Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
I'm not sure if Thorin is the right one for it.

RandomSilvanElf
The Shire

Apr 14, 10:37am

Views: 73
Shortcut
I'm not sure if Thorin is the right one for it. [In reply to] Can't Post

As far as I remember, in the it was elves that first jumped into battle, driven by their hatred for goblins, and they were lead by Thranduil. I think it will be an interesting development for "I don't care for anyone outside my kindom" Elvenking ( If it's stolen by some other irrelevant in the story elf, I'll be very, very sad) It's also the moment when Bilbo decides that he prefers to stand with the "noble Elvenking" to protect him, it was hilarious and adorable for me in the book, I wonder if there's any chance they will use that in the movie.

The Bard also deserves a chance to shine as the new hero of Men - especially if you consider what just happened to them with the Smaug attack, they are the one that will need the most strength and encouragement to fight.

Let's not forget that the leader of dwarf army is Dain, not Thorin, and if anyone should rally the dwarfs it's him.

What I'm really looking forward to is all the diplomatics before the battle, first with Thorin about the treasure. But even more between the three above-mentioned characters, when the goblins arrive. For me it's the crucial moment in the story, when the 3 races of Middle Earth decide to fight together, instead against each other. Which one will be the first to tell they should unite? Who will be hero of the hour? Maybe it's Dain role?

It's hard to have one speech for the whole army with so many distinctive leaders- unless it will be Gandalf to do the speech. Or if we are lucky, we will get each of them to speak to their forces.

As for Thorin, I think at that point he will be preoccupied with his personal struggles, he should be pretty crazy by then. Then of course when the battle starts, he should jump in and do something MAJESTIC to redeem himself and make everyone admire and forgive him.

(This post was edited by RandomSilvanElf on Apr 14, 10:44am)

Subject User Time
Where can you see Thorin having an Epic Battle Speech in Taba? Thorins_apprentice Send a private message to Thorins_apprentice Apr 12, 9:09pm
    Richard said Mr. Arkenstone (isaac) Send a private message to Mr. Arkenstone (isaac) Apr 12, 9:59pm
        Can imagine it Avandel Send a private message to Avandel Apr 12, 10:27pm
    i can see boldog Send a private message to boldog Apr 12, 10:45pm
    No speech, I hope demnation Send a private message to demnation Apr 13, 12:18am
    Im waiting for a terrific Du Bekar! Mr. Arkenstone (isaac) Send a private message to Mr. Arkenstone (isaac) Apr 13, 1:49am
    Whenever it is, it better give me chills.// tsmith675 Send a private message to tsmith675 Apr 13, 2:00am
    I'm not sure if Thorin is the right one for it. RandomSilvanElf Send a private message to RandomSilvanElf Apr 14, 10:37am
        The first engagement of the battle. Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Apr 14, 2:53pm
            Thanks for correcting. RandomSilvanElf Send a private message to RandomSilvanElf Apr 14, 2:58pm
                The movie has to factor Azog in as well. Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Apr 14, 4:03pm
    I hope he will not speak Rickster Send a private message to Rickster Apr 14, 11:06pm
        That's a dat unrealistic. Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Apr 15, 3:57am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.