The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Doug Adams headed back to NZ

Dcole4
Rohan

Apr 14 2014, 5:28pm

Post #1 of 9 (622 views)
Shortcut
Doug Adams headed back to NZ Can't Post

Doug just tweeted that he's returning to NZ for 3-4 weeks. If you follow Doug, he's done an incredible job chronicling the musical journey of LOTR and now The Hobbit. He was the lad with Howard Shore in the recent production video. More interestingly though, could this mean they are doing 3-4 weeks on DOS EE music? It's far too early for TABA which will be scored in the early fall.

This would be incredibly exciting for fans who were disappointed with PJ's use (and re-use) of Shore music in the AUJ EE (and AUJ TE). Fingers crossed!

(This post was edited by Dcole4 on Apr 14 2014, 5:28pm)

Magpie
Immortal

Apr 14 2014, 5:42pm

Post #2 of 9 (312 views)
Shortcut
links for people who want more info on Doug [In reply to] Can't Post

Twitter: https://twitter.com/DougAdamsMusic

Blog: http://www.musicoflotr.com/

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Shagrat
Gondor

Apr 14 2014, 5:53pm

Post #3 of 9 (320 views)
Shortcut
I had hoped for EE recording sessions [In reply to] Can't Post

I haven't heard anything, but this suggests the NZSO have a couple of spare weeks or so starting now:

http://www.nzso.co.nz/...p;vi=cal&se=2014

I suspect that would be enough time to complete it.

xxxyyy
Rohan

Apr 14 2014, 7:28pm

Post #4 of 9 (261 views)
Shortcut
I think Shore is working on TABA now. [In reply to] Can't Post

Look at this:

https://twitter.com/lyricmoviemusic/status/453854650677329920

sycorax82
Rohan

Apr 14 2014, 11:41pm

Post #5 of 9 (188 views)
Shortcut
It's likely they will record the TABA score earlier [In reply to] Can't Post

The edit will, more or less, be locked already. As long as Peter doesn't have any last minute craziness to add, there's no reason why the score can't be recorded months earlier than normal.

Magpie
Immortal

Apr 15 2014, 12:19am

Post #6 of 9 (190 views)
Shortcut
Perhaps not to NZ.... [In reply to] Can't Post

after tweeting "Back to Middle-earth for the next three to four weeks. Where'd I leave that Ring ... ?"

he followed it up with: "Speculators, take note: Middle-earth isn't strictly synonymous with New Zealand. We're global these days. ;)"

I take that to mean he's not 'necessarily' (which probably means not at all) in NZ and that tweet could very well have been inspired by this thread. :-)

But then, he has to be very careful not to reveal much so perhaps he's just covering his bases here. I'm going with 'not in NZ' though.

https://twitter.com/DougAdamsMusic

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

(This post was edited by Magpie on Apr 15 2014, 12:20am)

Dcole4
Rohan

Apr 15 2014, 12:25am

Post #7 of 9 (180 views)
Shortcut
Haha...yeah [In reply to] Can't Post

I did jump the gun. However it does mean they're up to something. Probably a tad late to be scoring DOS EE in reality.

Although I do sincerely hope they do record more music. I feel like they were limited in what footage they could edit back into the AUJ EE b/c they opted to not bring Howard Shore back. A huge mistake (on top of the mistake to remove the Bilbo theme... and add that tacky re-use of the Nazgul theme).

Faleel
Rohan

Apr 15 2014, 12:57am

Post #8 of 9 (165 views)
Shortcut
.. [In reply to] Can't Post

And the fact that most of the EE footage that was of any significant length had already been scored had music recorded for it.

Skaan
Lorien

Apr 15 2014, 5:04pm

Post #9 of 9 (104 views)
Shortcut
Well, [In reply to] Can't Post

Howard Shore needs to finish the score first before it can be recordedTongue

Anyway, i'm pretty sure this has something to do with the behind-the-scenes documentaries of the DoS EE. I remember Doug saying somewhere that there will be more focus on the music this time in the behind-the-scenes (compared to AUJ, who got nothing other than some discussion about the songs).

Him saying that his trip to Middle-earth doesn't necessarily mean NZ, could also suggest that he's going to meet Howard Shore at his place for recording some interviews.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.