Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Finnish Paper/Blog Further Confirms Del Toro

calisuri
PTB

Feb 6 2008, 2:45pm

Post #1 of 8 (1513 views)
Shortcut
Finnish Paper/Blog Further Confirms Del Toro Can't Post

Del ToroReporter Jussi Ahlroth from Finland's Helsingin Sanomat sends us an email today detailing a conversation with Guillermo Del Toro's casting director, Jeremy Zimmerman.

"I met today Jeremy Zimmerman, who has done the casting for Guillermo Del Toro's four films. He's known Del Toro four six years and says they are "mates". I asked him if Del Toro will direct The Hobbit. He was a bit taken back, almost surprised that I would even ask. "Yes, yes, he's doing it." After a while he said: "He's got the Ring", and smiled."

Chalk this up as further proof that Del Toro is going to be directing 'The Hobbit' films. Thanks to Jussi for sending along the tip and great news! [Jussi's Blog]

The Mysterious Calisuri

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Feb 6 2008, 3:08pm

Post #2 of 8 (762 views)
Shortcut
"He's got the Ring!" [In reply to] Can't Post

EXCELLENT!!!!!

I've been listening to his commentary of Pans Labyrinth, and he's amazing! This is the best news since Peter said YES to Executive Producer.

THANK YOU! It's a done deal, fersher!

sample sample
Trust him... The Hobbit is coming!

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

TORn's Observations Lists

Elven
Valinor

Feb 6 2008, 3:14pm

Post #3 of 8 (685 views)
Shortcut
A little closer ... [In reply to] Can't Post

we must be getting pretty close to some sort of formal announcement about all of this ...
but its great to see another update, and some more news!

Thanks calisuri!!

The Shire was never the same after
Barbra Cartland moved into Bagshot Row.

Tolkien was a Capricorn!
The Hobbit!!
Its a Happening Thing!!

Russell Crowe for Beorn

Sauruman: "Do know how the fan girls/boys first came into being? ... they were Tolkien scholars once ... Taken by the Dark Director, tempted to hold moots & dress up like Hobbits, Elves, Dwarves and Wizards ... A ruined & terrible form of life, not to mentions bad grades ... and now perfected at TORN ...
Whom do you serve!"

ArathornJax
Lorien

Feb 6 2008, 10:31pm

Post #4 of 8 (660 views)
Shortcut
As soon as the writers strike is done . . . [In reply to] Can't Post

I heard that the union reps are meeting with the writers on Saturday to give them the terms and to vote. If the writers agree I think we'll see something by the end of Feb or early March.

Let us then be up and doing
With a heart for any fate;
Still achieving, still pursuing,
Learn to labor and to wait.

H.W. Longfellow

Sunflower
Valinor

Feb 6 2008, 11:26pm

Post #5 of 8 (628 views)
Shortcut
Oh yes [In reply to] Can't Post

Nikki Finke's site deadlinehollywooddaily.com (Deadline Hollywood) is an excellent place to follow up on this. Plus, she really can't stand New Line's current leadership:)

bowencm
Rivendell

Feb 7 2008, 7:30pm

Post #6 of 8 (619 views)
Shortcut
quick email from del toro... [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.deltorofilms.com/...p?announcementid=610

The Wicked Lute Tavern
The Shire

Feb 7 2008, 11:12pm

Post #7 of 8 (599 views)
Shortcut
Ladi Dah....WHAT JUST HAPPENED!?!?! [In reply to] Can't Post

Whoa! That was unexpected. I'm excited. Why don't we all say, "WHOOT WHOOT!" (Don't go all around sounding like owls now Wink)
I can't wait. I will definately go to the midnight premiere of the Hobbit. Who's with me!?

Yay....yay...yay...yay...yay...yay...yay.... What were we wooing about? Wink

Music and merry drinking at the Wicked Lute Tavern!

mwirkk
Rohan

Feb 8 2008, 12:19am

Post #8 of 8 (584 views)
Shortcut
I just wish... [In reply to] Can't Post

...he would have not said anything until it was a done deal and announced officially. There would have been ample time for excitement later.

Unless, of course, the leak was an intentional move, orchestrated from behind the scenes, for what reasons we yet know not.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.