Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
DOS won an "award"

demnation
Rohan

Apr 14 2014, 5:50am

Post #1 of 16 (688 views)
Shortcut
DOS won an "award" Can't Post

http://www.usatoday.com/...inners-list/7683295/

At the MTV movie awards. For Best FIght.

"It is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succour of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till. What weather they shall have is not ours to rule." Gandalf, "The Last Debate."

Eleniel
Grey Havens

Apr 14 2014, 6:47am

Post #2 of 16 (361 views)
Shortcut
Surely thast should have been Legolas vs Bolg? [In reply to] Can't Post

Talking of OB, I notice he was also nominated for Best on-screen transformation...
Is that referring to between him and his digital double??? Crazy

"Choosing Trust over Doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened."
¯ Victoria Monfort

Glorfindela
Valinor

Apr 14 2014, 12:50pm

Post #3 of 16 (281 views)
Shortcut
Good grief! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Talking of OB, I notice he was also nominated for Best on-screen transformation... Crazy

Someone must have been bribed…

tsmith675
Gondor

Apr 14 2014, 1:17pm

Post #4 of 16 (228 views)
Shortcut
Who won Best Hero?// [In reply to] Can't Post

Our destiny lies above us.

Imladris18
Lorien

Apr 14 2014, 1:37pm

Post #5 of 16 (228 views)
Shortcut
Henry Cavill as Clark Kent, Man of Steel [In reply to] Can't Post

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Apr 14 2014, 1:44pm

Post #6 of 16 (231 views)
Shortcut
LOL [In reply to] Can't Post

Elvenking enthrallment
--------------------------
Thranduil Appreciation thread III
Thranduil Appreciation thread II
Thranduil Appreciation thread

Elskidor
Rohan

Apr 14 2014, 1:57pm

Post #7 of 16 (227 views)
Shortcut
MTV? [In reply to] Can't Post

That channel still exists?? Last I checked it was a lame reality show channel. I can't take these jokers seriously.

iduna
Rivendell

Apr 14 2014, 2:53pm

Post #8 of 16 (216 views)
Shortcut
For OB and EL vs. orcs [In reply to] Can't Post

So that could have referred either to the barrel sequence, or the fight in Bard's house in Laketown.

Legolas vs. Bolg wasn't really that unusual or surprising a fight, IMHO. Nobody dancing on other people's heads, or beheading an orc who's just been catapulted up into the air, or launching themselves sideways off Bard's walls.

Glorfindela
Valinor

Apr 14 2014, 3:50pm

Post #9 of 16 (177 views)
Shortcut
Nice one! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you for that. :)

In Reply To
Legolas vs. Bolg wasn't really that unusual or surprising a fight, IMHO. Nobody dancing on other people's heads, or beheading an orc who's just been catapulted up into the air, or launching themselves sideways off Bard's walls.

CathrineB
Rohan

Apr 14 2014, 4:56pm

Post #10 of 16 (174 views)
Shortcut
MTV movie awards [In reply to] Can't Post

... used to be much fun back in 2000 etc, but after 2004 it just went downhill. Now it's a travesty Crazy I mean look at some of those braindead catagories. I'm actually relieved my favorite actor didn't win the shirtless thing because come on. Crazy

Avandel
Valinor

Apr 14 2014, 5:49pm

Post #11 of 16 (159 views)
Shortcut
There's a shirtless thing? [In reply to] Can't Post

Meh. Like a budget cruise contest....yuck.

"Richard Armitage’s performance has been one of the best things about the new trilogy, making you believe that a hairy dwarf, so often the comedy element of the LOTR films, can be a heroic, tortured, and dangerous badass." - Den of Geek, The Hobbit: There & Back Again, 7 Apr 2014 - 07:07

CathrineB
Rohan

Apr 14 2014, 5:59pm

Post #12 of 16 (153 views)
Shortcut
Yep [In reply to] Can't Post

Best Shirtless Scene or something...

Unimpressed

Yep. Best "WTF moment" too. The actual catagory is named that xD

Werde Spinner
Rohan

Apr 15 2014, 12:12am

Post #13 of 16 (112 views)
Shortcut
I like the name of the "Best Scared-As-**** Face" category. [In reply to] Can't Post

Martin Freeman as Bilbo should have won that one, IMHO. He has that expression down to an art form. Then again, my face wouldn't be much different if I looked up to see a dragon about to breathe fire down on me...

"I had forgotten that. It is hard to be sure of anything among so many marvels. The world is all grown strange. Elf and Dwarf in company walk in our daily fields; and folk speak with the Lady of the Wood and yet live; and the Sword comes back to war that was broken in the long ages ere the fathers of our fathers rode into the Mark! How shall a man judge what to do in such times?"

"As he ever has judged. Good and ill have not changed since yesteryear; nor are they one thing among Elves and Dwarves and another among Men. It is a man's part to discern them, as much in the Golden Wood as in his own house."

Kilidoescartwheels
Gondor

Apr 15 2014, 2:56am

Post #14 of 16 (108 views)
Shortcut
Yeah, Martin [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Martin Freeman as Bilbo should have won that one, IMHO. He has that expression down to an art form. Then again, my face wouldn't be much different if I looked up to see a dragon about to breathe fire down on me...

Yeah, I think of him as a comedian, but he looked like he was having an anxiety attack as Smaug got closer - and in reality, there was nothing there! He was reacting to his imagination, which I think is amazing (and could never do myself)!

Kilidoescartwheels
Gondor

Apr 15 2014, 2:59am

Post #15 of 16 (91 views)
Shortcut
Yeah, but which one? [In reply to] Can't Post

"So that could have referred either to the barrel sequence, or the fight in Bard's house in Laketown"

Well, I've been saying that my favorite fight scene was the one in Bard's house - but I'm leaning toward the Barrels chase, since it was longer and way over the top!.

iduna
Rivendell

Apr 15 2014, 2:04pm

Post #16 of 16 (61 views)
Shortcut
I couldn't say [In reply to] Can't Post

My guess is that the award is related to OB and EL's fight at Bard's house in Laketown, because the barrel sequence involves so many more characters.

If they were going to give a "best fight" award to anyone in the barrel sequence, I'd say it should go to Stephen Hunter as Bombur fighting in his barrel. That was epic.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.