The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
objection!

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Apr 14 2014, 2:15pm

Post #1 of 8 (291 views)
Shortcut
objection! Can't Post

My last post was removed from this thread, http://newboards.theonering.net/...;;page=unread#unread, even though I was not only trying to be fair and reasonable, but was also attempting to bring the discussion back on topic. I'm a bit resentful of that.

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 14 2014, 2:57pm

Post #2 of 8 (214 views)
Shortcut
Sometimes, [In reply to] Can't Post

a post will be removed, not because it violates our Terms of Service, but because it's a response to a post that is a violation. That's what happened in your case - an earlier post in that thread was a violation of our TOS, but unfortunately all responses, and sub-responses, are connected and we can't keep those.

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Apr 14 2014, 3:18pm

Post #3 of 8 (211 views)
Shortcut
Gotcha. [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the clarification.

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Apr 14 2014, 5:25pm

Post #4 of 8 (230 views)
Shortcut
I note that [In reply to] Can't Post

my one post in that topic remains. Sadly no one ran with it.

Angelic

Donry
Tol Eressea

Apr 14 2014, 9:41pm

Post #5 of 8 (193 views)
Shortcut
I printed it... [In reply to] Can't Post

and ran with it for a while this afternoon....good run.

What's the matter, James? No glib remark? No pithy comeback?"

@DonryFetor

Magpie
Immortal

Apr 14 2014, 11:43pm

Post #6 of 8 (182 views)
Shortcut
lol.... [In reply to] Can't Post

You will be pleased and amused to know it took me a full 20 seconds to GET it.

well done.

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Apr 15 2014, 3:38pm

Post #7 of 8 (156 views)
Shortcut
Loved this discussion! [In reply to] Can't Post

I often get frustrated with people's mistaken ideas about evolution, the definition of 'theory', and the scientific method-- not to mention that science isn't just another "belief system". But as a non-scientist i often have a bit of trouble communicating what you all communicated so eloquently in that thread. Such smart, informed, well educated people here at TOR.n!

Too bad in had to be locked.

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Apr 15 2014, 9:27pm

Post #8 of 8 (122 views)
Shortcut
You did that for me? Ah, thanks man. / [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.