The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
So Easter

DaughterofLaketown
Gondor

Apr 20 2014, 1:20pm

Post #1 of 20 (872 views)
Shortcut
So Easter Can't Post

First off Happy Easter to everyone! Hope you all have a nice day. Any plans for today? I'll be spending it at my grandmother's. Any visits from the Easter bunny?

BlackFox
Half-elven

Apr 20 2014, 1:50pm

Post #2 of 20 (787 views)
Shortcut
No festivities for me, I'm afraid [In reply to] Can't Post

I lost a good few days to this nasty cold I caught earlier this week, which means I'll be trying to catch up on my school work instead. Frown
Nonetheless... HAPPY EASTER! Smile

"Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake." - Henry David Thoreau

Annael
Immortal

Apr 20 2014, 2:14pm

Post #3 of 20 (770 views)
Shortcut
I have bunnies in my yard [In reply to] Can't Post

all the time Wink

May dress up, put on a hat, & go to church . . . or I may just garden, which is my real church.

The way we imagine our lives is the way we are going to go on living our lives.

- James Hillman, Healing Fiction

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

DaughterofLaketown
Gondor

Apr 20 2014, 2:29pm

Post #4 of 20 (763 views)
Shortcut
Cute [In reply to] Can't Post

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Apr 20 2014, 2:51pm

Post #5 of 20 (763 views)
Shortcut
Happy Easter! [In reply to] Can't Post

I seem to have picked up a bug (possibly at UBCon), so we are spending a quiet Easter at home instead of visiting relatives.

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

Elanor of Rohan
Lorien

Apr 20 2014, 3:46pm

Post #6 of 20 (766 views)
Shortcut
Happy Easter! [In reply to] Can't Post

Beautiful sunny day, Mass and lunch with home made (by myself Angelic) lasagne.
Tomorrow, the traditional day out in the countryside with friends and barbecue.

Starglass
Rivendell

Apr 20 2014, 4:49pm

Post #7 of 20 (745 views)
Shortcut
Lasagne! [In reply to] Can't Post

I was craving lasagne for Easter this year for some reason... Alas, we're having ham instead. Enjoy your meal- it sounds delicious and I'm jealous! Tongue

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Apr 20 2014, 6:09pm

Post #8 of 20 (736 views)
Shortcut
Happy Easter to you too. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Ruxendil_Thoorg
Tol Eressea

Apr 20 2014, 6:36pm

Post #9 of 20 (731 views)
Shortcut
Happy Easter to all! [In reply to] Can't Post

My kids have found almost all of the eggs so far...I just saw a green one where the Bunny left it. It's a pleasant sunny spring day here. Doing some routine house chores, otherwise relaxing. The kids are watching The Incredibles for their first time. Can't complain.

Things overheard during games of chess in Middle-earth:

Galadriel (any and every time she advances her pawn to the last row): "In its place you would have a QUEEN!!!!" (thunder booms)

http://newboards.theonering.net/...forum_view_expanded;

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 20 2014, 8:40pm

Post #10 of 20 (721 views)
Shortcut
Happy Easter everyone! [In reply to] Can't Post

Had a nice Easter service, then did some visiting - to our choir director's 29 puppies (their 3 labs had litters within a week of each other). They're AKC breeders, and all but 4 are spoken for! They like to have people come and socialize with the pups when they're old enough, so Geeky Son and I got slobbered this afternoon. (Next week the prospective owners have to get together for a training session on how to raise puppies.)

The bunny left a small basket of chocolate eggs and gummi bunnies and Peeps for the family to share.

We've also got something floral. At our church we can order Easter Lilies, tulips, daffodils, or azaleas in honor or memory of someone for Easter, so this year we ordered an azalea, which I'll be planting in our back yard. Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Apr 20 2014, 9:01pm

Post #11 of 20 (720 views)
Shortcut
Happy Easter to all! [In reply to] Can't Post

This place near where I live called the "Missionary Learning Center" (not the official name, but it's what we locals call it) has an outdoor sunrise service every Easter, so I got up at 6 a.m. so I could get over there by 7. I'm not exactly a morning person, but the sunrise service is so beautiful, it's always worth it.Evil The Missionary Learning Center is located near a bunch of farm land so there are picturesque pastures with cows and horses and they hold the service by this big ol' lake that reflects the sun as it rises above the trees. The higher the sun gets in the sky, the more the ducks, geese, cows and horses wake up and decide they're going to sing along with hymns. Lol. I love it!LaughHeart

Anyway, after my mom and I went to the sunrise service we came home to eat breakfast then headed to our normal church to help teach the first grade Sunday school as usual. The kids were a little more hyper than usual today. I think they must have eaten some of their Easter candy before coming to church! Then we went to the usual 11 a.m. service. Our music director had picked out some gorgeous songs for Easter. It was a very nice service.Smile

Now I'm back at home about to fall asleep after having eaten my family's traditional Easter lunch of lamb, rolls, vegetables, etc. Oh, and I've already eaten WAY too much of the candy that the Easter bunny brought me! I guess I'll just be relaxing for awhile before I have to try to make some progress on the school assignments that are due tomorrow.

