The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
McCoy Playing the Spoons?

joec_34
Rivendell

Apr 17 2014, 3:31pm

Post #1 of 8 (681 views)
Shortcut
McCoy Playing the Spoons? Can't Post

In one of the "appendices" discs of AUJ EE, Sylvester McCoy talks about trying to work the spoons into the movies. I haven't noticed Radagast playing the spoons in either of the two movies yet. Did I miss it? Do you think that Radagast will have a moment to play the spoons in TABA? I, for one, hope that he gets the chance to do so--tastefully, of course.

"Happy painting and God bless, my friend." - Bob Ross

Name
Rohan

Apr 17 2014, 3:34pm

Post #2 of 8 (503 views)
Shortcut
LOLOLOLOLOLOL [In reply to] Can't Post

LaughSlyLaughSlyLaugh

PJ's bringing it on hard core!

How many Tolkien fans does it take to change a light bulb?

"Change? Oh my god, what do you mean change?! Never, never, never......"

deskp
Lorien

Apr 17 2014, 9:05pm

Post #3 of 8 (389 views)
Shortcut
eh [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope he does not get to do it.

but there could be an oppertunity in rivendell or Lothrlorien.

Whens hes going to ask for Galadriel, there could be some spoons available he'll havea go at.

I think its too silly however and do not want it.

droidsocket
Lorien

Apr 17 2014, 9:34pm

Post #4 of 8 (380 views)
Shortcut
My vote.... [In reply to] Can't Post

The end credits could role over Radagast playing his spoons the whole time!!!!

Eleniel
Tol Eressea

Apr 17 2014, 9:42pm

Post #5 of 8 (380 views)
Shortcut
Maybe it wasn't Lobelia... [In reply to] Can't Post

...who took the spoons after all! Shocked

"Choosing Trust over Doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened."
¯ Victoria Monfort

Barrow-Wight
Rohan

Apr 18 2014, 1:58am

Post #6 of 8 (344 views)
Shortcut
I want to see it! [In reply to] Can't Post

lol I must be the only one hoping to see this I'm a fan of spoon playing I want to try to learn how to play them myself. Anyway I think that if he were to put them in somewhere it would be during a discussion between the white council Radagast would be off in a corner oblivious to the discussion (because he forgot what he was there for) and Saruman yells at him for doing something so silly whilst the fate of Middle-Earth was being decided lol

Radagast-Aiwendil
Gondor

Apr 18 2014, 10:13am

Post #7 of 8 (324 views)
Shortcut
The spoons *may* already be in the first film [In reply to] Can't Post

Listen to the 'Radagast the Brown' theme, at about 50 seconds in as the track quickens there is a clicking in the background which sounds just like the instrument in question (trust me, I'm a spoon-player myself), though it may be another instrument that produces a similar sound. Could it be that McCoy subtlety managed to include the spoons and has not mentioned it, waiting to see if someone will notice?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNUMP1WmBB8
Whilst we're on the subject, have a look at this thread that I put up on the subject about a year or so ago-it remains my all-time favourite thread and is a must-read if you're into pun-related jokes! Wink
http://newboards.theonering.net/...tring=spoons;#476733

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."-Gandalf

joec_34
Rivendell

Apr 20 2014, 4:16am

Post #8 of 8 (250 views)
Shortcut
Funny Stuff [In reply to] Can't Post

I discovered that thread via the search before I posted. Funny stuff. Thanks for the insight on the potential spoon playing, that's exactly the sort of thing that I hoped someone had noticed!

"Happy painting and God bless, my friend." - Bob Ross

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.