Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Hobbit films

Stoneaxe

Apr 13 2014, 7:06am

Post #1 of 6 (541 views)
Shortcut
Hobbit films Can't Post

Why has Jackson made dwarves so small and how come in the desolation of smaug filli is a really bad fighter as we'll as oin in bards house they don't put up much of a fight against the orcs

Elizabeth
Half-elven

Apr 13 2014, 7:32am

Post #2 of 6 (356 views)
Shortcut
Dwarves are bigger than Hobbits, shorter than Men. [In reply to] Can't Post

According to Tolkien, Dwarves are on average between four and five feet tall, towering over their tiny friends the Hobbits, who are two to four feet tall, according to the books.

Fili and Kili are relatively young and inexperienced in war, as is Oin. I expect they'll do better in TABA.

Welcome to TORn, Stoneaxe!

(This post was edited by Elizabeth on Apr 13 2014, 7:33am)

Elanor of Rohan
Lorien

Apr 13 2014, 9:05am

Post #3 of 6 (339 views)
Shortcut
Fili has no weapons [In reply to] Can't Post

and he is probably one foot and a half shorter than that Orc ; nonetheless he flung himself at the Orc and he pinned him to the door, thus permitting Bard's daughters to seek refuge under the table.

I won't add anything else...

DeadRabbits
Rohan

Apr 13 2014, 8:39pm

Post #4 of 6 (258 views)
Shortcut
Oin was quite a fighter in AUJ though... [In reply to] Can't Post

... remember all those goblins he knocked down, spinning his staff around at the bridge in Goblin Town?

Now now Bill, you swore this was a battle between warriors, not a bunch of miss nancies, so warriors is what I brought

Stoneaxe

Apr 18 2014, 8:46am

Post #5 of 6 (143 views)
Shortcut
Dwarves [In reply to] Can't Post

We'll in The films the hobbit bilbo looks the same height as the dwarves all wrong if you watch the two towers gimli and arogon look just right gimli looks to be 5 feet as arogon looks to be about 6 feet or so the proportions are perfect however in the hobit movies they look really poor all that money spent on smaug Jackson could have got the dwarves right very poor if you ask me

L

BlackFox
Half-elven

Apr 18 2014, 10:05am

Post #6 of 6 (137 views)
Shortcut
I guess this means Bilbo's just really tall for a hobbit! :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

"Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake." - Henry David Thoreau

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.