Elrond's armor

Óintment
The Shire

Apr 22 2014, 2:48pm

Post #1 of 8 (1416 views)
Shortcut
Elrond's armor Can't Post

heey guys,

i just was finding myself looking for some behind the scene stuff from the elves, cause i love the work terry notary did on them their moves are so beautiful to see, when i noticed elrond in armor, different In my opinion than it was at the last alliance, on the slopes of mount doom, more silver i guess. (not sure if it isn't the one which he wears when he arrives in rivendell after he murdered some orcs, hope not so would make me a terrible fan ;)

what do you think about it was the golden version of it better?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udPqYO2ev1Q (0:44)

Pick up line: Are you an Ork, cause you make my sting Glow!

(This post was edited by Ataahua on Apr 22 2014, 7:23pm)

Imladris18
Lorien

Apr 22 2014, 2:56pm

Post #2 of 8 (979 views)
Shortcut
Fantastic username by the way. [In reply to] Can't Post

I am looking forward to possibly seeing Elrond in action outside of the short scenes we got of the Last Alliance.

(This post was edited by Imladris18 on Apr 22 2014, 2:56pm)

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Apr 22 2014, 3:07pm

Post #3 of 8 (1004 views)
Shortcut
That behind the scenes segment is one of my favorites [In reply to] Can't Post

I love the way the elves are done in these movies, both TH and LOTR. They're so beautiful, graceful and ethereal.

Re: the armor. I agree that the armor Elrond wears when he arrives in Rivendell is different from what he wore in the Last Alliance although they are made in a similar style. The Last Alliance armor was definitely gold, and the Rivendell armor is silver. Frankly, I love both versions equally as Elrond looks pretty darned good in armor no matter what color it is!Blush

IIRC, in the appendices material from the FOTR EE, they said that the Last Aliance armor was done in gold to reflect the fact that the age of the elves was at in its "Spring" at that time. It was literally their golden years. By the time TH happens, the elves are just beginning to diminish a little more as the age of men approaches. They are in the midst of "Summer" both literally and figuratively, so it makes sense that the armor would be changed to silver in keeping with the theme.

Btw: before I saw that behind the scenes bit that you linked to, I had never seen Hugo Weaving out of character before. I had no idea how funny he is! Lol! He seems like a really great guy in RL.Smile

"But there’s empty cross, there’s an empty tomb
Fire and wind now sweeping in this tiny upper room
There’s a hungry world, there’s a risen King
Unlock the doors, what reason more could we ever need?
So sing with me, I dare you to
Because there’s an empty cross; there’s an empty tomb"
~Empty (Disciples)-sung by Dan Haseltine and Matt Hammitt

Defiant
Bree

Apr 22 2014, 9:47pm

Post #4 of 8 (845 views)
Shortcut
They talk about this stuff in the Chronicle books ... [In reply to] Can't Post

... Chronicle 1: Art & Design for the first film, IIRC - the brown covered one in the series. It has concept art of the new silver and copper armour. The next Chronicle book (Cloaks & Daggers) is coming out later this year is about costumes and props so I would expect there will be more in there too.

Loresilme
Valinor

Apr 23 2014, 1:06pm

Post #5 of 8 (740 views)
Shortcut
Me too! [In reply to] Can't Post

I really liked this particular one, I'd never watched it before. I also liked seeing Hugo Weaving out of character like that. You realize what great actors these people are, when you see them out of character and you get such a shock.
Well, and in this case, a good shock Smile. So funny and friendly. And he was so kind to help Brett with that scene. Poor Brett! I can't imagine that kind of pressure. I'm glad he finally pulled it off!

Óintment
The Shire

Apr 23 2014, 4:23pm

Post #6 of 8 (736 views)
Shortcut
considering hugo weaving [In reply to] Can't Post

cuz he plays mostly serious roles it is quite funny when he is out of role playing Count dracula like a bat,

my username is based on what john called said about his way portaying ion 'i would like to see, that ion invented the ointment'

Pick up line: Are you an Ork, cause you make my sting Glow!

Ilaras
The Shire

Apr 24 2014, 1:33am

Post #7 of 8 (697 views)
Shortcut
love [In reply to] Can't Post

I love his new armor, I mean the elven warrior's armor in AUJ are silver with some blues and red, so it makes sense that they'd match.

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Apr 24 2014, 2:04am

Post #8 of 8 (721 views)
Shortcut
Nice look at his armour [In reply to] Can't Post

And the BTS itself is great. Hoping to see one for the Elves in DOS, especially Thranduil. Sly Thanks, Ointment!

Fan of both books and movies. Oh, and it seems I have severely misnamed myself... for the moment.

Thranduil Appreciation: I, II, III

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.