Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
a chance PJ could go back and improve Azog in AUJ?

MouthofSauron
Tol Eressea

Apr 22 2014, 11:52pm

Post #1 of 9 (786 views)
Shortcut
a chance PJ could go back and improve Azog in AUJ? Can't Post

Don't get me wrong i enjoyed Azog in AUJ but dear lord watching how much better Azog looks in DOS…It almost seems like AUJ came out in 2001 and DOS came out now in-terms of his cgi. We know it was rushed from the AUJ appendices on the EE.

The flames of war are upon you.

tsmith675
Gondor

Apr 23 2014, 12:50am

Post #2 of 9 (484 views)
Shortcut
I was hoping his CGI would be improved for the EE. [In reply to] Can't Post

But unfortunately it wasn't. So, my guess is that no, it won't be improved if it wasn't for the EE release.

Our destiny lies above us.

MouthofSauron
Tol Eressea

Apr 23 2014, 1:08am

Post #3 of 9 (474 views)
Shortcut
yeah…bummer [In reply to] Can't Post

he just looked in DOS how he should have looked in AUJ. Azog looks like something you would see in a battle for middle-earth cutscene in AUJ!

(This post was edited by MouthofSauron on Apr 23 2014, 1:09am)

Arandir
Gondor

Apr 23 2014, 6:52am

Post #4 of 9 (399 views)
Shortcut
Absolutely no [In reply to] Can't Post

There is nothing wrong with Azog's CGI in AUJ. He's perfectly motion-captured as much as in DOS ... Wink

'A Tolkienist's Perspective' Blog
Why we Love 'Sherlock'
'How Peter Jackson inches closer to making 'The Silmarillion'

MouthofSauron
Tol Eressea

Apr 23 2014, 7:00am

Post #5 of 9 (376 views)
Shortcut
Hmmm [In reply to] Can't Post

You really think he looks the same in both? I mean the motion capture is fine in AUJ, i'm strictly speaking about the texture quality of his skin.

NecromancerRising
Gondor

Apr 23 2014, 7:07am

Post #6 of 9 (369 views)
Shortcut
Agree. [In reply to] Can't Post

Azog in DOS looks so much better.But i really do no mind his look in AUJ too,especially in his confrontation with Thorin.

"Obsession and narrow-mindness is the trend of the 2000's and synonyms to many Tolkien fanatics"

Arandir
Gondor

Apr 23 2014, 3:24pm

Post #7 of 9 (285 views)
Shortcut
Well, I'm sure that [In reply to] Can't Post

if one had to compare him in AUJ and DOS, you might find differences related to 12 months of technological advancements.

However, I still find him as convincing a character in AUJ as in DOS.

I"m particularly thinking of the Weathertop sequence. You can notice the muscle tension around his face and neck; the slight dampness of the skin and the overall facial experessions during his performance.

(Perhaps not as polished as Gollum was ,but nonetheless still very much acceptable)

First time I saw that scene in 48fps, I wondered whether it was CGI or a guy in suit!Laugh (I'm serious).

To me, so far, he still withstands the test of time from AUJ Smile

'A Tolkienist's Perspective' Blog
Why we Love 'Sherlock'
'How Peter Jackson inches closer to making 'The Silmarillion'

(This post was edited by Arandir on Apr 23 2014, 3:25pm)

Oscarilbo
Lorien

Apr 24 2014, 2:15pm

Post #8 of 9 (198 views)
Shortcut
well... [In reply to] Can't Post

I think texture is perfectly fine and very realistic...

Have you seen it in bluray fullHD in 60+ tv screen ?

I think the whole color palette of AUJ makes you think Azog looks faker, but it is not, absolutely not.

I think in that case PJ should go back to the original trilogy and make little (or big) adjustments here and there, because when the day comes where we can see the 6 movies in chronological order, many things in the original trilogy will just scream OLD...

"The World is Changed, I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air"

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Apr 28 2014, 10:51am

Post #9 of 9 (152 views)
Shortcut
Or maybe remove him entirely?// [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.