The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Okay. This is kind of silly

RangerLady23
Lorien

Apr 16 2014, 5:38pm

Post #1 of 17 (766 views)
Shortcut
Okay. This is kind of silly Can't Post

But I just wanted to share that I just figured out how to put a footer on my posts AND I got a user image up!

I know it seems simple, but I have tried both several times and they never worked and now I feel my profile is complete! I am now a TORNsib! If you all will accept me? LOL Wink

"Ring-Ding" That moment when you are reading or watching Tolkien and the light bulb goes off that you have found something you've never seen before

DaughterofLaketown
Gondor

Apr 16 2014, 10:37pm

Post #2 of 17 (638 views)
Shortcut
Great job [In reply to] Can't Post

I know it's challenging.

Na Vedui
Rohan

Apr 16 2014, 10:41pm

Post #3 of 17 (635 views)
Shortcut
No, it isn't silly. Well done!// [In reply to] Can't Post

Glassary
Rivendell

Apr 17 2014, 1:40am

Post #4 of 17 (625 views)
Shortcut
Not silly at all, congratulations on your fabulous achievement!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Meneldor
Valinor

Apr 17 2014, 5:08am

Post #5 of 17 (615 views)
Shortcut
You have taken your first step into a larger world. [In reply to] Can't Post

Oops! Wrong franchise.

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters; These see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep.

Kim
Valinor

Apr 17 2014, 5:25am

Post #6 of 17 (631 views)
Shortcut
Yay! [In reply to] Can't Post

Sometimes, figuring out that kind of stuff can take time and focus. I still haven't taken the time to figure out how to make links in my footer clickable. It's on my list (see Bomby's Procrastination post). Laugh

"Jagatud rõõm on topelt rõõm - a shared joy is a double joy". ~Estonian saying

“As such, you will address His Majesty as His Majesty, the Lord of Silver Fountains, the King of Carven Stone, the King Beneath the Mountain, the Lion of Erebor, the High King of the Dwarves, the True Treasure of Erebor, the Face that Launched 10,000 Sighs, or Thorin the Majestic..."

http://newboards.theonering.net/forum/gforum/perl/gforum.cgi?post=719226;sb=post_time;so=DESC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed

Misto
Lorien

Apr 17 2014, 9:05am

Post #7 of 17 (617 views)
Shortcut
Speaking of silly [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm also in Lorien and have no clue how to change the settings so avatars will be shown. I know they exist, I know a lot of you have them and I even know where I could upload one. But how can I see them? (No, "open your eyes" is not the correct answer!Wink )

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 17 2014, 9:17am

Post #8 of 17 (613 views)
Shortcut
Take off the Ring! [In reply to] Can't Post

Wink

If you go to the "Edit Profile" ring at the top of the page, then "Display Settings", you'll find options to "Show other users' icons" and "View users' signatures". Select "yes" for both, and then save the settings.

If you have other questions like this, take a look at the "TORN 201" FAQ in the Welcome section, or ask on Feedback. Smile

Silverlode

"Dark is the water of Kheled-zâram, and cold are the springs of Kibil-nâla, and fair were the many-pillared halls of Khazad-dûm in Elder Days before the fall of mighty kings beneath the stone."

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 17 2014, 11:02am

Post #9 of 17 (605 views)
Shortcut
Clickable? [In reply to] Can't Post

Just go to Edit Profile, and where you have your footer code, just type {url} before the url, and {/url} right after it - no spaces, and replace the { and } with [ and ].

Easy! Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 17 2014, 11:05am

Post #10 of 17 (601 views)
Shortcut
Not silly at all. [In reply to] Can't Post

A learned skill is never to be laughed at!

Interesting avatar, by the way...I keep expecting to hear Jarvis say "Fool, take off the Ring"...Laugh!

Magpie
Immortal

Apr 17 2014, 12:44pm

Post #11 of 17 (603 views)
Shortcut
I have walkthroughs... [In reply to] Can't Post

...see link in my footer

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Avandel
Half-elven

Apr 17 2014, 7:31pm

Post #12 of 17 (585 views)
Shortcut
Not silly [In reply to] Can't Post

It was months before I worked to learn how to post images. I could say it was the power of the Ring (as well as the excellent directions in the TORn guide) that finally drove me to it, but actually as a Thorin fan it was the power of the dwarf king, really. I still haven't decided on a user image, tho I've seen a couple that I wish I hadEvil

"Richard Armitage’s performance has been one of the best things about the new trilogy, making you believe that a hairy dwarf, so often the comedy element of the LOTR films, can be a heroic, tortured, and dangerous badass." - Den of Geek, The Hobbit: There & Back Again, 7 Apr 2014 - 07:07

Kim
Valinor

Apr 18 2014, 2:55am

Post #13 of 17 (572 views)
Shortcut
Testing 1-2-3 [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the tips, checking to see if it worked.

“As such, you will address His Majesty as His Majesty, the Lord of Silver Fountains, the King of Carven Stone, the King Beneath the Mountain, the Lion of Erebor, the High King of the Dwarves, the True Treasure of Erebor, the Face that Launched 10,000 Sighs, or Thorin the Majestic..."

http://newboards.theonering.net/...forum_view_collapsed

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 18 2014, 2:59am

Post #14 of 17 (576 views)
Shortcut
You did it! [In reply to] Can't Post

(Now, where's the rest of that story, the Thralls are anxiously waiting to see how they all get out of that mess! Laugh)

Kim
Valinor

Apr 18 2014, 3:27am

Post #15 of 17 (569 views)
Shortcut
Wohoo! [In reply to] Can't Post

Just out of curiosity, why did you say to type them in with the { } brackets first, then say to replace them with [ ] brackets? I just typed them in with the [ ] brackets and it worked.

And yes, we need another "article" - I'll ping Avandel. Smile

Kim
Valinor

Apr 18 2014, 3:30am

Post #16 of 17 (576 views)
Shortcut
I keep telling you [In reply to] Can't Post

"holy smoking chocolate leather" Laugh

You may have seen this upthread, but any chance of a new "article" soon? Your fans are waiting...

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 18 2014, 3:49am

Post #17 of 17 (569 views)
Shortcut
If I had used [In reply to] Can't Post

the [ and ] when typing that post, it would have looked like this:

just type http://before the url, and right after it

instead of this:

just type {url} before the url, and {/url} right after it

You needn't use the braces first, just go straight to the brackets, sorry if that wasn't clear! Laugh

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.