"But there’s empty cross, there’s an empty tomb
Fire and wind now sweeping in this tiny upper room
There’s a hungry world, there’s a risen King
Unlock the doors, what reason more could we ever need?
So sing with me, I dare you to
Because there’s an empty cross; there’s an empty tomb"
~Empty (Disciples)-sung by Dan Haseltine and Matt Hammitt

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Apr 20 2014, 11:36pm

Post #12 of 20 (718 views)
Shortcut
Family, Family Everywhere :D [In reply to] Can't Post

laughter, food, and lots of time with the best family in the world!

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - November 28, 2013
3rd draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observation List - January 2, 2014

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists (updated soon)

Ethel Duath
Half-elven

Apr 21 2014, 2:37am

Post #13 of 20 (714 views)
Shortcut
In the words of the song, [In reply to] Can't Post

"May it Be." SmileSmile

Patty
Immortal

Apr 21 2014, 6:01pm

Post #14 of 20 (691 views)
Shortcut
I'm a day late… [In reply to] Can't Post

And, as always, a dollar short. But I hope everyone's Easter was blessed with much happiness.

Permanent address: Into the West

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Apr 21 2014, 9:50pm

Post #15 of 20 (698 views)
Shortcut
We went to the mountains after church. [In reply to] Can't Post

photos

Oh, and we also got up early to see the sunrise at a nearby lake, before church: more photos

And we listened to Muppet Christ Superstar. Some might find it offensive, I suppose, but I loved it so much.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
"A Chance Meeting at Rivendell" and other stories

leleni at hotmail dot com

(This post was edited by Aunt Dora Baggins on Apr 21 2014, 9:55pm)

BlackFox
Half-elven

Apr 21 2014, 10:08pm

Post #16 of 20 (680 views)
Shortcut
Gorgeous photos! // [In reply to] Can't Post

"Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake." - Henry David Thoreau

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Apr 22 2014, 12:12am

Post #17 of 20 (676 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! I was trying out a new camera. [In reply to] Can't Post

It's a little Canon Powershot, and was given to me by my workplace in honor of 30 years of service :-)

"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
"A Chance Meeting at Rivendell" and other stories

leleni at hotmail dot com

Ethel Duath
Half-elven

Apr 23 2014, 1:37am

Post #18 of 20 (673 views)
Shortcut
Ahh! I long for Longs. [In reply to] Can't Post

I have never seen it with that much snow (since I'm only there in the summer). He looks great, all frosted and Zirak-Zigal-ish!!

And what a perfect sunrise.SmileSmileSmile

Cirashala
Valinor

Apr 24 2014, 6:30am

Post #19 of 20 (653 views)
Shortcut
been so swamped I just now saw this post! [In reply to] Can't Post

My Easter was great Sly

We went to church, after spending 5 days (my part) making matching long teal flower covered dresses for myself and my girls, with lace on the sleeves and collars. Had service, then potluck downstairs with FANTASTIC food (my church has a LOT of good cooks Smile), then outside for the Easter egg hunt for the kids.

My girls were adorable (almost 5 and just turned 2). During the egg hunt, my youngest saw a baby (not even 6 months old, I don't think- she was sitting on the grass with her daddy just watching the fun and not crawling) and saw that the baby didn't have any eggs, so she picked one up and gave it to her Evil And after the little kids (4 and under) had a fair shot at that section, the big kids came over there and continued their hunt. Normally the two age groups are separated, but this year the big kids ran out of eggs before everyone got some. Well, THEY knew that the plastic eggs had candy in them, so just grabbed the candy and left the egg shells on the ground. My 2 year old went through and WOULD NOT STOP until ALL the plastic egg shells were picked up and put in her overflowing basket! In her defense, we did say pick up the EGGS Wink It was so funny! She followed directions Cool

After we left church (and said bye to my parents, sister, and grandmother who came to our church for the service/potluck/egg hunt), we stopped by home to grab some things before heading over to my inlaws. My eldest decided to take two of her pretty eggs (the church ones were regular plastic eggs, but my grandmother gave them baskets with shiny pretty eggs in it) with the candy still inside, plus some flowers from the bushes in our yard, to two of my neighbors for Easter Smile It was all her idea, and they were very appreciative Smile

The girls SCORED from her random act of kindness (without even knowing it)- the next day, one of the neighbors she gave an egg and flowers to knocked on the door- with two bags, one for each child- (this is in EACH)- TWO giant chocolate bunnies, two small chocolate bunnies, two boxes of malt eggs, and a plastic egg with candy inside!

So I stuck the giant bunnies in the freezer (4 total), and added the rest of it to the already full mixing bowl of candy in the pantry (which they now know is there, so I had to lock it to keep them from eating it all!).

I am so proud of my girls Smile

It was a very good day Smile

Rembrethil
Tol Eressea

Apr 25 2014, 1:28am

Post #20 of 20 (651 views)
Shortcut
Sounds like perfect day! [In reply to] Can't Post

Evil

Call me Rem, and remember, not all who ramble are lost...Uh...where was I?

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.