The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
CinemaSins: Everything Wrong With The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

BlackFox
Half-elven

Apr 17 2014, 6:11pm

Post #1 of 27 (2178 views)
Shortcut
CinemaSins: Everything Wrong With The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug Can't Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03LhYBNLXWo

"Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake." - Henry David Thoreau

SafeUnderHill
Rohan

Apr 17 2014, 6:27pm

Post #2 of 27 (1483 views)
Shortcut
Quite funny [In reply to] Can't Post

There's a lot of good jokes in there, but the CinemaSins team seem to have a grudge against these Hobbit films. This second Hobbit film was very gripping throughout (maybe it slowed towards the end) so I'm surprised they were going on saying it is full of filler, because the filler was mostly covered in the first film. Also, some of the YouTube comments are brutal.

tsmith675
Gondor

Apr 17 2014, 6:35pm

Post #3 of 27 (1506 views)
Shortcut
I never really find this guy's videos funny anymore. [In reply to] Can't Post

Way too long. They used to be like 4 minutes, 8 minutes tops. Now they're all like 15 minutes. If they were funny, I'd be fine with the length.

I did laugh when he said "These assholes make it sound like its easy to kill a flying dragon" though.

Our destiny lies above us.

(This post was edited by tsmith675 on Apr 17 2014, 6:36pm)

wonderinglinguist
Lorien

Apr 17 2014, 6:39pm

Post #4 of 27 (1461 views)
Shortcut
Haha! Thanks for posting! [In reply to] Can't Post

There were some really funny parts in that Laugh and I love the Sherlock bit at the end! Very amusing Smile

keep smiling Smile

R11
Lorien

Apr 17 2014, 7:12pm

Post #5 of 27 (1488 views)
Shortcut
Right On.... [In reply to] Can't Post

That about sums up the (un)healthy helping of tripe served up by PeeJay. Even worse than I had imagined after seeing the trailers and reading reviews etc. Every time I see the pretty boy thorin's smooth and soft as a baby's butt face I just want to puke.... Unsure

ron

(This post was edited by R11 on Apr 17 2014, 7:15pm)

tsmith675
Gondor

Apr 17 2014, 7:27pm

Post #6 of 27 (1431 views)
Shortcut
I'm sorry, man. [In reply to] Can't Post

That sucks that you can't find any enjoyment in these films.

But I'd be careful what you say about Richard Armitage's Thorin. As there are some pretty rabid fangirls, (and boys) of his! Wink

Our destiny lies above us.

SafeUnderHill
Rohan

Apr 17 2014, 7:28pm

Post #7 of 27 (1419 views)
Shortcut
You've not actually seen the film? [In reply to] Can't Post

You're judging how good it is based on a video that mocks all the little flaws in films?

R11
Lorien

Apr 17 2014, 7:33pm

Post #8 of 27 (1450 views)
Shortcut
One of Pee Jay's [In reply to] Can't Post

Hobbit films was more than enough for me. I found the first installment to be nearly complete trash and have zero interest in seeing any more of his crap.

ron

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Apr 17 2014, 8:02pm

Post #9 of 27 (1398 views)
Shortcut
So... [In reply to] Can't Post

Why bother hanging around the Hobbit movie board then?

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 17 2014, 8:14pm

Post #10 of 27 (1385 views)
Shortcut
Because he's allowed to? [In reply to] Can't Post

And who else is going to understand the anger and disappointment of a LOTR fan who doesn't like a Hobbit film than other LOTR fans?

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

demnation
Rohan

Apr 17 2014, 8:23pm

Post #11 of 27 (1355 views)
Shortcut
This seems like excessive nit picking [In reply to] Can't Post

And this is coming from someone who does their fair share of nit picking, especially with PJ's ME films.

"It is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succour of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till. What weather they shall have is not ours to rule." Gandalf, "The Last Debate."

SafeUnderHill
Rohan

Apr 17 2014, 8:38pm

Post #12 of 27 (1329 views)
Shortcut
All their videos are like that [In reply to] Can't Post

They're mostly meant as jokes. Although the guys at CinemaSins really seem to have some against these films.

SafeUnderHill
Rohan

Apr 17 2014, 8:39pm

Post #13 of 27 (1336 views)
Shortcut
Yes [In reply to] Can't Post

But going into Hobbit threads and posting and complaining about a film they've not even seen seems a bit annoying.

