Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
How the heck did the dwarves made that angle on the dwarf statue staris?

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Apr 12 2014, 10:05pm

Post #1 of 9 (667 views)
Shortcut
How the heck did the dwarves made that angle on the dwarf statue staris? Can't Post

The starway makes like a close angle and then they have to jump or something?

The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true!

book Gandalf
Rohan

Apr 12 2014, 10:07pm

Post #2 of 9 (433 views)
Shortcut
easy [In reply to] Can't Post

a narrow ledge protruding from the inside wall across the gap no doubt.

This is a serious journey, not a hobbit walking-party.

tsmith675
Gondor

Apr 12 2014, 11:33pm

Post #3 of 9 (368 views)
Shortcut
Hmm I'm not quite sure I know what you're talking about. [In reply to] Can't Post

Do you have a picture of it? For some reason I can't think of what you're referring to. I'm sorry if I'm being dumb!

Our destiny lies above us.

(This post was edited by tsmith675 on Apr 12 2014, 11:38pm)

Faleel
Rohan

Apr 12 2014, 11:36pm

Post #4 of 9 (365 views)
Shortcut
. [In reply to] Can't Post

He is talking about the actual stairs, the crisscross shape that is stuck in the side of the statue, we see it right after Thorin tells Bilbo that he has "keen eyes"

Eruonen
Half-elven

Apr 13 2014, 1:36am

Post #5 of 9 (310 views)
Shortcut
I thought about that too but the idea of legde works. [In reply to] Can't Post

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Apr 13 2014, 1:46am

Post #6 of 9 (303 views)
Shortcut
Yeah exactly [In reply to] Can't Post

The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true!

tsmith675
Gondor

Apr 13 2014, 2:00am

Post #7 of 9 (300 views)
Shortcut
I guess I never thought of that! [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah, a little ledge on the inside makes the most sense to me.

Our destiny lies above us.

Glassary
Rivendell

Apr 13 2014, 10:08pm

Post #8 of 9 (137 views)
Shortcut
leaping Bombur??? [In reply to] Can't Post

Good question and it's one I have had from the moment I saw this scene. I'm hoping in the extended cut we will see
a few seconds of how they leap from one section to the other, especially Bombur. Yeah I know Bombus is
surprisingly athletic (outran all the other dwarves to Beorns house) but one false move and he's bouncing down the mountain.

Werde Spinner
Rohan

Apr 14 2014, 11:57pm

Post #9 of 9 (87 views)
Shortcut
LOL [In reply to] Can't Post

Okay, bad me, I should not have found that mental image of Bombur bouncing down the mountain as funny as I did.

In all honesty, though, this question about the Dwarves getting from one side of the stairs to the other has bothered me ever since that shot was shown in the trailer! I suppose, if they carried some ropes and grappling hooks with them, it would be no problem at all, but we don't know that they did. And there's not a lot of room there to jump... Hmm. Magnets?

"I had forgotten that. It is hard to be sure of anything among so many marvels. The world is all grown strange. Elf and Dwarf in company walk in our daily fields; and folk speak with the Lady of the Wood and yet live; and the Sword comes back to war that was broken in the long ages ere the fathers of our fathers rode into the Mark! How shall a man judge what to do in such times?"

"As he ever has judged. Good and ill have not changed since yesteryear; nor are they one thing among Elves and Dwarves and another among Men. It is a man's part to discern them, as much in the Golden Wood as in his own house."

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.