Estrogen Island?
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Kim
Valinor

Apr 17 2014, 4:59am

Post #26 of 39 (659 views)
Shortcut
Get thee to the full DVD stat! [In reply to] Can't Post

And make sure you clear your schedule, you'll want to watch all 4 hours back to back. Smile

"Jagatud rõõm on topelt rõõm - a shared joy is a double joy". ~Estonian saying

“As such, you will address His Majesty as His Majesty, the Lord of Silver Fountains, the King of Carven Stone, the King Beneath the Mountain, the Lion of Erebor, the High King of the Dwarves, the True Treasure of Erebor, the Face that Launched 10,000 Sighs, or Thorin the Majestic..."

http://newboards.theonering.net/forum/gforum/perl/gforum.cgi?post=719226;sb=post_time;so=DESC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed

Kim
Valinor

Apr 17 2014, 5:03am

Post #27 of 39 (664 views)
Shortcut
Excellent point - I heartily concur [In reply to] Can't Post

I actually came very close to posting the kilt photo, so thanks for filling in that gap. And you could say that Thorin looks like he just removed a cravat, what with the open neckline and all. Although I'm pretty sure the wet look came from being hosed down to remove all the fangirl drool. EvilTongue

“As such, you will address His Majesty as His Majesty, the Lord of Silver Fountains, the King of Carven Stone, the King Beneath the Mountain, the Lion of Erebor, the High King of the Dwarves, the True Treasure of Erebor, the Face that Launched 10,000 Sighs, or Thorin the Majestic..."

http://newboards.theonering.net/forum/gforum/perl/gforum.cgi?post=719226;sb=post_time;so=DESC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed

Elanor of Rohan
Lorien

Apr 17 2014, 7:15am

Post #28 of 39 (664 views)
Shortcut
I have just followed your advice [In reply to] Can't Post

and ...I have melted... even if Richard is not my number 1 favourite in the cast, he has done the most interesting series in his career...
I'll try and fill my gap, sooner or later (must search on AmazonTongue)

ah.. the hands...HeartHeart

Elanor of Rohan
Lorien

Apr 17 2014, 7:29am

Post #29 of 39 (661 views)
Shortcut
yes, nice pic! [In reply to] Can't Post

and yes Graham and Richard look like thisWink.

Angelic I have also noticed that the two younger ones in the picture are completely covered though...
Strange, because if you happen to type on youtube anything related to the series Desperate Romantics, Being Human or the Almighty Johnsons... plenty of very very naughty footage (sometimes the costume department of these TV series has seemed to completely forget about these actors' clothesTongueCrazy )

Eowyn of Penns Woods
Valinor

Apr 17 2014, 2:41pm

Post #30 of 39 (647 views)
Shortcut
Well, that's odd... [In reply to] Can't Post

because the last I saw of him, Dwalin looked like this:

There be some strange wizardry goin' on! ;)

His nephew looked a bit more like those guys, though...

NABOUF
Not a TORns*b!
Certified Curmudgeon
Knitting Knerd
NARF: NWtS Chapter Member since June 17,2011

Old Toby
Grey Havens

Apr 17 2014, 3:30pm

Post #31 of 39 (636 views)
Shortcut
It's funny. When I first got the DVD I only intended to watch the first episode. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hah! I didn't even LEAVE my tv screen until I had watched the entire series of four! I see that BBC has removed the videos of the entire Train Station Scene from You Tube and what remains are only snippets of the scene. Pity. I used to just hit 'replay' on it over and over. Now I have to keep backtracking on my DVD! LOL! sigh.

"Age is always advancing and I'm fairly sure it's up to no good." Harry Dresden (Jim Butcher)

Avandel
Half-elven

Apr 17 2014, 7:12pm

Post #32 of 39 (642 views)
Shortcut
LOL - fangirl drool removal [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, in meandering through the over 14,000 images tagged "Thorin" in deviantart I've noticed that Thorin & co. always seem to be depicted as being completely ripped.
This is one of the tamer ones - love the idea of the blacksmith king:

But then again, considering the real thing, all of these artworks are pretty accurate:

And I'm just posting this one because love this person's work and style (evenkart on Deviantart). Yep, Thorin is an inspirational art subject. As well as as causing oxygen depletion from the weak like me.

