Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
*looks around, unlocks doors* Welcome to Friday Fiesta!
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Apr 18 2014, 4:56pm

Post #1 of 47 (1060 views)
Shortcut
*looks around, unlocks doors* Welcome to Friday Fiesta! Can't Post

Hey, everyone!

Sorry for the delay-- looks like I'll have to open the festivities today. :)

As always, please feel free to choose your food/drink/music/etc., and tell us about your past week and/or upcoming weekend! :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Eventides' Website: ListenUpReviews.com - Rockin' Choices In Entertainment!
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 18 2014, 4:59pm

Post #2 of 47 (1125 views)
Shortcut
Fiesta Friday Founders Day Preview Special [In reply to] Can't Post

What could be more fun than Fiesta Friday? A Founders’ Day Fiesta Friday!

Next weekend we celebrate Founders’ Day, TORn’s official holiday, which commemorates the founding of this most remarkable site.

And this year we have a Very Special Celebration, TORn will be *15* years old. An excellent reason to get together to eat, drink, be Merry, and have a blast!

Events will kick off with a Special Founders’ Day Fiesta next Friday, April 25 and continue on into the wee hours of Saturday, April 26.

Lots of fun and games are planned - please stop by and enjoy the party! The larder is stocked...

The cooks are busily preparing the feast…

There will be goodies aplenty…

So come and raise a mug with your fellow TORnfolks, it will be a Party of Special Magnificence!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

(This post was edited by dernwyn on Apr 18 2014, 5:00pm)

Altaira
Superuser

Apr 18 2014, 5:02pm

Post #3 of 47 (964 views)
Shortcut
Sorry for the delay! [In reply to] Can't Post

I was called into a meeting at the worst possible time. Shocked And, it was a l-o-o-o-o-ng meeting. Frown

Thanks, Evy (and dernwyn via email) for begin on top of it!

Another weekend of work, work, work for me. I think I'll have a double single malt scotch on the rocks to settle my nerves. Laugh

Happy weekend, everyone!

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 18 2014, 5:06pm

Post #4 of 47 (948 views)
Shortcut
Oh, no! [In reply to] Can't Post

Are you sure you don't need a "triple"? It sounds like they're putting you to the grindstone!

I hope you're able to find some time to relax this weekend. Any snow left out there?

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Apr 18 2014, 5:10pm

Post #5 of 47 (947 views)
Shortcut
Well, I *was* a little worried... [In reply to] Can't Post

Glad it was just a meeting, LOL, even if it was an unpleasant one. :)

*gets glass*

Hope you have a great weekend, Altaira!

"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 18 2014, 5:10pm

Post #6 of 47 (949 views)
Shortcut
Almost forgot... [In reply to] Can't Post

...to order! I'll just have some coffee with a bit of cocoa powder and milk, please, Evey.

Hubby had minor knee surgery yesterday, to repair a torn meniscus tendon, so I have to make sure he "behaves" and uses crutches when standing. (When he can stand - the percoset leaves him rather woozy!) Doctor said all looks good!

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Apr 18 2014, 5:12pm

Post #7 of 47 (944 views)
Shortcut
Yikes! [In reply to] Can't Post

*pours*

Hope he heals quickly, and hope you have a great weekend, dernwyn! :)

John Reuben.

Family Force 5.

Showbread.

Meneldor
Valinor

Apr 18 2014, 5:15pm

Post #8 of 47 (960 views)
Shortcut
Last night was opening night for our Passion Play. [In reply to] Can't Post

Everyone seemed to think it went really well. Smile Tonight is closing night. Once more with feeling!

Apparently my Judas is creepy. Can you believe it?!

If anybody wants me, I'll just be hanging around.

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters; These see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep.

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 18 2014, 5:17pm

Post #9 of 47 (942 views)
Shortcut
What's funny [In reply to] Can't Post

He's been hoping he's not doing well enough on Monday to go back to work, so he can watch the Boston Marathon when it's being televised.