(This post was edited by SafeUnderHill on Apr 17 2014, 8:40pm)

EomundDaughter
Lorien

Apr 17 2014, 8:43pm

Post #14 of 27 (1331 views)
Shortcut
Since the movies are blockbusters [In reply to] Can't Post

and made billions....doubt if their opinions are worth anything..

demnation
Rohan

Apr 17 2014, 8:47pm

Post #15 of 27 (1308 views)
Shortcut
Well, none of our opinions are worth anything [In reply to] Can't Post

Except to ourselves, of course! Wink

But yeah, if these videos are meant to be funny, they need to try harder.

"It is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succour of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till. What weather they shall have is not ours to rule." Gandalf, "The Last Debate."

(This post was edited by demnation on Apr 17 2014, 8:49pm)

Macfeast
Rohan

Apr 17 2014, 8:50pm

Post #16 of 27 (1296 views)
Shortcut
Gave me a few laughs. [In reply to] Can't Post

To me, that's worth something.

Greenwood Hobbit
Valinor

Apr 17 2014, 9:32pm

Post #17 of 27 (1274 views)
Shortcut
<snert> [In reply to] Can't Post

Some of that was quite funny, apart from the totally unnecessary frequent swearing (yeah, call me old-fashioned) which I think is lazy language rather than bad language; maker of vid, live dangerously - think up some adjectives, whoever you are! I had a mental image of Kermit the Frog reading it all, which was rather distracting. Loved the Sherlock bit at the end.

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Apr 17 2014, 9:41pm

Post #18 of 27 (1279 views)
Shortcut
Yes [In reply to] Can't Post

but since he's completely given up on the movies already and hasn't even bothered to see the second one... It just seems like he's bashing them for the sake of bashing them at this point. Which he has the right to do, but... you can only say "this movie sucks" so many times, right?

(This post was edited by Mooseboy018 on Apr 17 2014, 9:50pm)

GiantMushroomBear
Bree

Apr 17 2014, 10:09pm

Post #19 of 27 (1279 views)
Shortcut
Only one part of this video I liked [In reply to] Can't Post

The part where he's criticizing the dwarves vs Smaug scene. Everything else seems like incessant nitpicking and grudging against the series.

Elarie
Grey Havens

Apr 17 2014, 10:31pm

Post #20 of 27 (1247 views)
Shortcut
I love love love these movies, but I got a chuckle out of that [In reply to] Can't Post

And there were even a couple of things I could have added (like, why was the melted gold deep enough to cover Smaug completely, but not deep enough to come to the top of those 3 little stair steps that Bilbo was standing on?) but who cares? I love these movies and never get tired of watching them. Smile

Hop to it, Radagast, we've got dark powers to sleigh.

Nira
Lorien

Apr 18 2014, 2:05am

Post #21 of 27 (1157 views)
Shortcut
Very funny! Thanks for sharing! // [In reply to] Can't Post

"Why, to think of it, we're in the same tale still! It's going on. Don't the great tales never end?" -Samwise

Barbarb
The Shire

Apr 18 2014, 3:46am

Post #22 of 27 (1157 views)
Shortcut
Melted gold [In reply to] Can't Post

He probably covers that mistake when he blurts out "What the **** is this ********?"

I agree, I love DOS but I can still laugh at this video. He hates it with such passion that it is funny.

Annatar598
Rohan

Apr 18 2014, 4:22am

Post #23 of 27 (1149 views)
Shortcut
Meh. Never liked CinemaSins [In reply to] Can't Post

I prefer Honest Trailers much more. A lot of their jabs at LOTR and The Hobbit are actually funny and hard to disagree on.

CinemaSins earlier videos, however, were much better.

"[Annatar598] is an overzealous apologist [for PJ]" - Certain TORn member.

Really? Alright...

Well, proud to be one I guess.

Arannir
Valinor

Apr 18 2014, 9:29am

Post #24 of 27 (1082 views)
Shortcut
Well, he does what he does for all the movie he "reviews". [In reply to] Can't Post

Of course, if one likes the particular movie, one finds him to be too extreme, not funny, etc.

But that is exactly the point, imho ;)

What I find a bit weird is how some people from the opposite side do not get this either - some people who dislike the particular movie actually believe that this makes their views in any way more "official".

So, both likers and dislikers should chill a bit ;)

“All good stories deserve embellishment."

Praise is subjective. And so is criticism.

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at."

BlackFox
Half-elven

Apr 18 2014, 10:31am

Post #25 of 27 (1087 views)
Shortcut
For those of who are brave enough [In reply to] Can't Post

Everything Wrong With...
... FOTR: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLoobrbKepE
... TTT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cgDVFBCiuw
... ROTK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQyn4AkkGHg
... AUJ: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LDhsH79jAY

*runs away*

"Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake." - Henry David Thoreau

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.