**Children of Hurin**: first Chapter Leader sign-up

Brethil
Half-elven

Mar 28 2014, 8:16pm

Post #1 of 11 (475 views)
Shortcut
**Children of Hurin**: first Chapter Leader sign-up Can't Post

Greetings Fellowship of the Room!

To give plenty of preparation time, here are the first four weeks of the Children of Hurin chapters! Some of the chapters are combined, in view of length or their close relationship, discussion wise.
Without further ado, here they are! Both veteran chapter leaders and members who have never led a chapter (and anyone in between) are warmly welcomed to take a section. If one interests you, respond in this thread to claim it. If you have any questions, ask them here or via PM if you prefer.

4/27: The Childhood of Turin *and* The Battle of Unnumbered Tears

5/4: The Words of Hurin and Morgoth *and* The Departure of Turin

5/11: Turin in Doriath

5/18: Turin among the Outlaws

Cool
Can't wait to set off on this next literary Adventure with you all.

Have an idea relating to the world of JRR Tolkien that you would like to write about? If so, the Third TORn Amateur Symposium will be running in the Reading Room April, 2014. *The Call for Submissions is up*!

CuriousG
Half-elven

Mar 28 2014, 9:18pm

Post #2 of 11 (368 views)
Shortcut
"The Childhood of Hurin *and* The Battle of Unnumbered Tears"--claim! [In reply to] Can't Post

And thanks for doing the scheduling, Brethil!

(This post was edited by CuriousG on Mar 28 2014, 9:19pm)

Brethil
Half-elven

Mar 28 2014, 9:31pm

Post #3 of 11 (364 views)
Shortcut
Sweet - thanks for leading us off CG! [In reply to] Can't Post

After all the insights we got in our Sil read through I'm really excited to cover this in detail. Cool (*And I just noted our 'claimed' phraseology...TWD anyone?Laugh )

Have an idea relating to the world of JRR Tolkien that you would like to write about? If so, the Third TORn Amateur Symposium will be running in the Reading Room April, 2014. *The Call for Submissions is up*!

(This post was edited by Brethil on Mar 28 2014, 9:43pm)

Rembrethil
Tol Eressea

Mar 29 2014, 1:24am

Post #4 of 11 (349 views)
Shortcut
I believe I will take The Words of Hurin and Morgoth *and* The Depature of Turin [In reply to] Can't Post

We'll have a reminder schedule posted, right? I'd hate to forgetSly!!

BTW. That will be International Star Wars Day! (May the 4th be with you.)

Call me Rem, and remember, not all who ramble are lost...Uh...where was I?

Brethil
Half-elven

Mar 29 2014, 1:39am

Post #5 of 11 (345 views)
Shortcut
Lovely Rem! [In reply to] Can't Post

No worries on forgetting. I shall haunt you affectionately. Laugh

Mikah
Lorien

Mar 29 2014, 11:11pm

Post #6 of 11 (340 views)
Shortcut
Turin in Doriath [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi guys! I sure have missed you! Family situations have kept me occupied, but I should love to lead Turin in Doriath and see you back in the RR for the next chapter of Unfinished Tales!

Brethil
Half-elven

Mar 29 2014, 11:22pm

Post #7 of 11 (330 views)
Shortcut
So nice to see you Mikah! [In reply to] Can't Post

We've missed you!

I understand - family comes first. Looking forward to your take on that great bit of Turin! Thanks! Cool

Rembrethil
Tol Eressea

Mar 30 2014, 9:17pm

Post #8 of 11 (323 views)
Shortcut
Good to see you [In reply to] Can't Post

(Well, more like read you.....Uh....That sounds a bit creepy.....CrazyBlush)

I guess what I mean is to say 'Hi! Welcome back!!'TongueSly.

Call me Rem, and remember, not all who ramble are lost...Uh...where was I?

Brethil
Half-elven

Apr 2 2014, 5:46pm

Post #9 of 11 (329 views)
Shortcut
Turin among the Outlaws will be led by Steven Umbrello [In reply to] Can't Post

So we are set to go! Thanks to all and looking forward to it! Cool

**And Rem, you are doing that CoH chapter. Don't forget. **

Nira
Lorien

Apr 18 2014, 1:33am

Post #10 of 11 (271 views)
Shortcut
This is great! Thank you! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm excited to be reading this book for the first time with such an amazing group! How fortunate for me. :)

"Why, to think of it, we're in the same tale still! It's going on. Don't the great tales never end?" -Samwise

Brethil
Half-elven

Apr 18 2014, 3:27am

Post #11 of 11 (279 views)
Shortcut
So glad to have you joining us Nira! // [In reply to] Can't Post

The Third TORn Amateur Symposium kicks off this Sunday, April 13th, in the Reading Room. Come and join us for Tolkien-inspired writings!

**CoH Rem. Just sayin' **

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.