Good one too.

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/13

Bombadil
Half-elven

Apr 24 2014, 3:28pm

Post #43 of 337 (11159 views)
Shortcut
One of the Nicest Parts of this Quote... [In reply to] Can't Post

"...just Jabez & I in a Dark Room in a Cave in Wellington.."

This Bodes well,
since all the extranenous
Interruptions are gone.

Jus' 2 guys having a Go @ it...
Allows PJ to Refine, Define &
Then Refine again.

JUST like any Artist...you
NEED to step a Ways BACK
& Really Look @ it,

Disengage from the Moments,
& Allow it to have a Life
of it's OWN?

Bomby & AllOfYou are
Blessed.
Heart

Remus
Lorien

Apr 24 2014, 3:28pm

Post #44 of 337 (11140 views)
Shortcut
I like it! [In reply to] Can't Post

I like the 25 minute of extended scenes in the DoS movie!

25 is a good number and it was what i expected from the first movie (AUJ).

I hope we get to see more of Sauron and Dol Guldur!

More Smaug scenes is a safe bet.

I wanna see a scene where we see Sauron walking the steps INSIDE of Bara-Dur and taking his seat upon his dark throne and summoning the eye, looking into the camera and then BAM! THE END.

-My thoughts on the best ending scene/post credit scene on TABA.

Misty Mountain Hop
Rivendell

Apr 24 2014, 3:41pm

Post #45 of 337 (11091 views)
Shortcut
I apologize... [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow, I didn't realize I used the word "final", sorry about that!

I meant to say that they had finally put together the first cut of the final film, meaning they structured everything together and have the large portion of the final film ready to be cut down.

Of course it's not even close to "Final", my bad on that one.

"Only, you've never done a hard day's work." - Merry

Brandywine
The Shire

Apr 24 2014, 3:43pm

Post #46 of 337 (11105 views)
Shortcut
BOFA [In reply to] Can't Post

I love the new title. It sounds really epic. TABA just felt wrong for the third movie.

(This post was edited by Brandywine on Apr 24 2014, 3:43pm)

Estel78
Tol Eressea

Apr 24 2014, 3:51pm

Post #47 of 337 (11108 views)
Shortcut
Like it has been stated, it's a more marketable title. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm fine with it.

Yay for over 25 minutes of footage in the DOS SEE with original music from Shore specifically written for it. Smile

Michelle Johnston
Rohan

Apr 24 2014, 4:02pm

Post #48 of 337 (11076 views)
Shortcut
Everything leads down to it which makes it the "Right" title.. [In reply to] Can't Post

The more familiar I become with DOS the more I am convinced that everything is entwined with the Battle. Dol Gulder is on the way already and all the personal story lines are set to reach their denouement at the battle.

In story telling terms the one matter which is not clear is the confrontation between the White Council and The Necromancer.

I cannot see Sauron being confronted and withdrawing before the Battle he has been revealed as having a strategic plan for the North and is moving all the pieces. Its his plan.

Are we in a two gambit mode a la Pelennor followed by Black Gate, FA followed by Dol Gulder.

Or is it all wound together with a high mythological end where the White Council (like the army of the dead) come to the aid of the Men/Elves and Dwarves.

Gandalf has made Sauron reveal himself before the latter is ready is that to force the White Council to act against Dol Gulder or draw him out in away which makes him more vulnerable.

My Dear Bilbo something is the matter with you! you are not the same hobbit that you were.

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Apr 24 2014, 4:02pm

Post #49 of 337 (11119 views)
Shortcut
The title change may be for the best. [In reply to] Can't Post

As much as I liked TH:TaBA, TH:Bo5A is a more dynamic title.

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

DanielLB
Immortal

Apr 24 2014, 4:05pm

Post #50 of 337 (11110 views)
Shortcut
Well ... it does have an extra "the". [In reply to] Can't Post

The movie title really should be The Battle of Five Armies.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.