The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
is this on the right forum?

Magpie
Immortal

Apr 15 2014, 7:09pm

Post #1 of 7 (1865 views)
Shortcut
is this on the right forum? Can't Post

although... I'm not sure if there is a right forum. But that's just me, I'm sure.

http://newboards.theonering.net/...i?post=732653#732653

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 15 2014, 7:27pm

Post #2 of 7 (1819 views)
Shortcut
It is now. / [In reply to] Can't Post

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Magpie
Immortal

Apr 15 2014, 7:56pm

Post #3 of 7 (1831 views)
Shortcut
well... [In reply to] Can't Post

not sure how it's a "Tolkien" topic but it's your call. :-)

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 15 2014, 10:11pm

Post #4 of 7 (1816 views)
Shortcut
It's news about a Hobbit-related topic, i.e. one of the actors. [In reply to] Can't Post

It could easily go on Off Topic as well.

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Magpie
Immortal

Apr 15 2014, 10:13pm

Post #5 of 7 (1817 views)
Shortcut
I just thought that if it was about an actor but not about anything Tolkien, it would be off topic [In reply to] Can't Post

but that's just my uber-organizational brain.

Would that mean that any news about any actor ever associated with the Tolkien movies would go on Main?

I admit, I also kind of wince at the thought of commenting on people's personal issues (I thought we decided not to for some cases in the past) and for making a drug arrest a 'Tolkien' topic.

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 15 2014, 10:57pm

Post #6 of 7 (1812 views)
Shortcut
There is clearly a grey area. [In reply to] Can't Post

As I said, this topic could have gone on Off-Topic as much as Main - it's a judgement call each time. The best thing to do is read the board description and see if whatever you want to post fits in with that description.

Ataahua's stories

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 15 2014, 11:23pm

Post #7 of 7 (1845 views)
Shortcut
In this case... [In reply to] Can't Post

I think the only possible relevance is that this might affect pickups for the Hobbit film which is still in production, and it could even have been left on Hobbit for that reason. It would be OT if it were news after the film's release or while working on another project. Main is kind of a compromise.

As Ataahua said, some things live in the grey areas and are subject to judgment calls. *shrug*

Silverlode

"Dark is the water of Kheled-zâram, and cold are the springs of Kibil-nâla, and fair were the many-pillared halls of Khazad-dûm in Elder Days before the fall of mighty kings beneath the stone."

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.