Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Where can you see Thorin having an Epic Battle Speech in Taba?

Thorins_apprentice
Rohan

Apr 12 2014, 9:09pm

Post #1 of 13 (589 views)
Shortcut
Where can you see Thorin having an Epic Battle Speech in Taba? Can't Post

From Théoden to Aragorn to Gandalf ,we got our fair share of Epic speeches in Return of the king and seeing how this is Pjs last Tolkien movie, i can see Thorin rallying up his Dwarven companions somewhere in the film.Where do you think it could be appropriate?

Also, who else in the movie would you like see have an epic battle speech.? They are indeed a pivotal thing to cinema especially Battle sequences and raise tension ,so this should be interesting

We are more connected than ever before, more able to spread our ideas and beliefs, our anger and fears. As we exercise the right to advocate our views, and as we animate our supporters, we must all assume responsibility for our words and actions before they enter a vast echo chamber and reach those both serious and delirious, connected and unhinged.

(This post was edited by Thorins_apprentice on Apr 12 2014, 9:10pm)

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Apr 12 2014, 9:59pm

Post #2 of 13 (418 views)
Shortcut
Richard said [In reply to] Can't Post

that dwarves filmed the moment when they pop put of the mountain in armour and attack, I guess that is the moment it will happen, if it happens

The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true!

Avandel
Half-elven

Apr 12 2014, 10:27pm

Post #3 of 13 (378 views)
Shortcut
Can imagine it [In reply to] Can't Post

From the walls of Erebor, the maddened (but not lost) Thorin rallying his company, the Heirs of Durin and the Company making the choice to go down fighting rather than see Erebor overrun, that magnificent voice rallying the dwarves, elves, men, a suicidal charge, Beorn exploding across the battlefield slaying as he charges.

Almost makes up for how upset I personally will be *sigh*.Unsure

"Richard Armitage’s performance has been one of the best things about the new trilogy, making you believe that a hairy dwarf, so often the comedy element of the LOTR films, can be a heroic, tortured, and dangerous badass." - Den of Geek, The Hobbit: There & Back Again, 7 Apr 2014 - 07:07

boldog
Rohan

Apr 12 2014, 10:45pm

Post #4 of 13 (351 views)
Shortcut
i can see [In reply to] Can't Post

Bard doing a speech to hearten the men of laketown as they are clearly the most vulnerable.Also is love to see a speech by Azog. It would beggoos to see an evil inspiring speech. That would be a first

I believe that Azog and Bolg are possibly the only two orcs who may be an exception to the typical evil nature of an orc. Azog had brought up his son, well enough that he actually acknowledges him as his own son. That is a first for any orc. And Bolg sets out to march upon Erebor in vengeance of his fathers death. How many orcs will Try and avenge another dead orc? Most will just forget about the dead one. This gives me hope that Orcs, have some traits of good in them, even if it is small aspects.

demnation
Rohan

Apr 13 2014, 12:18am

Post #5 of 13 (321 views)
Shortcut
No speech, I hope [In reply to] Can't Post

I do hope to hear the simple "To me, Elves and Men,...." line.

"It is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succour of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till. What weather they shall have is not ours to rule." Gandalf, "The Last Debate."

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Apr 13 2014, 1:49am

Post #6 of 13 (310 views)
Shortcut
I´m waiting for a terrific Du Bekar! [In reply to] Can't Post

The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true!

tsmith675
Gondor

Apr 13 2014, 2:00am

Post #7 of 13 (297 views)
Shortcut
Whenever it is, it better give me chills.// [In reply to] Can't Post

Our destiny lies above us.

RandomSilvanElf
The Shire

Apr 14 2014, 10:37am

Post #8 of 13 (217 views)
Shortcut
I'm not sure if Thorin is the right one for it. [In reply to] Can't Post

As far as I remember, in the it was elves that first jumped into battle, driven by their hatred for goblins, and they were lead by Thranduil. I think it will be an interesting development for "I don't care for anyone outside my kindom" Elvenking ( If it's stolen by some other irrelevant in the story elf, I'll be very, very sad) It's also the moment when Bilbo decides that he prefers to stand with the "noble Elvenking" to protect him, it was hilarious and adorable for me in the book, I wonder if there's any chance they will use that in the movie.

The Bard also deserves a chance to shine as the new hero of Men - especially if you consider what just happened to them with the Smaug attack, they are the one that will need the most strength and encouragement to fight.

Let's not forget that the leader of dwarf army is Dain, not Thorin, and if anyone should rally the dwarfs it's him.

What I'm really looking forward to is all the diplomatics before the battle, first with Thorin about the treasure. But even more between the three above-mentioned characters, when the goblins arrive. For me it's the crucial moment in the story, when the 3 races of Middle Earth decide to fight together, instead against each other. Which one will be the first to tell they should unite? Who will be hero of the hour? Maybe it's Dain role?

It's hard to have one speech for the whole army with so many distinctive leaders- unless it will be Gandalf to do the speech. Or if we are lucky, we will get each of them to speak to their forces.

As for Thorin, I think at that point he will be preoccupied with his personal struggles, he should be pretty crazy by then. Then of course when the battle starts, he should jump in and do something MAJESTIC to redeem himself and make everyone admire and forgive him.

(This post was edited by RandomSilvanElf on Apr 14 2014, 10:44am)

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Apr 14 2014, 2:53pm

Post #9 of 13 (190 views)
Shortcut
The first engagement of the battle. [In reply to] Can't Post

A number of the "few brave men" who were strung before the goblin wolf-riders to make a feint of resistance were the first to fall. The first charge of the Elves started soon after that. Thorin and his companions entered the battle at around the half-way point, before the entrance of the Eagles.

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

RandomSilvanElf
The Shire

Apr 14 2014, 2:58pm

Post #10 of 13 (189 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for correcting. [In reply to] Can't Post

And actually it would make much sense if they did that way in the movie as well.

Still I can wait to hear all of that negotiations - it's a place for some good acting to show.

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Apr 14 2014, 4:03pm

Post #11 of 13 (186 views)
Shortcut
The movie has to factor Azog in as well. [In reply to] Can't Post

I suspect that Azog will lead the first wave of Orcs in the attack. Bolg can command the force that surges into the valley afterward (just in time to see his father killed) that turns the battle back into the Orcs' favor until the entrance of Beorn.

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

Rickster
Rohan

Apr 14 2014, 11:06pm

Post #12 of 13 (172 views)
Shortcut
I hope he will not speak [In reply to] Can't Post

Let him be silent in the movie so we can remember the words in the first two movies as his final words.
They were fantastic
I hope we hear a lot from Sauroman

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Apr 15 2014, 3:57am

Post #13 of 13 (170 views)
Shortcut
That's a dat unrealistic. [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Let him be silent in the movie so we can remember the words in the first two movies as his final words.
They were fantastic
I hope we hear a lot from Sauroman

I think we can at least expect Thorin to rally his allies as he does in the book. Also, his final words should be those spoken to Bilbo after the battle.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.