"Richard Armitage’s performance has been one of the best things about the new trilogy, making you believe that a hairy dwarf, so often the comedy element of the LOTR films, can be a heroic, tortured, and dangerous badass." - Den of Geek, The Hobbit: There & Back Again, 7 Apr 2014 - 07:07

(This post was edited by Avandel on Apr 17 2014, 7:15pm)

Avandel
Half-elven

Apr 17 2014, 7:21pm

Post #33 of 39 (629 views)
Shortcut
HA! I got caught by N & S last summer [In reply to] Can't Post

I idly started watching on YouTube - wasn't even home at the time - and got home and was up until 2 in the morning staring at a little tiny screen. Happily I own the DVD now but too bad someone took the vids down - sometimes you just need to watch a clip, just because, even if you own the material anyway ):

"Richard Armitage’s performance has been one of the best things about the new trilogy, making you believe that a hairy dwarf, so often the comedy element of the LOTR films, can be a heroic, tortured, and dangerous badass." - Den of Geek, The Hobbit: There & Back Again, 7 Apr 2014 - 07:07

Kim
Valinor

Apr 18 2014, 3:43am

Post #34 of 39 (606 views)
Shortcut
Same here [In reply to] Can't Post

I had planned to watch the first 2 hours, then the next 2 the following night. But there is no way you can stop watching at the end of the second episode! I stayed up til 1am to finish it. I actually watched it on Netflix first, and that was all the inspiration I needed to figure out how to set it up on my phone so I too can watch certain scenes over and over wherever and whenever I want. And then I discovered that Netflix cut out about 5 mins per episode, so I had to get the DVD. It was like getting an EE. Laugh

I'm still kicking myself for not listening to Netflix when they suggested it for me. If I'd noticed why they suggested it, I would have watched it sooner (they based it on my ratings for Bleak House and Persuasion). Thank goodness I listened to my friend when she insisted I watch it.

http://newboards.theonering.net/...forum_view_collapsed

Kim
Valinor

Apr 18 2014, 3:58am

Post #35 of 39 (609 views)
Shortcut
Excellent! [In reply to] Can't Post

Enjoy your trip down the rabbit hole! Wink If you have Netflix streaming, several of his series are available to watch.

Kim
Valinor

Apr 18 2014, 4:06am

Post #36 of 39 (606 views)
Shortcut
Inspirational art appreciation is always worthwhile [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for those lovely pics. And now I'm off to spend some quality time on Deviantart. Laugh

Old Toby
Grey Havens

Apr 18 2014, 7:35am

Post #37 of 39 (602 views)
Shortcut
Oh lookee what I found, John (RA) & Margaret fans! [In reply to] Can't Post

Okeydokey, they've removed the REAL train station scene from You Tube, but here is a fan made video I found that is quite lovely, with moments with John and Margaret throughout the series. And, of course, the infamous train station scene with The Kiss! I love the music in the original, but the music they've added here to the fan video is great too for what it is.

Enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD7UkKwetOc

"Age is always advancing and I'm fairly sure it's up to no good." Harry Dresden (Jim Butcher)

arithmancer
Grey Havens

Apr 19 2014, 2:43am

Post #38 of 39 (576 views)
Shortcut
More medalists... [In reply to] Can't Post

I like a slightly more muscular body type... so here are the 2012 Olympic gold and silver medalists in the decathlon.Smile

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Ashton+Eaton+2012+Olympic+Track+Field+Team+TdZaCAwUOSJl.jpg

Elanor of Rohan
Lorien

Apr 19 2014, 9:27am

Post #39 of 39 (581 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for the link! [In reply to] Can't Post

That's the one I saw, instead, with bits of dialogue.
And Richard's voice is always a joy for my ears...Heart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eARujJiEHL0

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.