The nurse told me that as he was coming out of the anesthetic, he told them he was going to be running in the Boston Marathon on Monday! They told him, "we don't think so..." Laugh

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 18 2014, 5:22pm

Post #10 of 47 (951 views)
Shortcut
Ew... [In reply to] Can't Post

That has got to be one of the worst puns ever, Meneldor...Tongue

But glad everyone is appreciating the Play! Yeah, I agree, that outfit is creepy!

Darkstone
Immortal

Apr 18 2014, 5:28pm

Post #11 of 47 (950 views)
Shortcut
"Judas is busting out all over!" [In reply to] Can't Post

Rodgers & Hammerstein's "Acts 1:18".

https://www.facebook.com/slatesforsarah

(This post was edited by Darkstone on Apr 18 2014, 5:35pm)

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Apr 18 2014, 5:29pm

Post #12 of 47 (943 views)
Shortcut
*snort* [In reply to] Can't Post

...Nice pun, there. :P :D

*gets drink-of-choice*

Glad your play went well! Hope it goes just as well again tonight, and hope you have a great weekend as well, Meneldor! :)

John Reuben.

Family Force 5.

Showbread.

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 18 2014, 5:33pm

Post #13 of 47 (942 views)
Shortcut
Double-ew! [In reply to] Can't Post

Fortunately, Meneldor didn't have to re-enact THAT version! TongueTongue

Darkstone
Immortal

Apr 18 2014, 5:33pm

Post #14 of 47 (950 views)
Shortcut
Rum and Dr. Pepper [In reply to] Can't Post

Finished remodeling and re-wiring the bathrooms. Didn't electocute myself or burn the house down. Gotta celebrate the win-win.

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Apr 18 2014, 5:39pm

Post #15 of 47 (940 views)
Shortcut
Heh. :) [In reply to] Can't Post

That is definitely something to celebrate! :)

*pours*

Congrats on the successful remodel, and I hope you have a great weekend, Darkstone!

John Reuben.

Family Force 5.

Showbread.

BlackFox
Half-elven

Apr 18 2014, 5:45pm

Post #16 of 47 (950 views)
Shortcut
It hasn't been a very good week for me [In reply to] Can't Post

I managed to catch a cold a couple of days ago. Right before the holidays as usual! Frown

"Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake." - Henry David Thoreau

(This post was edited by BlackFox on Apr 18 2014, 5:45pm)

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 18 2014, 5:50pm

Post #17 of 47 (931 views)
Shortcut
That's one job [In reply to] Can't Post

that's always a relief to finish! Everything working properly?

BlackFox
Half-elven

Apr 18 2014, 5:52pm

Post #18 of 47 (929 views)
Shortcut
You'll be starring in my nightmares tonight! ;) // [In reply to] Can't Post

Darkstone
Immortal

Apr 18 2014, 5:53pm

Post #19 of 47 (929 views)
Shortcut
So far everything's working. [In reply to] Can't Post

Everything's getting a good test run this weekend what with Easter and all.

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 18 2014, 5:56pm

Post #20 of 47 (928 views)
Shortcut
That's no fun! [In reply to] Can't Post

I hop you can stay warm and get lots of rest!

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 18 2014, 5:57pm

Post #21 of 47 (927 views)
Shortcut
It sounds like [In reply to] Can't Post

you're expecting a houseful of company! Are you planning an Easter egg hunt?

BlackFox
Half-elven

Apr 18 2014, 6:00pm

Post #22 of 47 (920 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! That's the plan! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Darkstone
Immortal

Apr 18 2014, 6:03pm

Post #23 of 47 (922 views)
Shortcut
Yep [In reply to] Can't Post

Boil eggs and decorate them all day tomorrow. Put them out Sunday morning and release the kids. Always do an egg count first as I hate finding a missing one in August...

You doing anything Easterling this year?

(This post was edited by Darkstone on Apr 18 2014, 6:04pm)

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Apr 18 2014, 6:16pm

Post #24 of 47 (923 views)
Shortcut
Aw... [In reply to] Can't Post

*gets healing-drink-of-choice*

Hope you get well soon, BlackFox!

John Reuben.

Family Force 5.

Showbread.

BlackFox
Half-elven

Apr 18 2014, 6:25pm

Post #25 of 47 (917 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

*drinks up*
Feeling a bit better already! Smile

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.